• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:07 PM

I'm debating between picking up 2 of these 4 games as soon as I have the money:

1. Lego City Undercover

2. Monster Hunter 3G

3. The Amazing Spider Man

4. Need for Speed: Most Wanted

I'm thinking that Lego City will definitely be one of the 2.

I really wanna support Criterion in the hopes of future 3rd party support. Plus I like racing games

The Amazing Spider Man looks like a decent open world action game. My favorite genre.

Monster Hunter 3G because it looks great. But then again, I didn't enjoy Monster Hunter 3 Tri on Wii very much. So this is probably the lowest on my list.

What would you guys do?

#2 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:17 PM

I bought monster hunter and NFS

Both are excellent games, however the NFS Most Wanted isnt as good as the original most wanted in my opinion, but my hopes were set very high

Edited by Mitch13pavel, 28 March 2013 - 07:18 PM.

#3 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:20 PM

LEGO City is Fantastic. Definitely buy.

I'd go with Need for Speed as #2.

I think EA has or had it for $30 on their website.

LEGO City is Fantastic. Definitely buy.

I'd go with Need for Speed as #2.

I think EA has or had it for $30 on their website.

#4 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:26 PM

Amazing Spider Man has been the least received of the four ( it still seems like a good game), and chances are it will start and continue to drop in price. You didn't enjoy Tri, and since MH3U is pretty much ( what I can tell) the same gameplay. I'd go with Lego City and Need for Speed. But I'd be wary of getting NFS, as it might have a price drop pretty soon ( if the Origin sale is anything to judge on).

#5 dante👌

dante👌

Special Product

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:25 PM

Get Lego city, Lego city  is amazing, IMO

#6 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:20 PM

Lego City and Most Wanted for sure. Open world we got Assassins Creed IV and Watchdogs, perhaps GTA coming end of the year.

Edited by TheDoctor13, 28 March 2013 - 10:21 PM.

Stupid Snowmads!

#7 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:37 PM

Go for Lego City, its the only one that's appealing to everybody.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#8 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:46 PM

both lego city and monster hunter ultimate are open worlds with dozen of hours gameplay, it will take u up to 1-2-3 months to finish them... Need for speed is a racing game... Personally for racing games, I always wait and choose the best, because I am not into cars alot, to buy every racing game.

so Project cars will be the best...

Edited by Plutonas, 28 March 2013 - 11:47 PM.

#9 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:38 AM

Lego City (I've still not received my copy :( )

Need for Speed

I'm not into Monster Hunter, been put off for life with the demo

#10 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:50 AM

I'm debating between picking up 2 of these 4 games as soon as I have the money:

1. Lego City Undercover

2. Monster Hunter 3G

3. The Amazing Spider Man

4. Need for Speed: Most Wanted

I'm thinking that Lego City will definitely be one of the 2.

I really wanna support Criterion in the hopes of future 3rd party support. Plus I like racing games

The Amazing Spider Man looks like a decent open world action game. My favorite genre.

Monster Hunter 3G because it looks great. But then again, I didn't enjoy Monster Hunter 3 Tri on Wii very much. So this is probably the lowest on my list.

What would you guys do?

I have all the games you mentioned, but if you are looking to get two of them... go with Lego City and Monster Hunter. That will give you a good balance I think and you can pick up the other titles at a later date. I myself wish I had more time for all the games but Lego City and Monster Hunter sure are taking up a lot of my free time. I tend to pop in Need For Speed when I just want to drive around and crash into the police cars  :laugh:

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#11 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:42 AM

I feel that you should get Monster Hunter Ultimate for your second choice. I find that wUnted is a little too open for it's own good, and that you lose direction of what you want to achieve next.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#12 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:06 AM

I haven't played any of them yet but from what I have read about them I would say Lego City Undercover and Need For Speed are probably the best two to get. It seems like you've already made your mind up about Lego City Undercover, you like racing games and you weren't too keen on the previous Monster Hunter. Spider-Man apparently isn't a great game anyway.

#13 jalio_the_brave

jalio_the_brave

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:10 AM

I feel that you should get Monster Hunter Ultimate for your second choice. I find that wUnted is a little too open for it's own good, and that you lose direction of what you want to achieve next.

My problem with Monster Hunter is that I have a hard time getting into the game because of the single player. And I feel like you should finish the single player before going multiplayer. That's why I didn't enjoy Tri. Should I get it anyway?

#14 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:15 AM

I agree that Monster Hunter has a difficult curve. I won't agree on the single player before multiplayer though. That's a very easy way to make the game a frustration. Sometimes it's much nicer to tag along with experienced people so you can develop your own hunting experience.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#15 nothinglost

nothinglost

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:48 AM

Here's my 2 cents.

Definitely get Lego City Undercover!!!!!

I own Amazing SpiderMan and (drumroll)........ I actually really like it.

It's a solid open world comic book game that plays very similar to Batman: Arkham City mixed with SpiderMan 2 (PS2)

:)

#16 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:52 AM

Here's my 2 cents.

Definitely get Lego City Undercover!!!!!

I own Amazing SpiderMan and (drumroll)........ I actually really like it.

It's a solid open world comic book game that plays very similar to Batman: Arkham City mixed with SpiderMan 2 (PS2)

:)

Hi Bro,

I agree with you, and with the choices the OP listed... it's really hard actually to pick two even though I did. I agree as well the Amazing Spiderman is solid. Same combat system as Batman Arkam City, open world gameplay, and even though it's based off a movie... it's FUN!

Edited by Sorceror12, 29 March 2013 - 07:53 AM.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#17 nothinglost

nothinglost

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:05 AM

Hi Bro,

I agree with you, and with the choices the OP listed... it's really hard actually to pick two even though I did. I agree as well the Amazing Spiderman is solid. Same combat system as Batman Arkam City, open world gameplay, and even though it's based off a movie... it's FUN!

Totally man.

Maybe it's just me but I seem to be enjoying some of the games that Critics are panning.

Amazing Spiderman

Walking Dead: Survival Instinct

Zombie U

#18 jalio_the_brave

jalio_the_brave

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:42 PM

Thanks guys for your input. I think right now I'm debating between Monster Hunter and Need for Speed. So feel free to put in your input between these two :)

#19 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:59 PM

Wait and get Deus Ex Human Revolution Directors Cut or Pikmin 3 or Injustice Gods Among Us all are coming out for Wii U in about 2 months and all of them look amazing, Deus Ex definatly is, I've played it before on my 360.

#20 Ashurii

Ashurii

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:16 PM

I would go with Lego and Spiderman myself. Spiderman is fun with the robot battles and free roam. 

Jontron.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!