Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 18 September 2011 - 03:22 PM

Interesting, someone who thinks the exact opposite of most here... I honestly didn't think there were any dedicated gamers who preferred apple products. Also, be careful about spouting 'Think logically' when you don't know what it means; Going from point A to point B can vary between people, and what values they hold.

Before I post my counter-argument, I'd like to state that I AM a Nintendo Fanboy, so simple saying 'Apple is roxors' is not going to convince me to throw away modern gaming. Now that I've got that out of the way...

1. Ok. So your Ipod has features that you like? Good for you! I've had an Ipod Touch since I graduated, that's 4 years now, and I've used it solely for music, and to finish watching Clannad when my computer was broken. Guess what replaced it last march? Sure, the 3DS might not be able to play video, or use (well-over)half of the apps... The thing is, I never used any of those features anyway. The one feature I did use, the music player, I like better on the 3DS. Sure the Ipod had a better interface... But the 3DS has more folder control, better randomization and didn't require me to go through that annoying Itunes. I also like the clamshell design better, and I hate rubber cases so my Ipod is all scratched up... As well as the simple fact that Nintendo products are near indestructible. I had to take apart an old gamecube for Science once: It was near impossible.

Point is: While an Apple console would have features and designs of previous Apple products that you may enjoy, The Wii U/Ninty consoles would have features and designs of past Ninty products that I've enjoyed. Logic dictates that if I enjoyed my Ninty products better than my Apple products, than the same will hold true in the future. Next point.
2. Nintendo has an even more dedicated fanbase who won't buy everything they put out. I'm one of the biggest fanboys here, and I still haven't bought OoT 3D or Starfox 64, let alone the 2 Mario Galaxy games. TBH, I really don't get your point here... Logic dictates that because Apple Fans don't buy everything, they won't buy an apple console unless they play games, but because Gaming fanbases are they won't buy anything that isn't MicroSonyTendo? Are... You arguing against yourself now? O.o?

3. Well, 2 things... 1st off, Microsoft doesn't make PCs. They're an OS and Software company. 2nd off, Windows is infinitely better for gaming than mac. ESPECIALLY in Japan, where my fandoms lie. Case in point. So when Windows -> Xbox, they built it like a PC to make it easy for Devs to Multiplat PC games. That's why Ninty is making the Wii U like a PC. Logic dictates that if Apple made their console like a Mac, it would have the gaming priority of a Mac. Which is to say, almost none.

...Before you ask, yes. Yes I am a PC gamer as well. Sheesh, who said you could be part of one fandom >.>

4. Do you know why Nintendo survived the N64/GC years? First-Party Support. Nintendo is the single largest game developing company on the planet, with far more IPs and Studios than anyone else. Even without major 3rd party support they were able to survive 2 whole generations. Now, I ask... what makes you think apple can survive without any? Even if this console has awesome specs at a cheap price (Which is hardly possible with Apple), if it's only getting games that are already on other consoles, why would someone buy this console and miss out on Zelda Wii U? Logic dictates that one should buy not on hardware or brand, but on which one has the games you enjoy. If Apple has no exclusives that you enjoy then, outside of sheer fanboyism, why woud you buy it?

Hmm... It's been a while since I had a debate like this. We need more opinions on this site :P

All I've got to say...is owned. :P

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#82 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 03:24 PM

Interesting, someone who thinks the exact opposite of most here... I honestly didn't think there were any dedicated gamers who preferred apple products. Also, be careful about spouting 'Think logically' when you don't know what it means; Going from point A to point B can vary between people, and what values they hold.

Before I post my counter-argument, I'd like to state that I AM a Nintendo Fanboy, so simple saying 'Apple is roxors' is not going to convince me to throw away modern gaming. Now that I've got that out of the way...

1. Ok. So your Ipod has features that you like? Good for you! I've had an Ipod Touch since I graduated, that's 4 years now, and I've used it solely for music, and to finish watching Clannad when my computer was broken. Guess what replaced it last march? Sure, the 3DS might not be able to play video, or use (well-over)half of the apps... The thing is, I never used any of those features anyway. The one feature I did use, the music player, I like better on the 3DS. Sure the Ipod had a better interface... But the 3DS has more folder control, better randomization and didn't require me to go through that annoying Itunes. I also like the clamshell design better, and I hate rubber cases so my Ipod is all scratched up... As well as the simple fact that Nintendo products are near indestructible. I had to take apart an old gamecube for Science once: It was near impossible.

Point is: While an Apple console would have features and designs of previous Apple products that you may enjoy, The Wii U/Ninty consoles would have features and designs of past Ninty products that I've enjoyed. Logic dictates that if I enjoyed my Ninty products better than my Apple products, than the same will hold true in the future. Next point.
2. Nintendo has an even more dedicated fanbase who won't buy everything they put out. I'm one of the biggest fanboys here, and I still haven't bought OoT 3D or Starfox 64, let alone the 2 Mario Galaxy games. TBH, I really don't get your point here... Logic dictates that because Apple Fans don't buy everything, they won't buy an apple console unless they play games, but because Gaming fanbases are they won't buy anything that isn't MicroSonyTendo? Are... You arguing against yourself now? O.o?

3. Well, 2 things... 1st off, Microsoft doesn't make PCs. They're an OS and Software company. 2nd off, Windows is infinitely better for gaming than mac. ESPECIALLY in Japan, where my fandoms lie. Case in point. So when Windows -> Xbox, they built it like a PC to make it easy for Devs to Multiplat PC games. That's why Ninty is making the Wii U like a PC. Logic dictates that if Apple made their console like a Mac, it would have the gaming priority of a Mac. Which is to say, almost none.

...Before you ask, yes. Yes I am a PC gamer as well. Sheesh, who said you could be part of one fandom >.>

4. Do you know why Nintendo survived the N64/GC years? First-Party Support. Nintendo is the single largest game developing company on the planet, with far more IPs and Studios than anyone else. Even without major 3rd party support they were able to survive 2 whole generations. Now, I ask... what makes you think apple can survive without any? Even if this console has awesome specs at a cheap price (Which is hardly possible with Apple), if it's only getting games that are already on other consoles, why would someone buy this console and miss out on Zelda Wii U? Logic dictates that one should buy not on hardware or brand, but on which one has the games you enjoy. If Apple has no exclusives that you enjoy then, outside of sheer fanboyism, why woud you buy it?

Hmm... It's been a while since I had a debate like this. We need more opinions on this site :P

That was long, informed, logical, well-formed, and just... beautiful. +400 Internets for you, Gin.

I agree - it's been a while since we had some good debates around here. I think the last time we had this much discussion was when rob_shadows spurred some rather interesting discussions about the Wii U's hardware.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!