Photo

What will you do if the Wii U is Nintendo's last ever console?

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

Poll: What would you do if the Wii U is Nintendo's last ever console? (53 member(s) have cast votes)

What would you do if the Wii U is Nintendo's last ever console?

1. Move to Sony (16 votes [30.19%])

Percentage of vote: 30.19%

2. Move to Microsoft (1 votes [1.89%])

Percentage of vote: 1.89%

3. Move to PC gaming (28 votes [52.83%])

Percentage of vote: 52.83%

4. Stop gaming altogether (8 votes [15.09%])

Percentage of vote: 15.09%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:41 AM

What would you do if the Wii U is Nintendo's last console. Nothing after that, no handhelds, no home consoles, they had to make games for other consoles. What would you do? I guess I would stop gaming altogether, the Xbox and Playstation doesn't interest me at all.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#2 NegaScott128

NegaScott128

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:45 AM

It won't be their last. People forget just how much money they made on the Wii and DS. They'll be around for a little while longer.

#3 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:48 AM

Well I already play other consoles, so I wouldn't' be too bothered. Only disturbed that the console market will have very slow innovation, as Microsoft and Sony usually wait to see what Nintendo do, then copy and improve on the idea. Now all we'd end up with is Sony and Microsoft never changing generation because why bother when you can make money out of the generation you're already in? Why take the financial risk innovating new gameplay ideas when we can just sit on our asses and just pump out the same old carp that people keep buying.

Yes I know Nintendo do like to pump out the same old Mario occasionally, but they seem the most innovative when it comes to sequels to their software and hardware  

However I feel that the Wii U will sell at least 65, 000, 000 - 75, 000, 000 consoles during its lifetime setting up a large consumer base, and further third party trust ready for the next Nintendo console.

But i don't think Nintendo's next console will be out any times soon. There's no point unill 4k TVs become popular (there's NO point in another 1080p console, the Wii U is fine at doing that) and all possibilities have been tried and done to death with the gamepad.

Edited by Penguin101, 17 March 2013 - 05:55 AM.

#4 Zonark

Zonark

Blooper

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:52 AM

I'd say a long while longer they have made triple the profits that Xbox has with just the Wii alone. That basically insures them for 3 more console launches that are fails

#5 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:08 AM

I love how the comments pretty much disregard the question and just say that it won't happen. As for me, I would probably move to pc gaming.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#6 Kao

Kao

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • NNID:Ernitis
  • Fandom:
    Kao the Kangaroo

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:15 AM

Well, I wloud be on Sony gameing if it wloud have more non-shooter and mature games, but I think i wloud go to PC

Hello! My name is Kao and I am a Kangaroo! If you can see my kicking picture there, you can see me riding one of mine friends! I am quite popular in the area because I saved alot of animals turning in to women accsesories. It was quite painfull on the way, but I liked the experience! I plan on buying a plane with all my money I got and going on an adventure on the isles. My first adventure was when that Mcguffin Hunter cought me, but I escaped, and I don't want to let any animal in pain! What's your story, mate?

-Kao the kangaroo

#7 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:23 AM

Rather than move to Xbot or Sonydrone country i'd probably move to PC or just give up gaming period :|

Edited by VGCrasher, 17 March 2013 - 06:24 AM.

#8 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:45 AM

I usually own all the different consoles. I would miss them tons, but I would still be gaming as I normally do. I don't see this happening in the near future. If anything I could see them going handheld only. They already made statements on working on the 3DS/Wii U successors.

Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#9 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:46 AM

What would you do if the Wii U is Nintendo's last console. Nothing after that, no handhelds, no home consoles, they had to make games for other consoles. What would you do? I guess I would stop gaming altogether, the Xbox and Playstation doesn't interest me at all.

If Nintendo are making games, and they appear on the Praystation or Xsocks, why would you not be interested in them?

I already do my non-console gaming on pc so nothing would change for me, except I'd hope Nintendo would release on steam.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#10 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:24 AM

I'd just continue gaming on other platforms. Why isn't there an option for all of the above? It implies that you have to be a fanboy and move exclusively to one.

#11 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:25 AM

I think it probably will be their last console, not because I think they'll drop out of the industry, but because I think the idea of traditional "game consoles" is going to be phased out over the course of the 8th gen and going into the 9th gen. Hardware is likely going to become a lot more open, more customisable and such, so it'll be interesting to see how Nintendo adapts to that.

But if they did drop out of the industry all together, I don't think much would change for me. I already use the PC as my main platform, PlayStation for most multiplats, and Xbox for the few good MS exclusives.

Posted Image

#12 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:35 AM

Since nintendo games would die with the console..... i would be on pc gaming. considering the other two consoles arent even really anything but watered down third party ports and a few mediocre exclusives.

Signature_Fox.png

#13 Omarsonic9

Omarsonic9

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:35 AM

I'll play Animal Crossing 3DS until I die.

End of story..... However, if I lost my animal crossing 3DS and there's no way to get it back or to play 3DS again.. Well... I'll kill myself. JK.

I'll probably play Minecraft on this stupid PC.

Edited by Omarsonic9, 17 March 2013 - 07:36 AM.

sig.gif

#14 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • NNID:Pyroblock
  • Fandom:
    all things Nintendo and PC

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:40 AM

i dont like the poll because im a pc gamer and a nintendo gamer

wa3Nq7j.png

#15 Bunkei

Bunkei

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:16 AM

I would be devastasted from an emotional point of view.  From a more pragmatic point of view, it's something I could live with as long as Nintendo's IPs stay alive and exclusive to Nintendo as the publisher.

#16 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:30 AM

I probably wouldnt bother with anything. I really only play Nintendo consoles because I enjoy their IPs the most and for nostalgia. If they ended up going software-only then their games would probably end up declining in quality. I'd possibly buy one of the other consoles cheap second-hand but I wouldnt pay £300+ for a console I will only use for a few games. Unlike most on here I dont really play games religiously (besides Zelda and a couple of other games).

#17 DannyDirnt

DannyDirnt

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokémon, Mario, Rayman and Green Day

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:42 AM

I'd move to Sony but there would be really few games that I'd really want tbh.

#18 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:46 AM

I'd just continue gaming on other platforms. Why isn't there an option for all of the above? It implies that you have to be a fanboy and move exclusively to one.

I was thinking that but then I forgot. :P Besides, next gen consoles will be expensive.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#19 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:05 AM

dude, sony has more financial issues to fight than ninty, so im not worried about them dieing off. but i expect this generation to be even longer than the last.

#20 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:16 AM

I find it kind of funny how no one voted Micros$oft so far. The point is I cant see this being Nintendo's last system but in a make believe situation I would give up gaming and go to college so I can redeem fantasy gaming.

I think it probably will be their last console, not because I think they'll drop out of the industry, but because I think the idea of traditional "game consoles" is going to be phased out over the course of the 8th gen and going into the 9th gen. Hardware is likely going to become a lot more open, more customisable and such, so it'll be interesting to see how Nintendo adapts to that.

But if they did drop out of the industry all together, I don't think much would change for me. I already use the PC as my main platform, PlayStation for most multiplats, and Xbox for the few good MS exclusives.

I certainly hope not Deadly. Of course I can't see how a telephone or something with a phones OS can kill a gaming system.

Signature_DK.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!