Photo

Wii U isn't doomed but it seems to be in trouble.

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:29 AM

I'm not going to go as far to say the Wii U is doomed.... But it's not looking good right now. I've been defending the console but Nintendo lack of caring(it seems) is scaring me a bit. Either they are overly confident that what they have lined up for the next couple months will blow our socks off... Or they are behind close door in panic mode. Man e3 can't come soon enough. Sink or swim?

#2 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:34 AM

POPULAR

seems doomed to me.

It fits the criteria:

1. it's nintendo

2. it's new

3. people keep posting it's doomed on internet message boards

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#3 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:41 AM

Well I'm being serious here. I know intendo faithful(I would consider myself one) seem to think they can make it through anything. But the little things are adding up to make it seem a lot worse. Somewhat slow OS with system lockups happening all over the place, no hype for the system, developers questioning the system capabilities, lack of third party games announced, third party games that are announced isn't getting the same content and lack DLC that other versions are getting, 3 US retailers have discounted the system in the last week, and last but not least just nintendo's lack of caring it seems. They aren't saying much.... Is that a good or bad sign?

Edited by GAMER1984, 22 March 2013 - 07:42 AM.

#4 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:33 AM

None of us are physics, so we can't tell. The system hasn't been out long at all. This thready has been made about 100 times since the launch of the system. I'm willing to bet post E3 and into this years holiday season peoples tune will change.

Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#5 PyroKinesis

PyroKinesis

Boo

• Members
  • 534 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Party, Animal Crossing

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:54 AM

E3 is going to be fantastic. They could announce Halo 5 to be a Wii U exclusive and people will still say the console is doomed. :laugh:

#6 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:59 AM

They have a lot of work to do

#7 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:05 AM

I somewhat agree, Nintendo has been too quite about the Wii U lately, i know Nintendo has big things in store for E3 but i think they should reveal at least a few of them before then to keep people interested.

#8 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:27 AM

Well I'm being serious here. I know intendo faithful(I would consider myself one) seem to think they can make it through anything. But the little things are adding up to make it seem a lot worse. Somewhat slow OS with system lockups happening all over the place, no hype for the system, developers questioning the system capabilities, lack of third party games announced, third party games that are announced isn't getting the same content and lack DLC that other versions are getting, 3 US retailers have discounted the system in the last week, and last but not least just nintendo's lack of caring it seems. They aren't saying much.... Is that a good or bad sign?

I don't care if Nintendo lose money or anything like that.

If they give me yoshi's epic yarn, mario, and smash bros. I'll buy them and enjoy them so long as they're as good or better than the last instalments in those series.

I bought the wii u for those games, knowing full well nintendo would make them, along with others I might be interested in later.

Though the yoshi game was a nice surprise.

The os isn't slow to me, I've had like 1 lockup, hype is what idiots do, developers who want big cpu and gpu are usually just too stupid to use the stuff in front of them properly to make their idea work well - they use power as a crutch, business decisions have always been not good on nintendo consoles.

Will I question nintendo's ability to market the console and talk to third parties to get them to stop being stupid?

Absolutely.

But the console itself is good to me, it offers me what I want as myself me Nollog the person myself is.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#9 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:45 AM

I don't care if Nintendo lose money or anything like that.
If they give me yoshi's epic yarn, mario, and smash bros. I'll buy them and enjoy them so long as they're as good or better than the last instalments in those series.
I bought the wii u for those games, knowing full well nintendo would make them, along with others I might be interested in later.
Though the yoshi game was a nice surprise.

The os isn't slow to me, I've had like 1 lockup, hype is what idiots do, developers who want big cpu and gpu are usually just too stupid to use the stuff in front of them properly to make their idea work well - they use power as a crutch, business decisions have always been not good on nintendo consoles.

Will I question nintendo's ability to market the console and talk to third parties to get them to stop being stupid?
Absolutely.
But the console itself is good to me, it offers me what I want as myself me Nollog the person myself is.

I'm assuming you either have a pic or plan on buying a ps4 or 720. Me myself I only buy Nintendo console. Do i have the money to buy another yes but will I no. I just can't justify it. I've heard from a lot of gamers that would love the option of Only buying one console. They don't have that option with Nintendo knowing most 3rd party game won't be present and if they are they will be gimped or missing things the other versions get. I never will think of doubting Nintendo 1st and 2nd party. They will always come through with great titles. The core gamers are just missing our from Nintendo right now. The relationship(which Nintendo said they were trying to fix with the wii u) is getting further and further apart.

Edited by GAMER1984, 22 March 2013 - 09:47 AM.

#10 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:54 AM

Well if you were being serious then you wouldn't have posted yet another doom and gloom thread when there are countless ones already.

#11 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:03 AM

Remember when the 3DS was doomed

goodtimes

794144.png?13383682

#12 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:08 AM

I'm assuming you either have a pic or plan on buying a ps4 or 720. Me myself I only buy Nintendo console. Do i have the money to buy another yes but will I no. I just can't justify it. I've heard from a lot of gamers that would love the option of Only buying one console. They don't have that option with Nintendo knowing most 3rd party game won't be present and if they are they will be gimped or missing things the other versions get. I never will think of doubting Nintendo 1st and 2nd party. They will always come through with great titles. The core gamers are just missing our from Nintendo right now. The relationship(which Nintendo said they were trying to fix with the wii u) is getting further and further apart.

Yep.

Any Nintendo fan who has enough money should have a PC to complement their Nintendo consoles.

They only cost like 400 or 500 euro, the price of a console these days and do so much more.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#13 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:32 AM

Yep.
Any Nintendo fan who has enough money should have a PC to complement their Nintendo consoles.
They only cost like 400 or 500 euro, the price of a console these days and do so much more.

Or any console really, Nintendo consoles are easily the best to have because of the games and unique options. the other consoles are just a sad excuse for a pc now.

Signature_Fox.png

#14 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:37 AM

Well if you were being serious then you wouldn't have posted yet another doom and gloom thread when there are countless ones already.

I wonder why?

#15 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • NNID:Happy_Monk
  • Fandom:
    Kirby + Dragonball mostly.

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:07 AM

It's like the economy, if people don't trust it, it will fail.

Nintendo needs to bring the trust back, that's the important thing here. People need to trust that Nintendo will make the Wii U a success, I for one do trust them.

If it's still not selling a year down the line, then we have a problem.

Edited by Happy Monk, 22 March 2013 - 11:08 AM.

Bring the noise.

#16 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:16 AM

Nintendo is always doomed. They're losing so much money. Oh wait, that's Sony, right?

#17 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:20 AM

It's like the economy, if people don't trust it, it will fail.
Nintendo needs to bring the trust back, that's the important thing here. People need to trust that Nintendo will make the Wii U a success, I for one do trust them.
If it's still not selling a year down the line, then we have a problem.

Yeah like I said it isn't doomed but trouble is there. I trust once big name games are revealed and launched the console will sell better. I trust it will get better 3rd party support than Wii did. We have two of the biggest 3rd party games coming this year(assassin creed 4 and watch dogs). My problem is the perception of the Wii U right now and Nintendo lack to seem to do anything about it. I remember vividly clear how the preception of the GameCube is what made it the sales failure it was. Again most people enjoyed the GameCube that had one and the games that it got. It had power, IMO a cool design, and decent third party support. resident evil 4 anyone... and look back on it sales and shake my head. Right now there is no hype for the system, there are issues with the platform os, games aren't being announced and developers don't seem to have the same hype and excitement that they have for the ps4. Nintendo needs to step out a little and let its developers share their excitement. We haven't heard one thing from Retro studios(western dev) about the hardware, what it can do and how excited they are for the platform. Why is that?

#18 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:12 PM

Wait till the PS4 gets released. You'll see real competition guys. Big games being released. Wait guys, wait. Time is the key. It's still launch window. What, were you guys expecting another Wii-like release with the console being sold out all the time?

Wow.

I'm holding my breath as well guys, don't think I'm absolutely blind, but I do believe that Nintendo, just like any other big company, knows what they're doing better than anyone of us.

Give it time :)

Edited by Alianjaro, 22 March 2013 - 04:13 PM.

Posted Image

#19 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:50 PM

Wait till the PS4 gets released. You'll see real competition guys. Big games being released. Wait guys, wait. Time is the key. It's still launch window. What, were you guys expecting another Wii-like release with the console being sold out all the time?

Wow.

I'm holding my breath as well guys, don't think I'm absolutely blind, but I do believe that Nintendo, just like any other big company, knows what they're doing better than anyone of us.

Give it time :)

That's what I like to see! B) Nintendo and us the fans will be in for some healthy competition when ps4 comes along. But we all know Nintendo is better lol :o  ( sony fans get at me)  B)

Signature_Fox.png

#20 emmonsh

emmonsh

Red Koopa Troopa

• Banned
  • 61 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:55 PM

not doomed or in trouble.  the wii u outsold both the 360 and ps3 combined in the first 6 weeks. after that and xmas took a dive but that happens with all new consoles. try finding a copy of monster hunter and lego. they sold out quick.  many great games coming.  forbes rates nintendo as the number 1 electronic co in the world. not sony, ms or even apple. nintendo is fine. only thing i wish is these topics to be doomed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!