Photo

DICE: frostbite engine is not running on Wii U... Wii U Specs to high?

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:33 AM

Read it and make your own conclusion.... Just PR BS if you ask me.

http://m.neogaf.com/...ad.php?t=531009

#2 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:50 AM

So basically EA is making another bull$h!t excuse while trying to portray the Wii U in a positive light at the same time.

#3 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:54 AM

So basically EA is making another bull$h!t excuse while trying to portray the Wii U in a positive light at the same time.

Well it's the developer this time not EA the publisher. It sucks because man Nintendo better have massive bombs coming are things are gonna get way worse quick

#4 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:02 AM

I was wondering when this was going to make it here.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#5 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:18 AM

I was wondering when this was going to make it here.

What's your opinion... Is this not concerning. Not just that its An EA developer but I haven't seen one newer engine running on Wii U. I would love for Ubisoft to speak up and talk about how Wii U is running on the supposed new engine for Watchdogs. Right now it's doom and gloom articles over and over. No developer seems to really be hyping the Wii U and what it can do for a technical standpoint.

Edited by GAMER1984, 28 March 2013 - 08:18 AM.

#6 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:39 AM

UE4 was confirmed for Wii U by EPIC, I remember frostbite being confirmed at some point, but now Google is flooded with this news.  Also, CryEngine3 was confirmed for Wii U and they had Crysis3 running and ready to release.

#7 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:05 AM

EA have more excuses than I did for not doing my homework lol.

#8 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:08 AM

UE4 was confirmed for Wii U by EPIC, I remember frostbite being confirmed at some point, but now Google is flooded with this news.  Also, CryEngine3 was confirmed for Wii U and they had Crysis3 running and ready to release.

Well epic said unreal 4 is really scalable even to smart phones and that unreal 3 is a better fit for Wii U.... Yes a ringing endorsement of its power.

#9 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:15 AM

Well epic said unreal 4 is really scalable even to smart phones and that unreal 3 is a better fit for Wii U.... Yes a ringing endorsement of its power.

I just took that as them saying they don't want to do the porting work for UE4 for Wii U, but that it was capable of running it.  They are trying to sell both of their engines, not make an offhand comment about the power of the Wii U.

#10 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:22 AM

I just took that as them saying they don't want to do the porting work for UE4 for Wii U, but that it was capable of running it. They are trying to sell both of their engines, not make an offhand comment about the power of the Wii U.

Yeah I didn't take it that way. No way would they say that about a Sony or Microsoft console. I took it as a blatant diss. Nintendo isn't going to bow down and make a console epic wants so..... Nintendo are killing relationships with developers and publisher..... Damn I love Nintendo but its no way to turn my head on this one. Stevie Wonder can see what's going on right now.

Edited by GAMER1984, 28 March 2013 - 09:22 AM.

#11 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:59 AM

Yeah I didn't take it that way. No way would they say that about a Sony or Microsoft console. I took it as a blatant diss. Nintendo isn't going to bow down and make a console epic wants so..... Nintendo are killing relationships with developers and publisher..... Damn I love Nintendo but its no way to turn my head on this one. Stevie Wonder can see what's going on right now.

Yeah, Nintendo make consoles based on what Nintendo developers want.  That's what happens when you are a gaming company first.  Also, having the most powerful console for two generations only hurt their third party support.  They can't cater to everyone, and with the Wii U they've given developers with a lot to work with.  Sure more RAM would have been nice, but I feel like they got an idea of what games actually use and went off that.  Most games don't use an enormous amount of RAM, video or otherwise, so for them its more about creating a system that is tightly integrated and efficient but doesn't waste resources on additional hardware because EPIC wants more.  Devs will always want more, more more, but they aren't going to get it from any platform.  I don't think many devs will be able to use all of the RAM in the PS4 simply because there isn't enough grunt there to process all of the extra assets, so it will be wasted on slightly higher resolution textures, and slightly better physics engines, slightly better looking models, etc that take up a bunch of extra space but offer very little in the way of improvement since the resolutions aren't getting any higher this gen.  But the developers asked for it so Sony wasted the money on it.  It could help or hurt them, only time will tell.

#12 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:04 AM

Yeah, Nintendo make consoles based on what Nintendo developers want.  That's what happens when you are a gaming company first.  Also, having the most powerful console for two generations only hurt their third party support.  They can't cater to everyone, and with the Wii U they've given developers with a lot to work with.  Sure more RAM would have been nice, but I feel like they got an idea of what games actually use and went off that.  Most games don't use an enormous amount of RAM, video or otherwise, so for them its more about creating a system that is tightly integrated and efficient but doesn't waste resources on additional hardware because EPIC wants more.  Devs will always want more, more more, but they aren't going to get it from any platform.  I don't think many devs will be able to use all of the RAM in the PS4 simply because there isn't enough grunt there to process all of the extra assets, so it will be wasted on slightly higher resolution textures, and slightly better physics engines, slightly better looking models, etc that take up a bunch of extra space but offer very little in the way of improvement since the resolutions aren't getting any higher this gen.  But the developers asked for it so Sony wasted the money on it.  It could help or hurt them, only time will tell.

Yeah we will see.... I know this much Nintendo is driving down a dangerous road. e3 will tell me all I need to know about this console and the support it will get. No looking good.... Looks GRIM.

#13 Structures

Structures

LIL B's SiDEKiCK

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • NNID:Structures
  • Fandom:
    Gundam, Nintendo, Warcraft, Guild Wars

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:14 AM

at least we got this: "We are now focused on PC and the current-gen platforms"

tybaseddice

636416_0.jpg
Youtube Twitch.tv I stream Wii U Gameplay and PC Games

#14 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:14 AM

so 1. 720 only next gen getting BF4. sign of a microsoft/EA deal right there.

#15 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:15 AM

Yeah we will see.... I know this much Nintendo is driving down a dangerous road. e3 will tell me all I need to know about this console and the support it will get. No looking good.... Looks GRIM.

What Nintendo are doing right is giving developers a reason to think about different ways to play.  They really are banking hard on the controller to open up new game play schema, and we know from the reaction from both Sony and Microsoft with Vita integration and SmartGlass, respectively that they've hit a nerve with developers.  

#16 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:21 AM

I can't wait for this game to be released onPS4, Next Box, and maybe even a PSVita BF game but NOT Wii U. EA sucks.

at least we got this: "We are now focused on PC and the current-gen platforms"

tybaseddice

itssomething.jpg

At least they're not being total asses.

I just took that as them saying they don't want to do the porting work for UE4 for Wii U, but that it was capable of running it.  They are trying to sell both of their engines, not make an offhand comment about the power of the Wii U.

Off course Wii U could run UE4.. even smartphones should be able to. It's just that they don't bother trying because they don't see much profit in it.

No sig.

#17 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:28 AM

I can't wait for this game to be released onPS4, Next Box, and maybe even a PSVita BF game but NOT Wii U. EA sucks.

itssomething.jpg

At least they're not being total asses.

Off course Wii U could run UE4.. even smartphones should be able to. It's just that they don't bother trying because they don't see much profit in it.

They would still make profit on licensing, but not directly on the porting work, which is basically what's being said, yes.

#18 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:33 AM

When will this silly war end  :(

Silly silly. We already saw the IPs at Jan's ND and they look so pretty. I love the games we are getting :wub:

Signature_DK.png

#19 PyroKinesis

PyroKinesis

Boo

• Members
  • 534 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Party, Animal Crossing

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:42 AM

In fact, I don't think I've ever heard a single little civil word from those guys.

#20 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:47 AM

In fact, I don't think I've ever heard a single little civil word from those guys.

EA is famous for being uncivilized. I guess the CEO quitting really didn't do much :(

Signature_DK.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!