• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 kingdomcode

kingdomcode

Shy Guy

• Banned
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 05:42 AM

lets face the facts when it come down to nintendo consol third party developers are lazy and favors $ony and micro$oft over nintendo the gamecube was the powerhouse of its gen yet it got less support than its competitors the wiiu may be able to compete tech wise with the ps4 and xbox 3 but devs dont care they'll abandon the wiiu and flock to $ony and m$ like they always do sad but true.

#2 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 05:48 AM

I agree with you.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#3 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:01 AM

tumblr_lu68ykNc3p1qk6s58.gif

#4 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:32 AM

lets face the facts when it come down to nintendo consol third party developers are lazy and favors $ony and micro$hit over nintendo the gamecube was the powerhouse of its gen yet it got less support than its competitors the wiiu may be able to compete tech wise with the ps4 and xbox 3 but devs dont care they'll abandon the wiiu and flock to $ony and m$ like they always do sad but true.

Well, let's face more facts.

The GameCube was actually the second most powerful of its generation, and used proprietary discs.

You're not actually giving any real facts other than "I just don't think they'll do it" with no real, solid evidence to support your claim.

The reason a great deal of third-party games aren't coming out for the Wii U at launch is because of how far along in development the games already are. 

So...yeah. Just play the waiting game.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#5 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:49 AM

The GameCube was actually the second most powerful of its generation, and used proprietary discs.

You're not actually giving any real facts other than "I just don't think they'll do it" with no real, solid evidence to support your claim.

The reason a great deal of third-party games aren't coming out for the Wii U at launch is because of how far along in development the games already are. 

suap.jpg

Thank you for renewing my hopes :D

#6 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 07:00 AM

attachicon.gifsuap.jpg

Thank you for renewing my hopes :D

Game collector is right. and lets face even MOOOORE facts lol-

The Wii U isn't getting much third party support as of now because,

- it's the only next gen console out

- developers are still figuring out the different and more powerful architecture

- The install base is small (just launched 5-6 months ago) -_-

When the ps4 comes out we will see the Wii U get more support , I guarantee you. 

tumblr_lu68ykNc3p1qk6s58.gif

0511-0810-2417-1928_Man_Crying_Over_Loss

playstation-vita.jpglol

Edited by WomboKingKombo, 16 March 2013 - 07:01 AM.

Signature_Fox.png

#7 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 16 March 2013 - 07:39 AM

lets face the facts when it come down to nintendo consol third party developers are lazy and favors $ony and micro$oft over nintendo the gamecube was the powerhouse of its gen yet it got less support than its competitors the wiiu may be able to compete tech wise with the ps4 and xbox 3 but devs dont care they'll abandon the wiiu and flock to $ony and m$ like they always do sad but true.

I'm pretty confident we will win over most third parties. However that will take time. I'm almsot certain after Nintendo shows the other companies what the Wii U can do with our first party titles we will then win them over.

Signature_DK.png

#8 Bane

Bane

Spiny

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 07:43 AM

And budget. AAA games I think cost atleast like $30 million to do. I know ports typically take $1 million to do, but some just don't have that :/

#9 unleashedknight

unleashedknight

Bob-omb

• Banned
  • 273 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:02 AM

Who the hell cares? Nobody buys a nintendo console for third party, they buy it for nintendo franchises.

#10 lucario23

lucario23

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:04 AM

If you guys want third party support you have to tell them that by buying the games that are already out. Any big AAA title that comes to Wii U this year HAS to sell well if we want third party support to continue. I'm talking Assassin's Creed and Watch Dogs, Injustice, The next Call of Duty. If these games show they can sell, then the support will continue. Please remember this as the first true wave of Nintendo titles get announced and released during the second half of this year.

Edited by lucario23, 16 March 2013 - 08:05 AM.

#11 Bane

Bane

Spiny

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:07 AM

If you guys want third party support you have to tell them that by buying the games that are already out. Any big AAA title that comes to Wii U this year HAS to sell well if we want third party support to continue. I'm talking Assassin's Creed and Watch Dogs, Injustice, The next Call of Duty. If these games show they can sell, then the support will continue. Please remember this as the first true wave of Nintendo titles get announced and released during the second half of this year.

^This. Nintendrones whine that 3rd parties don't like Nintendo, but they refuse to buy 3rd party games.

#12 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:23 AM

I wish I could buy more games, but my wallet hates me

#13 Tom

Tom

The Unicorn

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • NNID:IAmTom
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:51 AM

I corrected the post so that it shows only facts.

Edited by Tom, 16 March 2013 - 08:52 AM.

"I'M NOT BEING PESSIMISTIC, I'M BEING REALISTIC." - EVERY PESSIMIST EVER.

#14 the gamz girnalizt

the gamz girnalizt

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Fandom:
    criticising nintendo

Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:15 AM

I'll identify some of the problems with third-party for Nintendo's previous consoles.

• Nintendo 64 - Even though it was more powerful than PS1, the cartridges had limited space and I believe they can only hold 256MB whereas PS1 CDs can store 700MB, plus it's possible to have multi-disc games on PS1 since the save data is saved in the memory card.
  • Nintendo GameCube - It was slightly less powerful than Xbox and more powerful than PS3 though that's not the point. The problem with GameCube was that the discs could only hold 1.5GB whereas Xbox and PS2 DVDs could hold 4.7GB, and even though it was possible to do multi-discs on GameCube, I think third-partys weren't bothered putting content on separate discs as there would be too many. Games on PS2 and Xbox were typically bigger.
  • Nintendo Wii - Wii was underpowered, like 20 times less powerful than PS3/Xbox 360. As for GameCube's disc problem, it went on to Xbox 360, but most games didn't fill up the 25GB for the PS3 Blu-Ray discs, so the disc problem wasn't really a problem with the Xbox 360.

I see with Wii U, it removes the disc problem and being underpowered. PS4 still uses Blu-Rays and Wii U has 25GB proprietary discs, so it's equivalent. I think Wii U will get good third-party and it just takes time for developers to get used to the hardware. It's possible to compare Wii U to PS4, unlike last generation.

Edited by Xeuman, 16 March 2013 - 09:16 AM.

gamz girnalizm all da way

#15 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:21 AM

^This. Nintendrones whine that 3rd parties don't like Nintendo, but they refuse to buy 3rd party games.

Unfortunately, that is very true.
Nintendo owners complain that they don`t get good 3rd party support, but when they do, not everything fits their tastes and most of the times they will just buy it for another console.

On topic:

When it comes to consoles, nothing is written in stone: the core market belonged to Nintendo once. Then it lost it to Sega and then Sony. Then Sony lost part of it to MS.

And seeing this past generation doesn`t really have a precedent, no one can really know how things will unfold.

As GameCollector put it: it`s all about the waiting game.

#16 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:58 AM

Absolute rubbish. You have no clue as to what your talking about. The majority of third party games so far and several of those announced for release in the near future are all ports of games which have been available for a while on other platforms. Why should Wii U owners resort to buying these games especially if they have already played them on other platforms when they deserve new multi platform games to be announced for the Wii U if not also exclusives that take advantage of the its unique features like the Gamepad.

Unfortunately, that is very true.
Nintendo owners complain that they don`t get good 3rd party support, but when they do, not everything fits their tastes and most of the times they will just buy it for another .

Again not true at all.

Developers and publishers are just taking the easy way out to appease Nintendo and Wii U owners by porting over existing games which cost them next to nothing rather then developing new multi platform and exclusive games for the Wii U. Nintendo isn't helping by not giving people a reason to buy a Wii U by offering AAA first party games now. They need to give third parties a reason to invest money in the Wii U by providing these first party games to help increase the market share of the Wii U.

#17 Bane

Bane

Spiny

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:27 PM

Absolute rubbish. You have no clue as to what your talking about. The majority of third party games so far and several of those announced for release in the near future are all ports of games which have been available for a while on other platforms. Why should Wii U owners resort to buying these games especially if they have already played them on other platforms when they deserve new multi platform games to be announced for the Wii U if not also exclusives that take advantage of the its unique features like the Gamepad.

Again not true at all.

Developers and publishers are just taking the easy way out to appease Nintendo and Wii U owners by porting over existing games which cost them next to nothing rather then developing new multi platform and exclusive games for the Wii U. Nintendo isn't helping by not giving people a reason to buy a Wii U by offering AAA first party games now. They need to give third parties a reason to invest money in the Wii U by providing these first party games to help increase the market share of the Wii U.

Is that so? Then how come most 3rd party games on Nintendo home consoles struggle to break even 1 million copies?

#18 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:03 PM

Who the hell cares? Nobody buys a nintendo console for third party, they buy it for nintendo franchises.

it won't work this time though, Nintendo has already said that it needs the core gamers to jump on board & for that to happen the WiiU needs third party games & not just ports of PS3 & X360 games, the WiiU versions need to have better graphics & more content to encourage people to buy a WiiiU & also games for the WiiU.

people simply won't pay £300 for a console that is only going to have ten games to play on it !

#19 A-Leal

A-Leal

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • NNID:A-Leal

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:09 PM

This. ^ I'll play everything else on PS3 and then PS4 when it comes out.

A-Leal.png Nintendo Network ID: A-Leal 

#20 SDDMN

SDDMN

Boo

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Golden Sun, Zelda

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:53 PM

I'm interested in Watch Dogs and Injustice, I'm not 100% sure about Assassin's Creed since I never tried the series yet, and I'm not an FPS fan, so Call of Duty isn't in my list of games to get.

SmashBros_zps4a8520f2.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!