Photo

Gunslingers ~ The Nintendo Wii U Clan for Adults.

Gunslingers Black Ops 2 Monster Hunter 3 Wii U Adults Parents Casual Older Gamers Nintendo Clan

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 McMurphy

McMurphy

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • NNID:McMurphy
  • Fandom:
    Mario Kart, Dragon Quest

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:56 PM

Attention all older gamers! Some of you reading this message are just like me. Your youth consisted of blowing on bottom of cartidges, whether they were for the NES, SNES, or the N64. Your childhood was sans internet cheatsheets so you had to rely on the wit of your schoolmates and the information typed in game magazines on your local retail racks. You have indulged your Nintendo memories by picking up the Wii U.

Because of the above reasons, I invite you to join the Nintendo Wii U Gunslingers!

It is about time that us older gamers formed a clan. There are plenty of obligations and negativity wishing to take up your time in your career, in your personal life, and certainly during your online travels. It doesn't need to be that way. The Gunslingers clan, however existential as it may seem, seek to inject some positivity and even escapism in your daily obligations. Come. Kick your feet up. Decompress. Be merry! Everyone deserves that, and, regardless if you are new to online gaming or a veteran, you will be welcomed by the rest of us. Share in our cheer!

We currently have three Nintendo Wii U Clan fronts:

Ghostbanner_zps50c9caa3.png

and

gunslinger_mh3u_banner.png

and

29101.jpg

*The above list will be edited as updates occur.

Out of respect for the creators of TheWiiU.com site and their hard work in putting together a community for us, please keep general conversations locally. That said, you are invited to join up with the Nintendo Wii U Gunslingers for all your clan wants and needs! Reply to this thread or private message me if interested.

Edited by McMurphy, 04 November 2013 - 07:47 PM.

gunslinger_nintendowiiu_banner2.png

#2 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:01 AM

I'm 22. I could try out for your BLOPS2 clan. I have a headset but I haven't played forever so I'm kind of rusty. 

Signature_DK.png

#3 McMurphy

McMurphy

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Kart, Dragon Quest

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:42 AM

I'm 22. I could try out for your BLOPS2 clan. I have a headset but I haven't played forever so I'm kind of rusty. 

Awesome! We aren't overly concerned about kill/death ratios and the like; rather, we focus on the socialibility of the clan experience. I have private messaged you the necessary clan information. :)

#4 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:17 AM

I'm 28, I would love to join, I have a headset and I play BLOPSII regularly, though I try to stick to objective play, I'm not overly concerned with K/D.

#5 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:20 AM

Go back to MKW, McMurphy. 

Edited by Zinix, 27 March 2013 - 09:21 AM.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#6 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts
  • NNID:Fieryguns

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:23 PM

I'm 22. Can I join?

Spoiler

Edited by Fieryguns, 27 March 2013 - 04:29 PM.

#7 Goom

Goom

The Happyman Thief

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • NNID:SpikedGoomba
  • Fandom:
    pingas

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:37 PM

I'm 22. Can I join?

Spoiler

Why?

Posted Image

I am the hero this forum needs, but not the one it deserves.

#8 McMurphy

McMurphy

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Kart, Dragon Quest

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:07 PM

I'm 28, I would love to join, I have a headset and I play BLOPSII regularly, though I try to stick to objective play, I'm not overly concerned with K/D.

Fantastic! We certainly have a fellow GSers that love the objective games, so you will fit right in. I have sent you the clan information in a private message. Please, let me know if you have any questions along the way. :)

I'm 22. Can I join?

I'm sorry. Your thewii.com profile states that you are 14 years old. I wish you the best in your BO2 endeavors!

Go back to MKW, McMurphy. 

Oh, I will most certainly be on board for Mario Kart Wii U. I can't wait!

Quick Update: Several of our members have picked up Need for Speed: Most Wanted for the Wii U, so we are starting a GS car club for the game. As with our clan's other Wii U fronts, older gamers are welcome join us! :)

Edited by McMurphy, 29 March 2013 - 09:08 PM.

#9 ninjalae

ninjalae

Goomba

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • NNID:II.NiNJA.LaE.II
  • Fandom:
    Call of Duty, Tacos, Animal Crossing

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:31 AM

Sounds interesting..

Can I be a young old person? :laugh:

3011114.png

Where's the tacos?

#10 McMurphy

McMurphy

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Kart, Dragon Quest

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:56 PM

As you relax after what was a hopefully fun weekend, I wish to dedicate this post to the following topic:

New Members! We are having new Gunslingers join the posse all the time. Tip your hat to the following folks who have signed up with our overall clan during the first week of April:

byob_calisk8ter
Nobin
zerex96
Rayne
Hangman
Anlaria
phulcrum
JHBorden
Hyaku Shiki
confuse
seether
Atrayu
DeMi
deltamfox
Rock
Wizztu
AndytheTanker
ARabidPuma
DiRtY
Joe Subject
Darquejedi
kcninja
Natovdefi
Griffon 1978
slav120
macster1984
crypticbutton
madcatt
shawnf1980
Karden
BSteeleCC
S0DA POPINSKI
Swaggzee
tim_wick
Stoneskinsnake
RenZ0R
SwellerMonk
Tarl
Nemesis213
Litisun
hulkman694
chrisy159
GoldenLlama
Moncus
biokid101
QuantumSam
devestave
Kuriakos
Zuriel
bladerunner34
rgraham2018
Gungeorge
BaneX09
Echoscout
Roy Munson13
DarkShadowMastr
Rarg
holton90
P as in Pack
Converge
NSain
Apozen
westendorfj
faultychaosFX
WEEKENDWARRIORS
Marcs2606
itznoxi0us
Tamacco
AdrianRecon
Remilliah
JONxBOY
Vornoth512
CallousWrath
Jonathan Swift
GSStellin58
Fliggaman
Redwaiv
Kedeus
sushiking89
coderun
WhiskerBiskets
Oshinari
Krazee DD
Krupke
StuntaKing
zedidiah
Ivan Greenbeard
civil orange
EvoXan

Welcome to the Gunslingers and thank you all for joining!!! 89 people joined in a mere SEVEN days. Incredible!

If you are fellow older gamer looking for a group that treats gaming as getting together with a group of drinking buddies rather than a full time job, you are invited to join the Gunslingers.

The Monster Hunter 3: Ultimate Clan for Adults.

The Wii U Black Ops 2 Clan for Adults.

The Need for Speed: Most Wanted Clan for Adults.

The Nintendo Wii U Clan for Adults.

Gunslingers - Blazing Trails for Parent and Hard Working Adult Gamers.

#11 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:23 PM

I'm 22. Can I join?

Spoiler

Nice try.

Signature_DK.png

#12 McMurphy

McMurphy

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Kart, Dragon Quest

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:54 PM

PT-AI715_BEER_20080605145222.jpg

Frosty Pints!

We welcome you to join in on the premiere event here at Gunslingers entitled Frosty Pints!

Crack open your favorite brew, stop by the GS Chats and connect with fellow members for some drunken gaming fun. Going strong since 2008, Frosty Pints is a particularly great time for new members to meet other Gunslingers and to swap game contacts.

Frosty Pints takes place on Friday and Saturday evenings, which actually means all day Friday and Saturday due to having members from time zones across the globe. (Quite the bender, huh!?) The busiest times tend to be from 3:00pm PST and on.

The Wii U Black Ops 2 Clan for Adults.
The Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Clan for Adults.
The Wii U Need for Speed: Most Wanted Clan for Adults.

Gunslingers - Blazing Trails for Parent and Hard Working Adult Gamers.

Edited by McMurphy, 12 April 2013 - 02:54 PM.

#13 BazzaBoy

BazzaBoy

Goomba

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Fandom:
    i love guybrush threepwood

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:40 PM

hi, fancying joining your mh3u clan if you'll have me. just turned 31 and after relaxed gaming online

#14 McMurphy

McMurphy

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Kart, Dragon Quest

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:02 PM

hi, fancying joining your mh3u clan if you'll have me. just turned 31 and after relaxed gaming online

We would love to have you! I will send you the necessary clan information in private message. :)

As we do some last minute laundry before the work week starts on Monday, here are some exciting updates taking place within the Gunslingers:

The Gunslingers is OVER 6,000 Members Strong! An incredible milestone happened this week. Within a few months shy over our six year anniversary as a gaming group, the Gunslingers gained our 6,000th member. We have had over two thousand fellow parent and adult gamers join our posse since this time last year. I sincerely thank everyone for their continued support in making us the #1 home for gamers looking for a casual gaming experience!

Google Documents Now Supported in GS Forums! We have many members interested in putting together events and features for their fellow gamers. To encourage said creativity, we have installed the ability for any registered member to embed Google documents they have made in forum posts by merely using "[googledoc]" tags. Enjoy!

Two New Games Added to GS Arcade! One of the perks of being a Gunslinger member is getting access to our retro-style custom arcade in which we routinely install new titles. Of recent, we have added "De-Animator," a title based on Lovecraft's work, and "Who Wants to be a Millionaire," which is based on the television game show of the same name. Can you earn the highscore? Is that your final answer?

The GS Voice Chat Channel is Live! In addition to your in-game chat options, the Gunslingers also have a Raidcall channel that all members are welcome to use. The channel is aptly entitled "Gunslinger Gaming." It's free. It's extremely light on resources. And it is very easy to set up!

Thank you for taking the time to read the most recent Gunslinger updates. If you are a fellow mature, casual gamer looking for a gaming experience away from the typical drama, you are welcome to join us in the fun!

The Nintendo Wii U Clan for Parents.
The Nintendo Wii U Clan for Older Gamers.

Gunslingers - Blazing Trails for Over 6,000 Mature, Casual Gamers.

#15 GhouliaG

GhouliaG

Goomba

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:33 AM

I am 27, would love to join. The Monster Hunter 3: Ultimate Clan for Adults

#16 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:49 AM

I play MH3U a lot too and am looking for some nice well aging people like myself.... ;)

But, seriously, I was member of a Dutch Adult Gamingclan but there were too few WiiU gamers. An International group seems to be a better option. I'd like to join if you accept.

Here's an animation I made for the Dutch clan. Was only a fun- watch- and learn project but the result is ok-ish.

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#17 Izombie

Izombie

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Fandom:
    Final Fantasy, WoW, Diablo, Mario

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:22 PM

Sign me up. This describes me exactly.. looking up old MK2 fatality codes in a tips n' tricks magazine at the grocery store. I also dig the "Gunslingers" title since I've recently started reading through Stephen King's "The Dark Tower" series. I'll be picking up Monter Hunter 3 this week.

Wii U addy: Izombie

Wii U Addy: Izombie
Desktop: Dell XPS 8600 SE w/Intel i7 quad core 3770, 12gb dual channel ddr3 1600mhz ram, 2gb AMD Radeon 7870, 2tb 7200 HDD with 32gb ssd, 24" 1080p LED display
Laptop: Alienware m14x w/Intel i7 quad core 3610qm, 6gb dual channel ddr3 1600mhz ram, 1gb Nvidia 650m, 500gb 7200rpm hdd, killer n wireless card, 14" 900p LED display

1553735_o.gif

#18 McMurphy

McMurphy

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Kart, Dragon Quest

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:54 PM

I know what you are thinking. You read the phrase "...clan for adults" in the title of this topic, but what does that mean? How are you supposed to know if we are the gaming group for you?

Let's throw out some pop cultural references and see if they seem familiar.

If you not only remember the character Ernest P. Worrell, but you remember him in soda commercials...
mqdefault.jpg

If you, without further hints, knew what movie the line, "This is Walter! AHHHH!" is from...
tumblr_llmbd35I5r1qar5bco1_500.png

If you thought, regardless of the children crying, White Lion probably didn't have the answer to world peace...
White+Lion+++Band+Photo.jpg

...you'll fit right in with the Gunslingers! :)

Seriously, though. The Gunslingers is the perfect oasis for the busy yet laid-back older gamer looking for a group that treats gaming like hanging out with a group of drinking buddies.

*This message has been approved by The Nintendo Wii U Gunslingers.

Gunslingers - Yes, we are old. Now get off of our damn lawn.

#19 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:20 PM

am 17, am a older gamer? but i feel so young!

Also i have non of them games, but am thinking of getting NfS MW. soo... ya

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#20 Half

Half

Blooper

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • NNID:HalfName
  • Fandom:
    Curse all fanboys/girls.

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:56 PM

As soon as I read "information typed in game magazines" I suddenly remembered those old tips and tricks little handbooks, and I found about 10 of them in my storage cupboard. xD
I'm not that old that I consider myself an adult though, so I'll pass. (Plus I only have Monster Hunter as of yet, and I suck so much a** I'd embarrass myself, so maybe when I get the other 2 games, although i can bet I'd embarrass myself with those aswell)

FmEkJ2.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Gunslingers, Black Ops 2, Monster Hunter 3, Wii U, Adults, Parents, Casual, Older Gamers, Nintendo, Clan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!