83 replies to this topic

#41 Scooter_Johnson

Scooter_Johnson

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • NNID:Scooter_Johnson

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:35 PM

had 10 minutes on the game and its brillant, luv the comedy bits, shame about the one minute load times

whats the main computer about with the codes..are there cheats in the game ??

#42 Repsys7

Repsys7

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:07 AM

Why is this downloading so slow, 55% and it says 28 hours left and its been on for about 10-15 at least, I have normal decent internet why is my wii u so horsing slow not happy.

#43 backudog

backudog

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • NNID:backudog

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:56 AM

had 10 minutes on the game and its brillant, luv the comedy bits, shame about the one minute load times

whats the main computer about with the codes..are there cheats in the game ??

See here..http://thewiiu.com/t...ego-city-codes/

I hear voices in my head all the time, telling me what to do. But I just ignore them and carry on killing.

#44 DanJiblets

DanJiblets

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Halo

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:31 PM

Why is this downloading so slow, 55% and it says 28 hours left and its been on for about 10-15 at least, I have normal decent internet why is my wii u so horsing slow not happy.

Would've been quicker to crawl to the store and do cartwheels on the way back.

#45 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:01 AM

That's typical of downloads on the Wii U. You better get use to it.

#46 nothinglost

nothinglost

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:08 AM

^^^ I honestly think that is specifically an internet speed connection issue.

I have never had any issues with Downloads on my Wii U.

When everyone was saying the System Updates were taking them hours and hours and hours it only took my console about 45 minutes to download and then 10 minutes to Install. So my hypothesis is that it isn't an issue with the console itself but rather an issue with how many pipes are open on your network and how much bandwidth your router is giving the Wii U.

Just my two cents. ;)

#47 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:24 AM

^^^ I honestly think that is specifically an internet speed connection issue.

I have never had any issues with Downloads on my Wii U.

When everyone was saying the System Updates were taking them hours and hours and hours it only took my console about 45 minutes to download and then 10 minutes to Install. So my hypothesis is that it isn't an issue with the console itself but rather an issue with how many pipes are open on your network and how much bandwidth your router is giving the Wii U.

Just my two cents. ;)

No its not. I don't have the same issue on my 3DS, PS Vita, iPhone or iPad. Even when I had my PS3 and Xbox 360 on wireless they were a lot faster with downloads. The download speeds on the Wii U are totally unacceptable. Fortunately I have no intention of downloading full retail games and even digital only games except for the odd one. The only things I do download are demos and the firmware updates.

Edited by Gamejunkie, 02 April 2013 - 07:25 AM.

#48 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:05 AM

No its not. I don't have the same issue on my 3DS, PS Vita, iPhone or iPad. Even when I had my PS3 and Xbox 360 on wireless they were a lot faster with downloads. The download speeds on the Wii U are totally unacceptable. Fortunately I have no intention of downloading full retail games and even digital only games except for the odd one. The only things I do download are demos and the firmware updates.

I haven't had those types of issues yet, but I hope that they do something for the people who are experiencing issues with the download speeds.  I don't think it's the hardware itself, but the backend network within the Nintendo Network itself that is the bottleneck, they haven't had too much of a chance until recently to load test and balance the network, that takes time and users.

#49 nothinglost

nothinglost

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:37 AM

Hmmm.... I have no idea then man.

That just sucks that it's only on your Wii U.

#50 Scooter_Johnson

Scooter_Johnson

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:56 AM

See here..http://thewiiu.com/t...ego-city-codes/

cheers gamer

the only thing missing from this game is online freeroam as that be be a blast

#51 BobbyRiddle

BobbyRiddle

Thwomp

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:05 AM

I don't get it either.  The only full retail download that I've done was Darksiders 2, and it downloaded in 5-6 hours.  The last download I did for my PS3 was AC 3 and that took 18 hours.

Currently playing: AC 3, ZombiU, BLOPS 2, Nintendoland, NSMBU, Nano Assault Neo, Halo 4, Darksiders 2, and Far Cry 3

Wii U ID------BeMore

#52 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:58 AM

To be honest I'm not really bothered anymore. Its is the way it is. The Wii U isn't and never will be my primary console and I will just live with the slow downloads for demos and firmware updates.

#53 nothinglost

nothinglost

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:49 AM

^^ Well as long as you're not gonna go and trade in the console just because of slow DL speeds or some crap. 

I'm sure that if this is a widespread problem that Nintendo will eventually patch the issue. (Eventually being the key word here)

#54 Ashurii

Ashurii

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:53 PM

How many chapters are in it? I am like ch 6 I think 

Jontron.jpg

#55 backudog

backudog

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • NNID:backudog

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:22 PM

How many chapters are in it? I am like ch 6 I think 

I think there's 15 maybe 16, but of course you can go back afterwards to any level to get any collectables you may have missed too.
I hear voices in my head all the time, telling me what to do. But I just ignore them and carry on killing.

#56 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:27 PM

I think there's 15 maybe 16, but of course you can go back afterwards to any level to get any collectables you may have missed too.

Yep, 15 i think too. City is fun exploring, I could spend hours just messing around  :D

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#57 Scooter_Johnson

Scooter_Johnson

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:19 AM

yes you can reply the missons so lets say you miss out on a few collectables then you can go back and get them and unlock extras

#58 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:42 AM

Yep, 15 i think too. City is fun exploring, I could spend hours just messing around  :D

I kept getting sidetracked yesterday on the way to the missions, any time I saw a blue and white ledge or something I had to stop and see where it lead.

#59 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:45 AM

I kept getting sidetracked yesterday on the way to the missions, any time I saw a blue and white ledge or something I had to stop and see where it lead.

I just like driving around the police car, turning on the light/siren and creating havoc... lol. Yea, I tend to get sidetracked as well and don't always appear on scene on time... I am a bad cop...  :laugh:

Edited by Sorceror12, 04 April 2013 - 07:45 AM.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#60 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:35 AM

I'm having a blast with it so far. The open world fits the game so well, the graphics are colorful, collectibles are addicting, and the story and humor are top notch, TT games did good.

794144.png?13383682

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!