Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:54 PM

Nintendo is giving unity 4 away for freeeeeeeeeee

You get Unity, YOU get Unity, EVERYBODY GETS UNITY!!!!!

#23 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:04 PM

http://www.develop-o...ework-for-Wii-U

pyon

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#24 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:51 PM

http://www.thesixtha...l-applications/

"Now, this is really big news. Soon, web developers will be able to use HTML, JavaScript or CSS to create applications – and even games – for the Wii U"

#25 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:14 PM

Wow really? This is great, now if only Nintendo could be like Navi and annoy developers that this exists.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#26 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:15 PM

WHOLY CARP yes!

Signature_Fox.png

#27 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:21 PM

Are you really that excited for iOS shovelware?

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#28 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:44 PM

Holy shiznips, this is amazeballs :D

#29 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:25 PM

Nintendo announced unity partnership.

It was wise.

Sony followed suit.

Expect ms to do the same.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 27 March 2013 - 08:26 PM.

#30 nothinglost

nothinglost

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:42 AM

Nintendo Web Framework

The Nintendo Web Framework is a development environment based on WebKit technologies, supporting application development on the Wii U system using HTML5, JavaScript, and CSS. It also supports the Wii U GamePad controller, Wii Remote controllers, and JavaScript extensions such as video playback. With the Nintendo Web Framework, development times will be reduced and Wii U applications can be easily developed using common Web technologies. Combining the handy Wii U GamePad, the TV screen, and the Internet, the potential exists for the services and games you are developing to progress by leaps and bounds. 

https://gdc2013.nintendo.com/

For more information on Nintendo Web Framework, please attend theNintendo Wii U Application session at GDC .

NWF_logo_RGB_fix.png

Basically what this means is that Nintendo is setting up the eShop & Online Community for ALL Developers to be able to create Web Apps, Games etc. for Wii U very easily and very inexpensive.

I think Nintendo may have just opened up the flood gates for an amazing system very similar to Apple's App Store. We may be in for a wild ride with the Wii U everyone. This just might be the Gigantic Leap Forward that Nintendo needs in order for the Wii U to succeed.

I knew that I was going to try to develop a game and/or application for the Wii U but now it just got a whole lot easier from the Dev's point of view.

Just in case anyone is interested - Google Street U was built using the Web Framework. ;)

What are your thoughts on this?

Edited by nothinglost, 28 March 2013 - 07:44 AM.

#31 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:47 AM

Yeah should see a lot of apps coming very soon. But to me it shows Nintendo strategy is 1st and 2nd party, indie, apps , and the partnering with a 3rd party dev every now and then. So we will see how that works out. Just wish they could be this proactive with 3rd parties. It's shows they don't give a you know what and still play by their own rules.

Edited by GAMER1984, 28 March 2013 - 07:47 AM.

#32 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:53 AM

This is awesome news, heres to a future where the eShop is packed with many different, awesome things for everyone :D CHEERS!!!

#33 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:55 AM

Some of those games look very interesting, I'd love to play them on my Wii U :D

#34 ElderKnight77

ElderKnight77

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • Fandom:
    anything Nintendo

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:32 AM

Nintendo really should start investing in Unity!!! Those guys are gonna be HUGE...and probably the platform of choice of most indies and mobile games.  It would be wise for Nintendo to do this in order to secure crossplatform development on their current and future systems. Sure CE, UE, FB might be a smidge more advanced but those are for big developers; the future are the indie development studios!!!  So SCREW BF4 I'm all for independent studios which has more substance than style!!!

#35 ElderKnight77

ElderKnight77

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • Fandom:
    anything Nintendo

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:47 AM

Yeah should see a lot of apps coming very soon. But to me it shows Nintendo strategy is 1st and 2nd party, indie, apps , and the partnering with a 3rd party dev every now and then. So we will see how that works out. Just wish they could be this proactive with 3rd parties. It's shows they don't give a you know what and still play by their own rules.

Well they've tried to court 3rd party publishers for quite sometime now.  They either got gimped ports or inferior exclusives for their efforts.  The trouble with 3rd party (both western and Japanese) stems from sometime now during the nes and snes when Nintendo controlled 3rd parties with an iron fist.  Despite the changes within Nintendo,  3rd parties are reluctant to have them rise to what they were before.  Besides Nintendo console always relied on 1st and 2nd party software to sell systems.  Now they have a chance to start over and building good relationships with indies (nicalis, wayward, frontier, Shinen, Frozenbyte, Two Tribes, 5th Cell etc)

that have produced some great games.  Kudos to Nintendo for this...hopefully this means a strategic partnership(if not a stake) with Unity as that company is primed for success!!!

#36 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:56 AM

Well they've tried to court 3rd party publishers for quite sometime now.  They either got gimped ports or inferior exclusives for their efforts.  The trouble with 3rd party (both western and Japanese) stems from sometime now during the nes and snes when Nintendo controlled 3rd parties with an iron fist.  Despite the changes within Nintendo,  3rd parties are reluctant to have them rise to what they were before.  Besides Nintendo console always relied on 1st and 2nd party software to sell systems.  Now they have a chance to start over and building good relationships with indies (nicalis, wayward, frontier, Shinen, Frozenbyte, Two Tribes, 5th Cell etc)
that have produced some great games.  Kudos to Nintendo for this...hopefully this means a strategic partnership(if not a stake) with Unity as that company is primed for success!!!

I call bs. Time will tell but I didn't see Nintendo trying to build with 3rd party companies. Ps4 architect as gone on record saying they knew Ps3 was a disaster as far as developing for. They went to every MAJOR DEVELOPER IN "2007" and asked what they needed froma console for next gen. I doubt Nintendo took such action. Everyone claims they have all this money in the bank yet they won't use it. They could have put at least 3GB of ram in their and that right their ensure Wii U is future proof. I'm just very disappointed with Nintendo right now. More than anything is their lack of doing anything. They seem to be just sitting on their hands waiting for a change to happen. Simple if they were as proactive with bigger 3rd party devs as what we just seen at GDC13 Wii U would be in a different position.

#37 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:03 AM

Indies are third parties too.  Indies are typically more creative, which may be why they are going this route, to get more creative games that advance new play styles so the industry can adapt and grow rather than stagnate and iterate.

#38 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:08 AM

Indies are third parties too.  Indies are typically more creative, which may be why they are going this route, to get more creative games that advance new play styles so the industry can adapt and grow rather than stagnate and iterate.

You know what I mean bigger 3rd party devs. I'm just scared for Wii U. This is going on the THIRD generation that we won't see a GTA game on a Nintendo home console. I just don't know what to say.... Things need to improve. I can only hope Nintendo silence is them working their A$$ of behind close doors to surprise the hell out of me come E3.

#39 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:11 AM

You know what I mean bigger 3rd party devs. I'm just scared for Wii U. This is going on the THIRD generation that we won't see a GTA game on a Nintendo home console. I just don't know what to say.... Things need to improve. I can only hope Nintendo silence is them working their A$$ of behind close doors to surprise the hell out of me come E3.

I agree, I hope they are only being quiet because they have a few bombs to drop soon.

#40 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:42 AM

in case it hasnt crossed anybodies mind yet....

Expect less than official versions of minecraft to hit all over this.

Wonder how mojang will handle this.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!