• Please log in to reply
230 replies to this topic

#61 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:35 AM

Nintendo will be just fine! My god people are ridiculous! Epic needs to get their thumb out of their arse and start developing for the U since it will have the biggest install base. UE4 isn't anything to brag about, its UE4 with some slightly better effects and made for more difficult hardware to work with . Wii U games will probably actually look better in some cases because of the fact that developers will pretty much just use their old engines and refine them for wii u .

WII U IS NEXT GEN PEOPLE STOP WHINING

the wii u is a bit cr_p, its going to be good for VC on the gamepad and zelda, sorry but thats it

LOL because one engine with no games working on it means Wii U has no third party games? u have to be kidding!?

Signature_Fox.png

#62 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:35 AM

Yeah man. Uncharted, Last of Us, Infamous, God of War, Littlebigplanet,  Killzone, Resistance, Ratchet and Clank, Shadow of the Colossus, Ico, Jak and Daxter are all just terrible games.

They aren't terrible games, but they aren't Metroid, SMB, Zelda, Kirby, F-Zero, Yoshi, Smash Bros., Mario Kart, Donkey Kong, etc

Shadow of the Colossus was my favorite game you listed.  Last of Us is incredible, but....

The rest of them I don't personally enjoy, though I enjoyed parts of.

#63 thechamp80

thechamp80

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:36 AM

Nintendo will go from hoping for ports of PS3/360 games to begging for downscaled versions of PS4/720 games. It's going to be tough.

#64 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:36 AM

Yeah man. Uncharted, Last of Us, Infamous, God of War, Littlebigplanet,  Killzone, Resistance, Ratchet and Clank, Shadow of the Colossus, Ico, Jak and Daxter are all just terrible games.

no but fairly boring compared to Nintendo titles.

Signature_Fox.png

#65 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:37 AM

Nintendo will go from hoping for ports of PS3/360 games to begging for downscaled versions of PS4/720 games. It's going to be tough.

Those games will have no need to be "downscaled".  Your head, pull it out of your rear.

#66 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

slightly downscaled with gamepad support which I would more likely enjoy than a unnoticeably better looking version of a game.

Signature_Fox.png

#67 thechamp80

thechamp80

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 112 posts

Ok. I'll stop trolling for now. But really I love Nintendo games. It just ticks me off to see them in this situation. If Pokemon/Mario ever goes 3rd party my soul will die.

Edited by thechamp80, 29 March 2013 - 11:38 AM.

#68 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:38 AM

Ok. I'll stop trolling for now. But really I love Nintendo games. It just facilitates me off to see them in this situation. If Pokemon/Mario ever goes 3rd party my soul will die.

Agreed.

slightly downscaled with gamepad support which I would more likely enjoy than a unnoticeably better looking version of a game.

No, not downscaled at all.  

#69 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:39 AM

You guys shouldn't argue if you are going to act like five year old kids. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#70 PipoPito

PipoPito

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic, Metroid, Pokemon, Ape Escape

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:39 AM

... Oh well. Sure its bad, but were getting other games right? (If the next Batman game doesnt come ti the wii u just because of ue4 then im hunting epic and whoever is gonna develop the game down.)
Old Usernames: Pipopito, Great Mighty Poo , Pit.

#71 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:41 AM

I have a question does everybody on here hate me : I know I tend to not get on very often but I just want to help clear stuff up and yet I feel i'm unwelcomed.

#72 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:43 AM

Agreed.

No, not downscaled at all.  

maybe we will see

I have a question does everybody on here hate me : I know I tend to not get on very often but I just want to help clear stuff up and yet I feel i'm unwelcomed.

I don't, its just when people get into heated arguments sometimes they get out of control :l

Signature_Fox.png

#73 Goodtwin

Goodtwin

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:43 AM

POPULAR

I will be interested to see if the rumors about Retro developing a Wii U specific game engine for others to license are true or not.  If Retro shows off something at E3 that is really amazing, and then they announce that the game engine will be available to Wii U developers, that could be huge.  The issue with the UE4 not coming to Wii U is that if a developer is creating a game for PS4/720 and uses the engine, they wont bring it to Wii U. 

Nintendo has always been successful based on its unique exclusive content, and instead of trying to make their "weaknesses" stronger, make your strengths even stronger.  They arent going to improve their third party multi plat situation enough to really make a big difference, but they can work to increase the number of quality exclusives on Wii U.  Not just with internal development projects, but by working with more and more independent third party developers, like they have done with Platinum games with Wonderful 101 and Baynonetta.  Embrace being the "alternative" and not the "me too" console.  Two is company but three is a crowd.  We dont need three consoles offering the same exact thing.  Embrace being different, and if you offering enough quality content, there will be plenty of consumers who will be willing ot buy your product. 

#74 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:45 AM

I will be interested to see if the rumors about Retro developing a Wii U specific game engine for others to license are true or not.  If Retro shows off something at E3 that is really amazing, and then they announce that the game engine will be available to Wii U developers, that could be huge.  The issue with the UE4 not coming to Wii U is that if a developer is creating a game for PS4/720 and uses the engine, they wont bring it to Wii U. 

Nintendo has always been successful based on its unique exclusive content, and instead of trying to make their "weaknesses" stronger, make your strengths even stronger.  They arent going to improve their third party multi plat situation enough to really make a big difference, but they can work to increase the number of quality exclusives on Wii U.  Not just with internal development projects, but by working with more and more independent third party developers, like they have done with Platinum games with Wonderful 101 and Baynonetta.  Embrace being the "alternative" and not the "me too" console.  Two is company but three is a crowd.  We dont need three consoles offering the same exact thing.  Embrace being different, and if you offering enough quality content, there will be plenty of consumers who will be willing ot buy your product. 

Well said

#75 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:49 AM

Robotic Sunshine Commander, on 29 Mar 2013 - 14:48, said:maybe we will see

I don't, its just when people get into heated arguments sometimes they get out of control :l

I know but I wasn't even participating in an argument, I was just talking about how porting the ue4 wouldn't make sense since than it would essentially be ue3 with a better workflow since the wiiu wont be able to effectively use the new ue4 effects not to mention some UE3.9 effect may give the wiiu trouble Since UE3.9 is far from primitive "look at samaritan tech demo"

#76 Byakuya Togami

Byakuya Togami

Hallowed Be Thy Name

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:53 AM

i hate u

Edited by Laughing Octopus, 29 March 2013 - 11:53 AM.

#77 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:56 AM

i hate u

Ouch. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#78 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:56 AM

If I could like this a million times, I would. People just love concentrating on the negative aspects and rarely look at the positives.

#79 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:01 PM

the beginning of the end ?

#80 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:02 PM

Robotic Sunshine Commander, on 29 Mar 2013 - 14:48, said:maybe we will see

I know but I wasn't even participating in an argument, I was just talking about how porting the ue4 wouldn't make sense since than it would essentially be ue3 with a better workflow since the wiiu wont be able to effectively use the new ue4 effects not to mention some UE3.9 effect may give the wiiu trouble Since UE3.9 is far from primitive "look at samaritan tech demo"

I agree!

Signature_Fox.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!