83 replies to this topic

#1 Scooter_Johnson

Scooter_Johnson

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • NNID:Scooter_Johnson

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:49 AM

for the gamers that have the current title is the game , good, rewarding or short

would like to know your opionions before picking game up

#2 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:57 AM

I've played about 30 minutes worth so far and this is the first Lego game since Lego Batman that I've actually started to enjoy. Think a better version of Lego Batman 2. Wait, no, that would be an understatement.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#3 Scooter_Johnson

Scooter_Johnson

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:15 AM

thanks and is the price worth it or is it better picking it up preowned

#4 currysonic

currysonic

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:17 AM

To be honest, I really quite enjoy the Lego Games. I played the Harry Potter and Pirates of the Caribbean on OnLive, they were a blast! I was also extremely suprised at how lego could look so good graphics wise lol! I was alwase a skeptic of lego games until then. However while I do enjoy them, the games never really held my interest and so I stopped after playing a few hours. Thats probably going to be the case with this game too and that is simply because of personal taste although I would admit all the lego games I "sampled" were great.

I feel almost bad about not getting this one. It looked like they put alot of detail and effort into their first non-movie spin off lego game, and in addition they made it into a Wii U exclusive (for now). Yet I ended up spending money on what basically is a rehash of a wii game (Monster Hunter) hahaha. 

Edited by currysonic, 23 March 2013 - 06:23 AM.

#5 binx

binx

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:39 AM

I think its fun and funny if you listen to what the people have to say.  The gameplay is good and works well with the gamepad. This and NSMBU are the best games out. I didnt like any other of Lego games and was skeptical but I am enjoying this one.
Pros: Great dialog
      Tons to do
      Missions are fun
      Freeroaming is rewarding
      Gamepad controls work well

Cons: Long loading times
      Framerate drops are noticable
      Graphics are not as polished as it should be
      No multiplayer

All in all I would give it a solid 8/10. It is a good game with the only real detractors being graphics and loading times.  You will forget about these when you get into the game and play for a bit.  The dialog alone is worth the price of admission, I find myself continuing playing to hear what they are going to say next. "Chase, you need to access the compuper". The references are subtley adult but not to advanced for kids. I wish there was online co-op like a crackdown sort of way. Would have been a great addition, but all in all a solid game for a system that is floundering in the software department. Lets hope this is how the rest of the games fare from here on out.      
Wii U: Riotfunk

#6 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:39 AM

I've played it for around 3-4 hours so far. I'm loving the jokes ( even the cheesy jokes make me grin a little), and the references to media. The gameplay feels very fresh from the other Lego games ( likely due to the fact that I haven't played one since the first Lego Batman), especially with the open world. There is a ton of content, I'm currently at 2.7%, so the devs weren't lying when they said this could take 40-50 hours to beat 100%. The loading times are annoying, but they don't appear too often. I haven't experienced any framerate drops ( or I just haven't noticed one).

I'd say it's certainly worth the price, I'd give it around an 8.5 to a 9.

#7 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:15 PM

WARNING IGNORANT!!!!!

Don't buy it, it's a lego game.

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#8 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:25 PM

Don't get the staggered release dates,England don't get this until the 28th for some reason.

Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#9 nothinglost

nothinglost

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:45 PM

The game is great!!!

It has a HUGE open world and it plays very similar to GTA 3 & Vice City.

I would pick it up if I were you.

Totally worth the price.

#10 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:50 PM

I played it at a friends house, I'm not a fan of Lego games except Lego Batman 2 which had my favorite voice actors, Lego City is really good. Young and old, i really love the oldschool movie references.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#11 itsdavebaby

itsdavebaby

Blooper

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • Fandom:
    Futurama

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:53 PM

Like nothinglost said but for kids. I think it's an okay game, but if you haven't played a LEGO game or you're not into them it's not a good pick-up.

It has a HUGE open world and it plays very similar to GTA 3 & Vice City.

#12 Falconberg

Falconberg

Spiny

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:45 AM

I'm really enjoying this game. Even my wife, who hates video games is living watching me play. This is definitely a long game, especially if you're going for all the collectibles. Possibly over a hundred hours is what I've heard, which, given the size of the world, doesn't surprise me.
Worth every dollar as far as I'm concerned.
-falconberg (Nintendo Network ID)

#13 Scooter_Johnson

Scooter_Johnson

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:47 AM

thanks guys and girls will pick it up after launch

#14 bigbadwolfe911

bigbadwolfe911

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Fandom:
    Earthbound

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:07 AM

Great game it's fun to watch and to play! So much to explore and to do I will easily get 60 hours out of this game. Get it!

#15 SoldMyWiiU

SoldMyWiiU

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:38 AM

I'm waiting for it to come out in Australia.

It's a must buy for me, even though i have never played a lego game before.

#16 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:04 AM

I hate lego games.

They are charming, and the take on the movies are amusing...

But as a game they practically play themselves. They are boring and monotonous and barely a step above the likes of farmville to me.

This.... Is unlike any lego game i have ever played, its not limited to one series, making plays on countless 80's movies non stop...

And its gameplay is.... Good. Great. Its varied, wonderfully designed and exploration rewardation focused....

This game is good. Not good for a lego game. Quantifier free. The game is good.

I judged this game on the merits of its predecessors before. I was wrong. Its that much better than any other lego game.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#17 nothinglost

nothinglost

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:21 AM

Like nothinglost said but for kids. I think it's an okay game, but if you haven't played a LEGO game or you're not into them it's not a good pick-up.

Yup, it's definitely a "kid friendly" version of GTA but that being said, it isn't just for Kids. It's simply a game for all ages.

I'm 31 and our daughter is 4 and we both love it for totally different reasons.

The other night we had friends over and we all played together (4 year old and 4 30+ year olds) and we all had a blast.

#18 Goodtwin

Goodtwin

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:06 AM

Yup, it's definitely a "kid friendly" version of GTA but that being said, it isn't just for Kids. It's simply a game for all ages.

I'm 31 and our daughter is 4 and we both love it for totally different reasons.

The other night we had friends over and we all played together (4 year old and 4 30+ year olds) and we all had a blast.

Exactly, this is a game with tons of humor that will appeal to adults.  Its a game for anyone and everyone.  Its not going to challenge older gamers, but its a fantastic world to explore.  Its kind of refreshing playing a game that doesnt increase you blood pressure and is simply fun to cruise around and explore.  Missions have all been fun so far.  The story is fun, its not deep, but it doesnt really need to be.  This is a Lego game that appeals to everyone in a Mario sort of way.  I dont know if this is the best Wii U game out right now, but its definately in my top 3 no question. 

Edited by Goodtwin, 25 March 2013 - 11:06 AM.

#19 nothinglost

nothinglost

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:21 PM

^^^ Nicely said Goodtwin.

It's definitely hard to explain the game to someone if they haven't played either a previous GTA or any of the previous Lego games because it's basically a very good blend of both of those styles.

I can't wait to explore more of the world tonight.

#20 Alii

Alii

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 104 posts
  • NNID:zangoose
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing / Kirby / Pokemon

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:05 PM

Never played a Lego game before,

Maybe i'll get this once i finish MH3U

small_zpsfe204a57.jpg