Piano playing Gamer

• Members
  • 1,533 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Bastion BioShock

Posted 24 October 2011 - 06:09 PM

TWO WORDS... KINGDOM HEARTS
Posted Image

That won't satisfy everyone's tases :P (Not saying it wouldn't satisfy mine)

#43 CBNS

CBNS

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 12:56 PM

"Wii" seems to be like "i" in apple products. Lots of my customers keep asking me when new Wii is coming and not when new Nintendo is out.

Nintendo already owns almost all handheld system sales in my country and even when prices of Nintendo DSi XL and 3DS is almost same it seems that they both sell as much. It tells that there is not enough good games to buy 3DS for casual players this moment, but i'm quite sure that situation chances when Super Mario Land 3D is out.

There will be a big difference between 3DS and WiiU third party launch games because WiiU games will be big budget multiplatform games with new control solutions which keeps owners of other manufacturers platforms interested. For 3DS's there was actually few good games like SFIV, DOA, Rayman and Samurai Warriors but those overpriced iphone showelvare games like monkey ball & asphalt just made whole launch line-up look crappy.

#44 Marc

Marc

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • Fandom:
    Resident Evil, Zelda, Metroid, Mario

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:28 AM

ALL IN ALL...it is way too early to speculate on whether the Wii U is gonna slip through the fingers of a great opportunity.

I think Nintendo will make a grand job of it's release, no matter what expectations end up becoming reality (regarding third party support). From all the lessons learnt as an 'independent' [important] video games hardware/software developer over the years (not too mention the monitoring throughout the whole of the HD generation so far), it will be tasteful and will make every opportunity in their advantage. Innovation has proven to work out very well. Unlike the 3DS however, Nintendo won't focus the brand really heavily on just one innovative feature that will actually have anything to do with playing the games.

I can see them going the same route as Apple have many times before, and introduced things that are so well designed, people will ignore that it has been done before WHILST they also bring another new dimension to playing home video games. To say the Wii U's been rejected already is just not right.

Edited by Marc, 31 October 2011 - 07:29 AM.

BANGIN!

My body is ready. ^_^

#45 EuroShino

EuroShino

Spiked Goomba

• Validating
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 08:04 PM

For me personally Ghost Recon Online is the start of some great FPS titles to be lined up because I am sure Call of Duty and Battlefield titles will follow. Now why would I play Battlefield on the Wii-U rather than my Xbox 360? Because of the 1080p, better FPS so I can play my FPS games the way they were meant to be played.

Nintendo has the best classics, of course the Wii could not get games like Mass Effect. The Wii-U however will have those amazing Nintendo classics like Zelda and Mario and those great hits that have or will come out on the Xbox 360 and PS3. What will the other consoles have left? Sure Uncharted is great, good for Sony. Microsoft just has Halo. Nintendo will come out on top here if they play their cards right.

They are also making the right move by releasing the Wii-U before the 'Xbox 720' and 'PS4' they are pulling off what Microsoft did with the Xbox 360. The Xbox 360 was awful when it was first released, the RRoD killed the console yet people stuck with Microsoft instead of the PS3 because they had already bought the Xbox 360 first. By the time the Microsoft and Sony join the next generation majority of gamers will already own a Wii-U.

On a side-note, I hope the 3DS can do some cool things with the Wii-U. Like how I used my Gameboy Advance SP to play Final Fantasy on GC with my friends. And they need to release an MMO, or something like Phantasy Star Online again. Something to make it unique, Microsoft is being lame when it comes to MMOs. Sony is giving FFXIV a chance. Nintendo better grab some sort of MMO.

Edited by EuroShino, 31 October 2011 - 08:09 PM.

#46 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 03 November 2011 - 01:05 PM

i agree people must buy third party games for wii u so that they keep being developed. but its not as bad as you think. personally i will not buy any third party games on xbox that are also coming to wii u. i would rather wait and help nintendo than be too impatient and get them now. either way lets imagine half the amount of people that bought the wii, will buy the wii u. in that case you have 40 million people with a wii u. im sure lots of those people will want the third party games. also i recently opened a topic called "what you know you will buy" and i agree there are many here who are only interested in first party games but also many of us who are getting batman arkham city and ghost recon online etc. another point is that people will buy a good console even if they spend lots of time bashing it. people will attack and attack, but when their one nintendo fan friend buys the wii u and they go to his house and see it, they will be amazed regardless of the name. they will ask, is gta 5 coming to this console? and the owner will probably say yes. at that time the previously ps360 fan boy will want the better console and end up getting themselves a wii u for the third party games they are used to seeing on ps360.
Posted Image

#47 Katana

Katana

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Kart 7.

Posted 03 November 2011 - 02:18 PM

Batman Arkham City will be the first game I buy for it (thats if its a release title)
http://www.play.com/Games/Wii/4-/20429723/Batman-Arkham-City/Product.html?searchstring=Batman%20Arkham%20City&searchtype=allproducts&searchsource=0&source=9593&_$ja=tsid:11853%7Cprd:78888&urlrefer=search

Edited by Katana, 03 November 2011 - 02:20 PM.

Posted Image
Want to race me...??? Just ask for an add...

#48 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 12 November 2011 - 11:50 AM

For me personally Ghost Recon Online is the start of some great FPS titles to be lined up because I am sure Call of Duty and Battlefield titles will follow. Now why would I play Battlefield on the Wii-U rather than my Xbox 360? Because of the 1080p, better FPS so I can play my FPS games the way they were meant to be played.

Nintendo has the best classics, of course the Wii could not get games like Mass Effect. The Wii-U however will have those amazing Nintendo classics like Zelda and Mario and those great hits that have or will come out on the Xbox 360 and PS3. What will the other consoles have left? Sure Uncharted is great, good for Sony. Microsoft just has Halo. Nintendo will come out on top here if they play their cards right.

They are also making the right move by releasing the Wii-U before the 'Xbox 720' and 'PS4' they are pulling off what Microsoft did with the Xbox 360. The Xbox 360 was awful when it was first released, the RRoD killed the console yet people stuck with Microsoft instead of the PS3 because they had already bought the Xbox 360 first. By the time the Microsoft and Sony join the next generation majority of gamers will already own a Wii-U.

On a side-note, I hope the 3DS can do some cool things with the Wii-U. Like how I used my Gameboy Advance SP to play Final Fantasy on GC with my friends. And they need to release an MMO, or something like Phantasy Star Online again. Something to make it unique, Microsoft is being lame when it comes to MMOs. Sony is giving FFXIV a chance. Nintendo better grab some sort of MMO.

Actually, there is a MMO coming out...Dragon Quest X. :)

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#49 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 02:27 AM

"Wii" seems to be like "i" in apple products. Lots of my customers keep asking me when new Wii is coming and not when new Nintendo is out.

Nintendo already owns almost all handheld system sales in my country and even when prices of Nintendo DSi XL and 3DS is almost same it seems that they both sell as much. It tells that there is not enough good games to buy 3DS for casual players this moment, but i'm quite sure that situation chances when Super Mario Land 3D is out.

There will be a big difference between 3DS and WiiU third party launch games because WiiU games will be big budget multiplatform games with new control solutions which keeps owners of other manufacturers platforms interested. For 3DS's there was actually few good games like SFIV, DOA, Rayman and Samurai Warriors but those overpriced iphone showelvare games like monkey ball & asphalt just made whole launch line-up look crappy.

Casual gamers don't buy gaming handhelds.

#50 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 25 November 2011 - 06:50 AM

Casual gamers don't buy gaming handhelds.

Then Explain the DS

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#51 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 25 November 2011 - 06:53 AM

"Casual Gamers" still buy handhelds, but cell phone games are getting there attention this time around but this could change if the games that are targeted at them that will be on the 3ds could change that.

Edited by Caius, 25 November 2011 - 06:55 AM.

Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#52 Anon_Fire

Anon_Fire

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 08:13 PM

I don't see the Wii U being rejected, just wait until E3 2012.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!