• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:06 PM

I agree. Calling it a poor man's GTA is a ridiculous statement. If one doesn't like the game then fair enough but that doesn't make it inferior to a game like GTA.

what i mean is, the lego games just seem to be dumbed down versions of other games, 

Lego Racers - Mario Kart / etc etc

Lego Indiana Jones - Uncharted / Tomb Raider

Just make the games without the lego, just is a easy way out instead of doing something nice with the graphical ability's available. 

#22 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:14 PM

Hmmm I don't get this silly comment from Eurogamer concerning Wii U specs?

"There are a few problems, but they are mostly limitations of the hardware. The draw distance and frame-rate aren't terribly solid, although this never interfered with my enjoyment of the game"

#23 DanJiblets

DanJiblets

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Halo

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:08 PM

What do you not get? I love Nintendo, but some of you guys are seriously delusional.

#24 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:15 PM

What do you not get? I love Nintendo, but some of you guys are seriously delusional.

It's fairly simple, there isn't anything about the hardware that is limiting this game, many of the launch games for other systems have the same issues.  For Edge to day categorically, on a launch window title, that hardware limitations are the reason for loading and occasional framerate hiccups is delusional.  

#25 DanJiblets

DanJiblets

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Halo

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:50 PM

Okay I can understand that, at this point there's really no way to prove whether it's the devs or the hardware to be honest.

#26 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:57 PM

Its like saying Bayonetta running like crap on ps3 was due to hardware limitations. Its just as laughable given that we know that if made correctly, it would have had more than enough power to handle that game. Just the same here it can be attributed to developers' inexperience with a new platform.

Edited by routerbad, 14 March 2013 - 02:58 PM.

#27 DanJiblets

DanJiblets

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Halo

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:59 PM

This is getting off topic so I'm gonna roll with it lol. When is Bayonetta 2 supposed to come?

#28 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:01 PM

what i mean is, the lego games just seem to be dumbed down versions of other games,

Lego Indiana Jones - Uncharted / Tomb Raider

Just make the games without the lego, just is a easy way out instead of doing something nice with the graphical ability's available.

This is a brand new LEGO up though. If it wasn't for commandeering cars it wouldn't be compared to GTA at all

And Lego funds development.

Edited by routerbad, 14 March 2013 - 03:02 PM.

#29 erics

erics

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:31 PM

This is getting off topic so I'm gonna roll with it lol. When is Bayonetta 2 supposed to come?

It's been delayed until further notice due to the Wii U's hardware limitations.

New Super Mario Bros. U, ZombiU, Darksiders II, Lego City Undercover, Little Inferno, New Super Luigi U, Earthbound, Pikmin 3, Rayman Legends, The Wonderful 101...

#30 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:04 AM

It's been delayed until further notice due to the Wii U's hardware limitations.

:laugh:

#31 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:46 AM

Lego Indiana Jones - Uncharted / Tomb Raider

Just make the games without the lego, just is a easy way out instead of doing something nice with the graphical ability's available.

I think you seem to be missing the point of what Lego games are meant to be. Now I'm not a fan of Lego games but I do appreciate what they are about and what they're trying to do. I think you're taking then way too literally and not seeing them for what they are. It's fair enough if they're not your cup of tea but to criticise them the way you did is just silly in my opinion.

#32 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:30 AM

i dunno  :unsure:

the reviews seem to be pretty split of this game, i am not really in to the Lego games as they have never appealed to me, i am interested in this, but the main reason i am i think is because of the lack of games on the WiiU, i don't think there is enough in this to warrant just buying it out of desperation.

a lot of the reviews have said that the world is pretty empty of things to do, yes there is the stories & things to do, but it is just a bland, clichéd & empty wold.

#33 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:33 AM

it is just a bland, clichéd & empty wold.

Like Grand Theft Auto and Rockstar's soul then?  :laugh: For me the game looks fun as hell, and while it'd like more of a lively world with random side-missions. The game itself looks awesome.

PS: Let's hope GTA V is better, but I doubt it somehow.

#34 Falconberg

Falconberg

Spiny

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:13 AM

i dunno :unsure:

the reviews seem to be pretty split of this game, i am not really in to the Lego games as they have never appealed to me, i am interested in this, but the main reason i am i think is because of the lack of games on the WiiU, i don't think there is enough in this to warrant just buying it out of desperation.

a lot of the reviews have said that the world is pretty empty of things to do, yes there is the stories & things to do, but it is just a bland, clichéd & empty wold.

Actually I thought the reviews were pretty consistent. There's only that one oddball at three bottom. All three rest of them say somewhere around 8 out of 10, which is pretty remarkable for a Lego game. I bought it & I am loving it.
-falconberg (Nintendo Network ID)

#35 Scooter_Johnson

Scooter_Johnson

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • NNID:Scooter_Johnson

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:58 AM

game look ace shame us british gamers wont get it until next friday

pre ordered it from graingergames but might get it from either shopto or amazon as they dont know the price of the game

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!