Photo

Your favorite generation of the Pokemon series?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Poll: Your favorite generation of the Pokemon series? (23 member(s) have cast votes)

What Generation of the Pokemon series is your favorite?

1. Gen I (6 votes [26.09%])

Percentage of vote: 26.09%

2. Gen II (6 votes [26.09%])

Percentage of vote: 26.09%

3. Gen III (9 votes [39.13%])

Percentage of vote: 39.13%

4. Gen IV (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. Gen V (2 votes [8.70%])

Percentage of vote: 8.70%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:53 PM

For those unfamiliar with Pokemon the generations are...

Generation 1

Spoiler

Generation 2

Spoiler

Generation 3

Spoiler

Generation 4

Spoiler

Generation 5

Spoiler

#2 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:52 PM

Gen 1 was like a magical wonderland, so colorful and full of adventure, a new beginning per say.

Gen 2 was like gen 1, and adding in more fun to its already popular franchise back then.

Gen 3 for me was like a stroll to memory lane when i first got it, I forgot it was pokemon since it was a new characters and new sprites were introduce before my very eyes.

Gen 4 was were I really got into the series, heck even watching the anime again, I was heavily competitive since it had online and it was so much fun.

Gen 5 is so appealing to younger audiences, like they took what's popular in other animes and stapled it into Pokemon.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#3 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:15 PM

How was first gen not unanimous...

-____-

something is wrong with you people....

youre lucky it doesnt give me the option to peak at who voted for what....otherwise id hunt you down >:[

#4 Goom

Goom

The Happyman Thief

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • NNID:SpikedGoomba
  • Fandom:
    pingas

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:20 PM

I almosted voted for Gen lll because it holds so much nostalgia for me. But I ended up choose Gen ll due to Heracross being in that Gen. (Heracross is my favorite pokemon).

Posted Image

I am the hero this forum needs, but not the one it deserves.

#5 Omni

Omni

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • Fandom:
    metroid, zelda, pokemon, deus ex, manga

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:49 AM

I played the first gen when i was a little kid and it felt magical all the way through but finding out that there are gonna be 150 more Pokemon just blew my mind as a kid. So yea. definitely 2nd gen :D

Edited by Omni, 28 March 2013 - 01:51 AM.

"Better to Reign in hell, than serve in heaven."
-- Paradise Lost, John Milton

#6 Hikaruchu

Hikaruchu

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:56 AM

I say either gen IV because that was the first I played, or gen V because thats what I'm playing now.

Posted ImageMy mii QR code.

#7 GhostDrive

GhostDrive

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:15 AM

I have many different ways of looking at Pokemon generations. If I were to go for the nostalgia route I'd pick gen 2. I devoted many hours to Silver, and that gen also improved the game mechanics and gave psychic an extra weakness in dark, and resistance in steel. Anyone one who has played gen one knows that psychic types were very overpowered. If I were to go with what I know now, I'd probably go with gen 5. While there really isn't any nostalgic value for gen 5, the games have a lot of cool features and improved the overall Pokemon experience. To me, each region, each generation had it's ups and downs, and reasons why I liked and disliked. Enough rambling, if I had a gun to my head and had to pick an answer, I'd go with gen 2. Damn you nostalgia.

#8 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:48 AM

I completely loved Gen 2 and 3 because those were some of the first games I played, I went back and played Gen 1 and I liked that too. Gen 4 made me go ew wtf quite a bit but I did still enjoy it, and for some reason don't ask me why but I absolutly adored Gen 5!!! I know the are a few wierd Pokemon in there, but I think that's kinda the charm of it. Overall I love all the Gen's but my least favorite was 4, I'm really looking forward to Pokemon X and Y, I can't wait to see what Gen 6 has in store for us, oh by the way I call dibs on Fennikin! :D

#9 PyroKinesis

PyroKinesis

Boo

• Members
  • 534 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Party, Animal Crossing

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:56 PM

I'm going to have to say Generation 3. It was the first time that I was able to play in Kanto as it was intended (I had Yellow, not Red/Blue), and Emerald was just a spectacular game. I remember being on Serebii.net every day checking for new news and screenshots.

#10 TheSparrow87

TheSparrow87

Thwomp

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:44 PM

Definitely generation 1 for me.

I had just played Dragon Warrior Monsters and was eager to try another pet based battle game.

The only games I've played extensively from the series are gen 1 games.

I could never relate to later gen Pokémon like I could with the first gen.

#11 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:22 PM

I almosted voted for Gen lll because it holds so much nostalgia for me. But I ended up choose Gen ll due to Heracross being in that Gen. (Heracross is my favorite pokemon).

WOW! exactly my thoughts. Heracross along with amphros, and ledian. Although Butterfree IS my favorite pokemon. possibly because of the cartoon, but, i have butterfree on my team every GEN, no matter what.

Gen 5 is ALOT better than people give credit, too many people are afraid to try blk and whte. 

Edited by umegames, 28 March 2013 - 06:23 PM.

#12 Goom

Goom

The Happyman Thief

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • NNID:SpikedGoomba
  • Fandom:
    pingas

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:28 PM

WOW! exactly my thoughts. Heracross along with amphros, and ledian. Although Butterfree IS my favorite pokemon. possibly because of the cartoon, but, i have butterfree on my team every GEN, no matter what.

Gen 5 is ALOT better than people give credit, too many people are afraid to try blk and whte. 

I always have a Heracross in my pokemon team.

Posted Image

I am the hero this forum needs, but not the one it deserves.

#13 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:28 PM

I only like gen 1 because after that they started adding more and more pokemon so they could milk the series as much as possible. Now there must be like 87436897 pokemon.

#14 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:46 AM

My favourite gen is the one where they throw apples instead of Pokeballs at Pokemon.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#15 Blade of Dyna

Blade of Dyna

Spear Guy

• Banned
  • 84 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kirby and Zelda

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:37 AM

I'm torn between 2, 3, and 4 mainly because their the only way you can visit Kanto without the broken-ass mechanics of Gen 1.

My favourite gen is the one where they throw apples instead of Pokeballs at Pokemon.

So i take it your favs are gens 1-4?

I only like gen 1 because after that they started adding more and more pokemon so they could milk the series as much as possible. Now there must be like 87436897 pokemon.

Last i checked the term milking refers to reusing the game over and over with minimal changes, something a long time fan since gen 1 like me hasn't seen(both with gameplay and pokemon) in the series, i hate when people claim the original 151 Pokemon were the best when only a few of them are actually useful in today's metagame.

And for the record there's 649 of them.

#16 Ashurii

Ashurii

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:52 AM

Gen 3 all the way. I was around since the start but Gen 3 held the magic for me 

Jontron.jpg

#17 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:01 AM

Generation 3 is by far the best, I just loved all the new Pokemon, the battle frontier in emerald was amazing, the hoenn region was just flawless and interesting. Gen 4 was the worst IMO, it was a crappy world with crappy Pokemon, except Palkia,he was a tank .

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#18 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:43 AM

Gen 4 was the worst IMO, it was a crappy world with crappy Pokemon, except Palkia,he was a tank .

orly.jpg

Spoiler

no--not-rly-200x200.jpg

#19 PyroKinesis

PyroKinesis

Boo

• Members
  • 534 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Party, Animal Crossing

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:07 AM

And for the record there's 649 of them.

And there's going to be, what, 150 more this Fall?

#20 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:57 AM

And there's going to be, what, 150 more this Fall?

Um... Game Freak confirmed they were only going up to 700 next gen not 800 as you suggested, besides Gen 6 looks to be another "EVO" Gen like Gen 2 and 4 where most the new Pokemon are evolutions/pre-evolutions for older Pokemon.

Edited by VGCrasher, 29 March 2013 - 08:00 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!