Photo

Super Mario Bros. 3 or Super Mario World.

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Poll: SMB 3 OR SMW (18 member(s) have cast votes)

SMB 3 OR SMW

1. SMB 3 (5 votes [27.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.78%

2. SMW (13 votes [72.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 72.22%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 SoldMyWiiU

SoldMyWiiU

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:45 AM

If you want to rage alot get SMB3

#22 A-Leal

A-Leal

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • NNID:A-Leal

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:51 AM

I prefer SMB3, even though SMW is a great game too. For some reason, I don't really like the controls as much in SMW. SMB3 has only two buttons, which is a good thing, and the cape is too complicated to control in SMW. I actually prefer the level design of SMB3 also. But I can understand those who prefer SMW. 

The levels in SMW to me felt just more fun. SMB3 had amazing levels, I.E. those airship levels are just fantastic. I do agree the cape is too complicated.

I was 4/5 years old when I watched my daf play it. I didn't want to play, just watch. It was an unforgettabke experience, but funny enough I was born in 95 so the console was very outdated back then, which I didn't realise..

I remember the first time I played SMW, I was just so young. I didn't stop playing either I remember finishing it in one day. Even the forest of illusion wasn't that tricky from what I remember. I prefer the final battle with Bowser in SMW, it's more epic I think.

A-Leal.png Nintendo Network ID: A-Leal 

#23 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:21 AM

The levels in SMW to me felt just more fun. SMB3 had amazing levels, I.E. those airship levels are just fantastic. I do agree the cape is too complicated.

I remember the first time I played SMW, I was just so young. I didn't stop playing either I remember finishing it in one day. Even the forest of illusion wasn't that tricky from what I remember. I prefer the final battle with Bowser in SMW, it's more epic I think.

Really? Because I was so young and we had no walkthroughs back in the day, it took me literally years (not of non-stop playing off course) to find every exit. But hell, was it worth my time. The joy I got out of finding a new hidden exit and a new route on the map is literally undescribable.

No sig.

#24 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:36 PM

I don't know how to explain it, but to me SMW is just one of my all time favorites. It also introduced Yoshi, which I love to death. I love the fact that Mario can spin on top of enemies, the different type of Yoshis, and DAT CASTLE THEME MUSIC.

YES!

the music is what really does it for me, when i look back, there are more memorable smw tunes than smb3.

The different yoshis was huge, the level designs, and the boo castles were very well done, 

and last but not least, the freak CAPE!

dont understand how that hasn't made a comeback.

With all this said, SMW2: yoshis island, is my favorite mario game ever

#25 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:28 PM

Super Mario World is definitely one of my fondest gaming memories. I remember the year the Super Nintendo came out was working a summer temp job in the mail room at Nintendo's HQ in Redmond, WA and every chance I got I use to sneak out to the gaming display area they had. They had a Super Famicom set up with a Japanese version of Super Mario World and I use to try and get as much play time as possible. When I went back to college at the end of the summer I immediately preordered the Super Nintendo and was really excited when I got my hands on that as well as Super Mario World.

#26 A-Leal

A-Leal

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • NNID:A-Leal

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:52 PM

Really? Because I was so young and we had no walkthroughs back in the day, it took me literally years (not of non-stop playing off course) to find every exit. But hell, was it worth my time. The joy I got out of finding a new hidden exit and a new route on the map is literally undescribable.

Yeah, that secret exit was tricky to find. :P

YES!

the music is what really does it for me, when i look back, there are more memorable smw tunes than smb3.

The different yoshis was huge, the level designs, and the boo castles were very well done, 

and last but not least, the freak CAPE!

dont understand how that hasn't made a comeback.

With all this said, SMW2: yoshis island, is my favorite mario game ever

OOOH BOY SMW2 is indeed very epic. I have the GBA version on my 3DS. (I'm in the ambassador program).

Super Mario World is definitely one of my fondest gaming memories. I remember the year the Super Nintendo came out was working a summer temp job in the mail room at Nintendo's HQ in Redmond, WA and every chance I got I use to sneak out to the gaming display area they had. They had a Super Famicom set up with a Japanese version of Super Mario World and I use to try and get as much play time as possible. When I went back to college at the end of the summer I immediately preordered the Super Nintendo and was really excited when I got my hands on that as well as Super Mario World.

Wow! Awesome job there bud! Most have been very exciting. Yeah I remember when SNES came out, I was so excited. :P

A-Leal.png Nintendo Network ID: A-Leal 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!