#21 Crispy Bacon

Crispy Bacon

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:37 PM

The only way I could see Nintendo going back to being highly competitive on a tech level would be for the sole sake of pleasing third-party devs and western developers that have been reluctant to show support for their systems. They want all that POWAAHH!!!!

Posted Image

#22 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:45 PM

How about paying 349.99 for s console slightly under powered then the other consoles? Kinda like what is happening ...

^This, Quoted for truth.

#23 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:52 PM

No it wasn't. It was ugly as he'll and looked like a Fisher Price toy. Nintendo should have done a lot better with the design and build quality.

345_ps2.png

Bro, I'd rather have a lunchbox than a wannabe book.

I mean, look at this...

Posted Image

#24 SoldMyWiiU

SoldMyWiiU

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:31 PM

The only Sony console i ever owned..

345_ps2.png

I mean, look at this...

#25 itsdavebaby

itsdavebaby

Blooper

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • Fandom:
    Futurama

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:39 PM

I really liked the look of the Gamecube but the Panasonic Q dvd playing version was more stylish.

PanasonicQ.jpg
I think Nintendo would have been better to have designed the wii u to be more powerful sacrificing wii compatibility if they had to. What's done is done though. Probably another 5 years plus before we see the next Nintendo home console so the wii u will have to do for now. It's a huge power increase over wii and fully capable of delivering some truly terrifc games especially with all the extra features that the gamepad adds. Great times ahead I'm sure just disappointing that the wii u will be left behind with regard multi-format titles.

As I was reading this, I was thinking the same, you beat me to it.

#26 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:16 AM

345_ps2.png
I mean, look at this...

I wouldn't. At the end of the day its all down to personal taste. To me that looks a million times better then the GameCube. That said the new PS3 Slim is probably the worst console design ever and extremely cheap looking to boot. The previous PS3 slim and the current Xbox 360 slim as well as the Wii and Wii U are some of the best designed consoles in my opinion.

Edited by Gamejunkie, 03 April 2013 - 08:19 AM.

#27 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:43 AM

I wouldn't. At the end of the day its all down to personal taste. To me that looks a million times better then the GameCube. That said the new PS3 Slim is probably the worst console design ever and extremely cheap looking to boot. The previous PS3 slim and the current Xbox 360 slim as well as the Wii and Wii U are some of the best designed consoles in my opinion.

The 360 Slim is my favorite console design.  The original PS3 was much better looking than the original 360, IMO, but I agree with you on the PS3 slim.

#28 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:09 PM

First of all, i loved my GC. Had a blast with it and i really liked the design. It was weird, yes, but i liked it!

Nintendo is not afraid of making a console more powerful than the competition. It`s just that in the end it`s a choice that doesn`t pay off.

N64 was more powerful than the newcomer playstation and it was outsold by 3:1; GC was more powerful than the PS2 and it got outsold by infinity:1; PS3 and Xbox 360 were way more powerful and Wii still outsold them and made Nintendo way more Money than those two consoles put together.

Nowdays, making a powerful means huge losses for years to come. It`s not like the old days anymore.
MS and Sony might have something to offset those losses but Nintendo doesn`t. At the end of a generation like this one, even if Nintendo outsold the competition it would bring in little Money or even losses. That`s not a business that is good for a company like Nintendo.
Yes, Nintendo has Money in the bank, but it answers to shareholders and without other means of offsetting losses, it would be bad to build confidence in Nintendo`s stock.

Iwata made a choice: profts instead of losses. It`s that simple.
When this generation is over, even if Wii U finishes last, it will probably have made Nintendo more Money than PS4 and Xbox 3.

#29 Eskimo_sam

Eskimo_sam

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:08 PM

i liked the gamecubes design and look that purple.

#30 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:22 PM

^This, Quoted for truth.

Thanks! ^_^
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#31 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:53 PM

I think the OP's point here is that if the Wii U is the weakest console, it won't get many 3rd party games. While I agree that a lack of power often deters developers, I think we'll have some amazing 1st party games soon enough.

Another thing I'd like to say is that the Wii U isn't weak in the slightest. Now, I've never really played on an Xbox 360 or PS3 before. Nor have I played any games on a high-end gaming PC. But I was amazed at how good Nintendo Land looked. Just think. If that's how good a release title looks, how amazing are Wii U games a year or so down the road gonna look? :)

Wii U will get 3rd party as long as the devs decide it's worth it. The Wii U's power is nowhere near as far behind as it was last gen (wii got destroyed power-wise) and it's all down to whether the devs can be bothered scaling their games slightly.

Edited by R00bot, 03 April 2013 - 07:54 PM.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#32 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:08 PM

345_ps2.png
I mean, look at this...

HATER.

#33 Repsys7

Repsys7

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:18 PM

Nintendo just need to get someone in who understands the western world, they might be able to market and sell anything to Japan but lets be honest the western marketing for the Wii U (should definitely not be called that) was pretty bad.

#34 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:23 PM

For god same man it hasn't even been a year.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#35 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:43 PM

For god same man it hasn't even been a year.

Seriously, its only been 4 months and there are people here jumping on hare trains, threatening to sell their consoles, and generally getting angry and for what?  There are games to play, if none of them suit you, wait until some do, or switch do a different platform while you wait for the games you are waiting for.

#36 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:47 AM

The 360 Slim is my favorite console design. The original PS3 was much better looking than the original 360, IMO, but I agree with you on the PS3 slim.

The original 360 was awful not to mention my first two broke due to the infamous red ring issue. I now have a 360 slim which is far better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!