#21 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, Kirby, DK

Posted 13 August 2011 - 08:00 AM

I hope the Wii U does well in the market. But then again, Nintendo tends to get lazy when their products are selling well...
If you try to fail and succeed, which have you done?

Posted Image

#22 giggity3000

giggity3000

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 07:05 AM

What. Nintendo games sell to the Nintendo fans. 3rd party games sell to everyone else because most will (should) have extra features and better graphics.

Yeah but the point is what if the 3rd parties fail at first then they completly stop making games on the console so once again people will switch consoles for different games and will end up like a wii with only 1st party master pieces that "Core" gamers don't and other garbage that no one likes.

1367065580450s.jpg

#23 abbe

abbe

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 07:48 AM

For all the naive people (and thats alot!), i think its pretty much about image. I dont really think nintendo helps the wiiU by making it seem casual and childish (plastic white and still having wii in the name, WII LOOKING CONSOLE?), why cant it have an cool image? (stylish black and awesome name etc?, i mean if nintendo doesnt launch some cool commercials, everyone expect nintyfans will believe its just an upgraded wii (like the ds to 3ds, everyone believes its an dsi with 3d). And guess what? Its almost too late (i believe), many people already believes that the wiiu is just and expansion controller for the wii (i didnt see a console in the e3 video :-/ )

I believe that nintendo believes that they cant woe the casual gamers if they make it look "hardcore", well i've seen/met a TON of casual xbox/ps3 gamers.

All this will maybe affect developers to not make games for the wiiu, like with the wii. But that can be helped if they wont make "another" wii just because it has wii in the name. Otherwise, thy will just pull another "3ds" in front of the naives (people that doesnt research about consoles)

Edited by abbe, 14 August 2011 - 07:54 AM.

#24 StreetPassWanter

StreetPassWanter

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 09:12 AM

I really don't think Wii U is being rejected. Just saying.
Posted Image

^CLICK RIGHT NOW TO FACE PURE AWESOMENESS (MAYBE)
@SSB4News <- Pure awesomeness is now on Twitter!

#25 Biohazard

Biohazard

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Gears of War, Killzone

Posted 14 August 2011 - 10:15 AM

For all the naive people (and thats alot!), i think its pretty much about image. I dont really think nintendo helps the wiiU by making it seem casual and childish (plastic white and still having wii in the name, WII LOOKING CONSOLE?), why cant it have an cool image? (stylish black and awesome name etc?, i mean if nintendo doesnt launch some cool commercials, everyone expect nintyfans will believe its just an upgraded wii (like the ds to 3ds, everyone believes its an dsi with 3d). And guess what? Its almost too late (i believe), many people already believes that the wiiu is just and expansion controller for the wii (i didnt see a console in the e3 video :-/ )

The plastic white design has a sleek and universal appeal, not "childish". The casual look helped the Wii shake off gamers' memories of the GameCube's "toyish" look, which made it easy for Nintendo market the console to a wide audience. Why abandon it with the Wii U? You seem to forget that Nintendo has always offered variety of colors with their consoles and handhelds, including the Wii. The Wii U will eventually have a black finish if the console stays throughout its lifespan.

As for the the Wii U, it has an all-new controller, and Nintendo plans to recapture the hardcore market that they have been criticized for abandoning throughout the Wii's lifespan. And, no, it's not too late! None of us know anything else beyond the controller. The console won't be released until after April 2012 (with Holidays being an ideal time), so Nintendo has plenty of time to market the console.

Edited by Biohazard, 14 August 2011 - 10:16 AM.

#26 abbe

abbe

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 11:07 AM

@Biohazard

I guess/hope your right, but i hope we will get a black version at launch, unlike wii. It came pretty much later on. ;)

#27 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 14 August 2011 - 11:24 AM

I really don't think Wii U is being rejected. Just saying.

Apparently you never read most gaming news sites. Everyone claims that it`s going to suck

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#28 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 14 August 2011 - 11:56 AM

Apparently you never read most gaming news sites. Everyone claims that it`s going to suck

Now that's not true.

Posted Image

#29 kaioslive09

kaioslive09

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Fandom:
    anything nintendo related

Posted 15 August 2011 - 02:38 PM

well i know for sure ima buy 3rd party games the first 3 games im geting at launch is that tekken succesor ghost recon online and batman arkham city these 3 are a must have for me. so i know i will support the 3rd and first party

I believe that nintendo believes that they cant woe the casual gamers if they make it look "hardcore", well i've seen/met a TON of casual xbox/ps3 gamers.

All this will maybe affect developers to not make games for the wiiu, like with the wii. But that can be helped if they wont make "another" wii just because it has wii in the name. Otherwise, thy will just pull another "3ds" in front of the naives (people that doesnt research about consoles)

well if u would have looked closely the console was at the bottom right coner of the E3 presentation video i guess u were js too hyped to see it down there.plus u could have done some research first after the presentation

#30 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 02:43 PM

-

Edited by BazzDropperz, 13 July 2014 - 11:50 PM.

#31 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 16 August 2011 - 03:00 PM

Wii U has what it takes to be a very successful systems. Let's just hope Nintendo manages this well.

Posted Image

#32 abbe

abbe

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 06:45 AM

@kaioslive09

Well of course i saw the console, but it looked exactly like a wii, i just mean that people that arent much into gaming will believe that its another wii, wii upgrade or an new controller for the wii.

The thing is that the whole e3 presentation was very confusing, i ve got plenty of people asking me if its a console or a controller.

What i was also trying to tell was that if nintendo doesnt tell people that its a brand new fresh console, people will ignore it at the beginning just like the 3ds,ps3 and xbox 360<----Notice! At the names of these consoles, they seem like just an upgrade Of previous generation, right?

NOW notice the name difference between gamecube and wii. Wii was from gamecube, something new and fresh, and it sold like ****!

#33 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 17 August 2011 - 07:24 AM

@kaioslive09

Well of course i saw the console, but it looked exactly like a wii, i just mean that people that arent much into gaming will believe that its another wii, wii upgrade or an new controller for the wii.

The thing is that the whole e3 presentation was very confusing, i ve got plenty of people asking me if its a console or a controller.

What i was also trying to tell was that if nintendo doesnt tell people that its a brand new fresh console, people will ignore it at the beginning just like the 3ds,ps3 and xbox 360<----Notice! At the names of these consoles, they seem like just an upgrade Of previous generation, right?

NOW notice the name difference between gamecube and wii. Wii was from gamecube, something new and fresh, and it sold like****!

The name does help, but it isn't the sole root of all sales.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#34 Jabob

Jabob

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 01:08 AM

Nintendo are very smart, the 3DS launch wasn't Nintendo's fault. You can't blame Nintendo for third parties making crap games can you? Okay, maybe Nintendo could have delayed release a few months to get some more games, but in reality, it's the third party developers fault. With the Wii U, the games look a lot better and they look like third parties are really putting their best into it. The Wii U will launch well and will once again dominate this generation.

#35 Dementis

Dementis

Blooper

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid

Posted 19 August 2011 - 01:04 AM

Yeah but the point is what if the 3rd parties fail at first then they completly stop making games on the console so once again people will switch consoles for different games and will end up like a wii with only 1st party master pieces that "Core" gamers don't and other garbage that no one likes.

Ever heard of dudebro? They're people who buy games solely on popularity or graphics. 3rd parties will appeal to them. And say, for example, you could use the Wii Zapper with the Wii U remote as a scope, that'd put you at an advantage in games like COD, and loads of people will eat it up for that sole reason.

And do you know how many people are massive fans of Nintendo games but don't own a Nintendo console for the fact that they can't afford to own 2 consoles and that the PS3 and 360 have more and better third party games? Loads. And if they can get all the first party Nintendo games and all the great third party games on one console it will do brilliantly.

#36 hooky

hooky

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 06:31 PM

I'm just going to say, black seems to be the new white.

#37 bloop2424

bloop2424

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 11:19 AM

Nintendo has the potential to go far with the Wii U

I feel Nintendo should directly address the haters stating how different this is from the Wii because they are comparing 2 things that are not meant to be compared.
Posted Image
Click my license if you would like some shiny nickles.

#38 3DS Strider

3DS Strider

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 103 posts
  • Fandom:
    Retrogames,Tokusatsu,Transformers

Posted 24 August 2011 - 04:12 PM

it sold like ****!

Actually it sold well.
Seriously, who wants to buy ****?
Also on 3DS Forums and Racketboy. I am not an iodit.

#39 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 24 August 2011 - 05:23 PM

Actually it sold well.
Seriously, who wants to buy ****?

He means **** sells.
Also, don't try to bypass the word filter.
It makes this site dirty.

Seriously, I'd rather this site have an army of Barkis' than become dirty.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#40 3DS Strider

3DS Strider

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 103 posts
  • Fandom:
    Retrogames,Tokusatsu,Transformers

Posted 25 August 2011 - 04:01 PM

He means **** sells.
Also, don't try to bypass the word filter.
It makes this site dirty.

Seriously, I'd rather this site have an army of Barkis' than become dirty.

1. I like barkis. His insane ramblings are hilarious.
2. I just wanted everone to know which word I meant and not think it was another "nasty word".

Edited by 3DS Strider, 25 August 2011 - 04:02 PM.

Also on 3DS Forums and Racketboy. I am not an iodit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!