Photo

Super Mario Bros. 3 or Super Mario World.

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Poll: SMB 3 OR SMW (18 member(s) have cast votes)

SMB 3 OR SMW

1. SMB 3 (5 votes [27.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.78%

2. SMW (13 votes [72.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 72.22%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 A-Leal

A-Leal

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • NNID:A-Leal

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:12 AM

Which one do you prefer and why? For me I prefer SMW, I thought the layouts of the levels were better and we were introduced to Yoshi.. SMB 3 is awesome as well, a more challenging game, and tons of levels to explore. Which game do you prefer and why?

A-Leal.png Nintendo Network ID: A-Leal 

#2 NegaScott128

NegaScott128

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:13 AM

SMB3.

#3 GhostDrive

GhostDrive

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:21 AM

I don't know how to explain it, but to me SMW is just one of my all time favorites. It also introduced Yoshi, which I love to death. I love the fact that Mario can spin on top of enemies, the different type of Yoshis, and DAT CASTLE THEME MUSIC.

#4 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:45 AM

SMB3 because SMW for some reason always looked like Mario was doing a Nazi saute when he entered the next level, and that never sat right with me

#5 ode.111

ode.111

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Fandom:
    Gamecenter CX, Metroid Prime, Diablo II

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:47 AM

I used to own SMB3 'till lent it to a friend and never got it back. Music, level design and the difficulty were great.

#6 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:18 AM

I haven't played either but SMW looks more intriguing.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#7 A-Leal

A-Leal

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:33 AM

I highly recommend both. You can play both on Wii U! (Via Wii's VC) SMW holds a special place in my heart because it came with my SNES, and I spent years on that game.

I used to own SMB3 'till lent it to a friend and never got it back. Music, level design and the difficulty were great.

Time to track him down! Boba Fett style!

I don't know how to explain it, but to me SMW is just one of my all time favorites. It also introduced Yoshi, which I love to death. I love the fact that Mario can spin on top of enemies, the different type of Yoshis, and DAT CASTLE THEME MUSIC.

I agree, it's pure magic! SMW title screen music is my ringtone! So much awesome in SMW.. SMB3 has awesome content as well, but SMW brings it to a whole other level!

#8 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:34 AM

I highly recommend both. You can play both on Wii U! (Via Wii's VC) SMW holds a special place in my heart because it came with my SNES, and I spent years on that game.

Time to track him down! Boba Fett style!

I agree, it's pure magic! SMW title screen music is my ringtone! So much awesome in SMW.. SMB3 has awesome content as well, but SMW brings it to a whole other level!

I'll wait until it comes to the proper Wii U Virtual Console.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#9 A-Leal

A-Leal

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:42 AM

I'll wait until it comes to the proper Wii U Virtual Console.

Same here, I have them both because I had them on my old Wii I transferred them to my Wii-U! I'll get them again on Wii VC because the Wii-U VC releases work so well on the gamepad! :D

#10 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:43 AM

I would say Super Mario World by far is the better of the two.

#11 A-Leal

A-Leal

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:51 AM

I would say Super Mario World by far is the better of the two.

I agree, but what about the SMB3 All-stars version, does it hold up better compared to SMW?

#12 Fig

Fig

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Fandom:
    Miyamoto franchises

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:44 AM

Both games are required to pass Nintendo Fandom 101, NintyFan101!! Check them out on the VC.

I prefer SMB 3.

#13 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:42 PM

Both games are required to pass Nintendo Fandom 101, NintyFan101!! Check them out on the VC.

I prefer SMB 3.

Hahaha!

#14 A-Leal

A-Leal

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:23 PM

I prefer SMB 3.

Agreed both games are huge milestones in Mario's fantastic career.

#15 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:34 PM

SMW is 80% of my childhood. It's the best game ever and it made me who I am. It introduced me to gaming. It's pure brilliance, I love nothing more on this planet. It's my heart and soul.

And yes I'm serious. SMB3 is a classic too tho..
No sig.

#16 8BitDisaster

8BitDisaster

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Fandom:
    Inu-Yasha, DaH, LSOH, Mega Man, Mario

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:17 PM

Super Mario World just looks super beautiful! It sure is a good game too. Yet, I think Super Mario Bros. 3 is a challenge and it looks alright.

I'm going to have to go with Super Mario Bros. 3.

It is a extraordinary game. The worlds make me feel like I'm somewhere else and I'm sure that's the purpose. It gives a taste. The big world is just awesome! It's a un-forgetting world! The challenge it gives is worthy. It has tons of difficulty in the way and sometimes puzzles to solve. Like the one where you must make a turtle shell break all the bricks in front of the pipe in world two? Amazing! Also the moving levels are pretty difficult. Like the one in the clouds! I had a pretty difficult time with that level. Also the ships! It's a race in a way! So many things on a screen and so much dodging! It's a wreck! The game is pretty much a HUGE challenge that may require one sitting since the lack of saving! Atleast if you were playing it on your Nintendo Entertainment System.  It's such a challenge it came with the Nintendo Entertainment System Challenge set! It was also in the movie The Wizard! A movie basically advertising that one game! That clearly shows it is a great game. I also got to mention the power ups! Yes, you got the classic mushroom and fire flower but then you got some like the leaf and the Tanooki suit! Yes, maybe Super Mario World has the feather but Super Mario Bros. 3 also has the Hammer Bros. suit. Being one of the most hated enemies in the game? AWESOME! Also the frog suit is cool and who doesn't love the boot. It's kind of like a Yoshi in a way (Except it isn't cute).

But yet again, I really haven't played Super Mario World much yet beat it.

Oh well...

scanty_and_kneesocks_transform_by_tdi_gw

Steam - 8BitDisaster

Tumblr - 8BitDisaster

#17 A-Leal

A-Leal

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:02 PM

SMW is 80% of my childhood. It's the best game ever and it made me who I am. It introduced me to gaming. It's pure brilliance, I love nothing more on this planet. It's my heart and soul.

And yes I'm serious. SMB3 is a classic too tho..

I agree, SMW was one of the games that introduced me into gaming, I was very young when I got a SNES+SMW, I believe I was 4 years old.

Super Mario World just looks super beautiful! It sure is a good game too. Yet, I think Super Mario Bros. 3 is a challenge and it looks alright.

I'm going to have to go with Super Mario Bros. 3.

It is a extraordinary game. The worlds make me feel like I'm somewhere else and I'm sure that's the purpose. It gives a taste. The big world is just awesome! It's a un-forgetting world! The challenge it gives is worthy. It has tons of difficulty in the way and sometimes puzzles to solve. Like the one where you must make a turtle shell break all the bricks in front of the pipe in world two? Amazing! Also the moving levels are pretty difficult. Like the one in the clouds! I had a pretty difficult time with that level. Also the ships! It's a race in a way! So many things on a screen and so much dodging! It's a wreck! The game is pretty much a HUGE challenge that may require one sitting since the lack of saving! Atleast if you were playing it on your Nintendo Entertainment System.  It's such a challenge it came with the Nintendo Entertainment System Challenge set! It was also in the movie The Wizard! A movie basically advertising that one game! That clearly shows it is a great game. I also got to mention the power ups! Yes, you got the classic mushroom and fire flower but then you got some like the leaf and the Tanooki suit! Yes, maybe Super Mario World has the feather but Super Mario Bros. 3 also has the Hammer Bros. suit. Being one of the most hated enemies in the game? AWESOME! Also the frog suit is cool and who doesn't love the boot. It's kind of like a Yoshi in a way (Except it isn't cute).

But yet again, I really haven't played Super Mario World much yet beat it.

Oh well...

Wonderful post there bud, I agree with how ground breaking SMB3 is. And I know it had a HUGE impact on the industry, and yes the Tanooki suit is awesome. I played SMB3 after SMW. SMB3 does feel really excellent to me, the airship levels are my favorite in the game. SMB3 also introduced us to the over world map which is also featured in SMW and even today in NSMB U! I prefer the over world map in SMW it feels more alive, and Yoshi is just so awesome! The boss battles in SMW were more awesome then SMB3. It's nearly impossible for me to say what doesn't work in both because both games are superb masterpieces, that should be played by everyone!

#18 8BitDisaster

8BitDisaster

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Fandom:
    Inu-Yasha, DaH, LSOH, Mega Man, Mario

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:13 PM

I agree, SMW was one of the games that introduced me into gaming, I was very young when I got a SNES+SMW, I believe I was 4 years old.

Wonderful post there bud, I agree with how ground breaking SMB3 is. And I know it had a HUGE impact on the industry, and yes the Tanooki suit is awesome. I played SMB3 after SMW. SMB3 does feel really excellent to me, the airship levels are my favorite in the game. SMB3 also introduced us to the over world map which is also featured in SMW and even today in NSMB U! I prefer the over world map in SMW it feels more alive, and Yoshi is just so awesome! The boss battles in SMW were more awesome then SMB3. It's nearly impossible for me to say what doesn't work in both because both games are superb masterpieces, that should be played by everyone!

Thanks for pointing out some things I missed like the over world and stuff, And I do agree, the boss battles in Super Mario World are more awesome and creative like when you have to knock that one Koopa Kid off the stone and into the lava. And the cute after cut scenes when you beat them and saving the little Yoshi. And yes, they should defiantly give an experience to everyone! I mean they did re release them on the Gameboy Advanced in the Super Mario Advanced series. I'm sure them releases gave some young ones a very terrific experience so they won't miss the fun! Also can't forget the virtual console! I'm sure that also game some people an experience they will never forget.

scanty_and_kneesocks_transform_by_tdi_gw

Steam - 8BitDisaster

Tumblr - 8BitDisaster

#19 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:14 AM

I was 4/5 years old when I watched my daf play it. I didn't want to play, just watch. It was an unforgettabke experience, but funny enough I was born in 95 so the console was very outdated back then, which I didn't realise..
No sig.

#20 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:47 AM

I prefer SMB3, even though SMW is a great game too. For some reason, I don't really like the controls as much in SMW. SMB3 has only two buttons, which is a good thing, and the cape is too complicated to control in SMW. I actually prefer the level design of SMB3 also. But I can understand those who prefer SMW. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!