GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:55 AM

I love how when there are positive Wii U threads, most people (like GAMER1984) ignore them, but any type of negativity, and the doom and gloom people come rushing in to talk about how much trouble Wii U is in. Hmmm...

I'm fair minded and objective. S excuse me if I'm not head over hills that Nintendo is doing all they can to court indie devs and uk sales increased 125% in the last week( about the Only good news as of late). After giving this company my money for 20+ years I will say what I feel. Truth is for e core gamer ones who check websites like this everyday there hasn't been much good news lately. If there was please enlighten me. The truth is out and Nintendo is being silent... Is that good or bad?

Edited by GAMER1984, 29 March 2013 - 10:57 AM.

#22 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:56 AM

I really hope a third party uses Unreal 4 on Wii U just to shut Epic's faces up.

Or Nintendo.  That would make them look absolutely silly.

#23 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:59 AM

Or Nintendo.  That would make them look absolutely silly.

Yes, Com'on Reggie  Nintendo are usually so humble and  take abuse without retaliation, it'd be nice for Reggie to show Metroid Prime 4 running on Unreal 4 Engine and looking like the latest demo!

#24 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:01 AM

Yes, Com'on Reggie  Nintendo are usually so humble and  take abuse without retaliation, it'd be nice for Reggie to show Metroid Prime 4 running on Unreal 4 Engine and looking like the latest demo!

Considering the art talent they have at Retro and other studios, it would probably look better, not technically, but artistically.

#25 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:02 AM

I'm fair minded and objective. S excuse me if I'm not head over hills that Nintendo is doing all they can to court indie devs and uk sales increased 125% in the last week( about the Only good news as of late). After giving this company my money for 20+ years I will say what I feel. Truth is for e core gamer ones who check websites like this everyday there hasn't been much good news lately. If there was please enlighten me. The truth is out and Nintendo is being silent... Is that good or bad?

The problem with this is that this is not the first time in Nintendo's history this has happened. How many times have people predicted the downfall of Nintendo? I seem to recall a ton of excitement back when that one Nintendo direct revealed a bunch of Wii U games. But of course, everybody forgets good things like that when Nintendo is doomed. Am I doing it right yet?

#26 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:03 AM

I'm sad guys I really am. All i wanted from Nintendo is to make a console that comparable and able to get games from next gen. At this point we don't know what the Wii U is capable of but man it seem 3rd parties are going out of their way to make it seem as if its not. It just doesn't look good... And Nintendo isn't saying anything to defend the console. Why be so damn quiet and secretive? All these new engine, tech demos and not one damn mention of Wii U. We know watchdogs is up and running on Wii U but ubisoft hasn't said a damn thing about it. I just don't have faith right now. E3 will be the biggest surprise and put Nintendo back on the mind of core players or it will cement them as a laughing stock of this gen just like last.

#27 Zombies8MyDuck

Zombies8MyDuck

Blooper

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • NNID:Zombies8MyDuck
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:03 AM

Well I love my wii u and am considering not buying a ps4/nextbox because i have had more fun playing with friends on the wii u than i ever have had on the consoles. at least nintendo make there own games that are good than the crap that ps4 will have like fifa and cod.

To bring it back on topic i don't give s**t about grapics or engine or whatever if i have fun thats all that matters.

Edited by Zombies8MyDuck, 29 March 2013 - 11:04 AM.

#28 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:04 AM

I'm sad guys I really am. All i wanted from Nintendo is to make a console that comparable and able to get games from next gen. At this point we don't know what the Wii U is capable of but man it seem 3rd parties are going out of their way to make it seem as if its not. It just doesn't look good... And Nintendo isn't saying anything to defend the console. Why be so damn quiet and secretive? All these new engine, tech demos and not one damn mention of Wii U. We know watchdogs is up and running on Wii U but ubisoft hasn't said a damn thing about it. I just don't have faith right now. E3 will be the biggest surprise and put Nintendo back on the mind of core players or it will cement them as a laughing stock of this gen just like last.

Third parties will never flock to Nintendo again, get used to it. It has been like this after the SNES. This is why being a multiplatform gamer pays off, you don't miss the gems of each generation.

#29 thechamp80

thechamp80

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:05 AM

Wow. If you thought the Wii U's 3rd party situation looked bad now it's going to be ridiculous in a year or so. Good thing I only bought mine for 1st party games.

#30 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:05 AM

Considering the art talent they have at Retro and other studios, it would probably look better, not technically, but artistically.

I can imagine the last game at E3 *silence on the floor, the lights dim down*

*Bass hum as the Nintendo logo comes up followed by Retro's then Unreal 4's Logo*

Gasps fill the room.

*The bass hum turns into the rumble of Samus' ship in beautiful Unreal 4 detail......*

Epic CEO's face goes bright red 

Edited by Penguin101, 29 March 2013 - 11:07 AM.

#31 thechamp80

thechamp80

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:07 AM

Well I love my wii u and am considering not buying a ps4/nextbox because i have had more fun playing with friends on the wii u than i ever have had on the consoles. at least nintendo make there own games that are good than the crap that ps4 will have like fifa and cod.

To bring it back on topic i don't give s**t about grapics or engine or whatever if i have fun thats all that matters.

You sound pretty uneducated. Sony and Microsoft don't make COD and Fifa. That would be Activision and EA. Sony's first party offerings over the last few years have trumped anything Nintendo has put out or Microsoft for that matter.

#32 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:09 AM

To be honest other than laughing he said nothing wrong since remember ue4 is an upgrade of ue3 "which they update like every month and so ue3 and ue4 is the same engine just ue4 has some better graphical effects ,but since the wiiu cant run said effect "remember ps4 is struggling with them" their is no point in having ue4 on wiiu since it would be ue3 except in name not to mention both engines because of that are are most likely compatible with each other.

Edited by The Lonely Koopa, 29 March 2013 - 11:16 AM.

#33 thechamp80

thechamp80

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:11 AM

To be honest other than laughing he said nothing wrong since remember ue4 is an upgrade of ue3 "we they update like every month and so ue3 and ue4 is the same engine just ue4 has some better graphical effects but since the wiiu cant run said effect "remember ps4 is struggling with them" their no point in having ue4 on wiiu since it would be ue3 except in name not to mention both engines because of that are chances are compatible with each other.

Damn. I should report this post for grammar.

#34 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:12 AM

@EpicGames #UE4 doesn't scale well Doesn't scale to Wii U. Not worth investing in.

one of the philfish tweeting guys tweeted this at epic, lul.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#35 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

thechamp80, on 29 Mar 2013 - 14:16, said:Damn. I should report this post for grammar.

Why dont you be constructive ; I'm using the wiiu to reply.

#36 Zombies8MyDuck

Zombies8MyDuck

Blooper

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • NNID:Zombies8MyDuck
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

You sound pretty uneducated. Sony and Microsoft don't make COD and Fifa. That would be Activision and EA. Sony's first party offerings over the last few years have trumped anything Nintendo has put out or Microsoft for that matter.

Exccuuuussssseeee me bi*ch? You don't know me, for all you know i could have been dropped as a baby. You can't go round saying that i'm uneducated. Just because i have my own opinion saying that nintendo have better first party than sony. 

tbh animal crossing>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>anything sony have made.

#37 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:16 AM

I can imagine the last game at E3 *silence on the floor, the lights dim down*

*Bass hum as the Nintendo logo comes up followed by Retro's then Unreal 4's Logo*

Gasps fill the room.

*The bass hum turns into the rumble of Samus' ship in beautiful Unreal 4 detail......*

Epic CEO's face goes bright red 

I would probably soil myself with excitement.

#38 thechamp80

thechamp80

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:17 AM

Exccuuuussssseeee me bi*ch? You don't know me, for all you know i could have been dropped as a baby. You can't go round saying that i'm uneducated. Just because i have my own opinion saying that nintendo have better first party than sony. 

tbh animal crossing>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>anything sony have made.

I meant about the situation. You made it seem like all Sony and Microsoft had going for it was COD and Fifa and that those companies made it. Also, Animal Crossing is an alright game series, but to compare it to Sony's 1st party offerings is pretty laughable.

#39 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Trumped how?  Nintendo still owns the top 20 in sales charts with first party games.

#40 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

The problem with this is that this is not the first time in Nintendo's history this has happened. How many times have people predicted the downfall of Nintendo? I seem to recall a ton of excitement back when that one Nintendo direct revealed a bunch of Wii U games. But of course, everybody forgets good things like that when Nintendo is doomed. Am I doing it right yet?

Well if you actually read comments I have made before accusing me of things. I've said Nintendo isn't doomed and sales will pick up when bigger games come out. Like a friend of mine just said never ever doubt Nintendo. But something's seem to be out of their hand right now. To me it seems like Major publishers are going out of their way to make the console seem irrelevant. Ubisoft is showing very good support but they aren't hyping the system and what it can do. I'm just scared right now..... Their silence is killing me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!