#1 8BitDisaster

8BitDisaster

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Fandom:
    Inu-Yasha, DaH, LSOH, Mega Man, Mario

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:54 PM

Anyone know the most realistic First Person Shooters for consoles? I really wonder because I love realistic games and not just instant combat. I know the PC has a lot of them but I'm sure if I runned Arma 3 on my PC it would kill over. Also some of the consoles I have in mind is for Xbox 360 (Not really cause live), PlayStation 2 and 3 and also Wii U if any that I have not heard of exist. If anything else comes to mind besides PC say it! A list would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Edited by 8BitDisaster, 24 March 2013 - 02:59 PM.

scanty_and_kneesocks_transform_by_tdi_gw

Steam - 8BitDisaster

Tumblr - 8BitDisaster

#2 NegaScott128

NegaScott128

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:58 PM

I guess Battlefield 3 is OK. Even though it's not an FPS, MGS3 has some pretty realistic gameplay, if you can overlook the bosses. America's Army: True Soldiers was pretty realistic. It was also pretty rainbowty.

#3 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:08 PM

Battlefield and Crysis hands down.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#4 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:34 PM

Battlefield and Crysis hands down.

Crysis isn't really realistic.

#5 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:57 PM

Crysis isn't really realistic.

I couldn't remember because the motion blur was the most hypest thing out of it.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#6 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:06 PM

Such a strange thing to say, most of the popular shooters attempt to put out realistic visuals.  There is only so far that will take you, though.  Battlefield offers a little more realism with destructible environments and realistic weapons and vehicles with realistic physics.  I'd say that is the most "realistic" shooter in the sense that it tries the most to create a real, changing, growing battlefield, rather than just a map.

#7 PyroKinesis

PyroKinesis

Boo

• Members
  • 534 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Party, Animal Crossing

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:43 PM

Battlefield series is probably the most realistic out there. Battlefield 4 looks to continue that. Reveal in a few days. :D

#8 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:15 PM

Battlefield 2 and 3
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#9 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:56 AM

Has everyone forgot about Rainbow 6? Those games are always Tom Clancy-proofed, and he always goes fore as much realism as possible.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#10 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:32 PM

In my opinion there are no realistic FPS games on the consoles at least nothing like Arma 3 on the PC. I doubt the current consoles could do a game like that justice. Maybe it might be possible on the PS4 or the Xbox 360 successor.

#11 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:53 PM

In my opinion there are no realistic FPS games on the consoles at least nothing like Arma 3 on the PC. I doubt the current consoles could do a game like that justice. Maybe it might be possible on the PS4 or the Xbox 360 successor.

It really depends on what kind of realism a person is looking for.  The R6 games (someone mentioned it) were realistic because each mission was supposed to be planned out as it would IRL.  The environments were realistic (though graphically dated by today's standard) and the weapons were realistic.

Battlefield is realistic because the environment is always changing, buildings go down providing new paths into enemy strongholds or crushing people inside.  Vehicles are realistic, weapons are realistic, environments are based on real environments.

COD looks okay, that is all, nothing about the gameplay itself is realistic other than some of the weapons, and even that is sketchy.  The environments are styled after realistic places.

Flashpoint was realistic because the weapons were real, the mission types were real, the tactics are real, and it is based on a tactical simulator that is used by DOD.

That's all I can think of for now, but there are plenty more FPS games, they are a dime a dozen anymore.  No one wants an uber realistic shooter, even if they think they do, because they would be filling out reports and creating mission plans, delegating, talking to locals, lol.  The simulators we've used actually play more like a FPSRPG because you do quite a but in between firefights, if you do firefights at all.  It isn't all run and gun like people who play the videogames think.  

#12 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:25 PM

I couldn't remember because the motion blur was the most hypest thing out of it.

We're talking about combat not visuals.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: First person shooter, FPS, realistic, army, army combat, ps2, xbox, console

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!