Photo

Wii U port of Deus Ex: Human Revolution "is sharper than the PC version" says SE

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#21 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:01 AM

I'm on the Deus Ex official Facebook and the number of PC, PS3 and 360 fanboys that are butthurt because this isn't getting ported to their consoles is absolutely incredible if you're on facebook check it out!

#22 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:40 AM

I'm on the Deus Ex official Facebook and the number of PC, PS3 and 360 fanboys that are butthurt because this isn't getting ported to their consoles is absolutely incredible if you're on facebook check it out!

And these are the very same people who whine about Nintendo consoles never having any games aside from Mario. Typical.

#23 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:49 AM

bayonetta 3 ?

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#24 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:03 AM

Yeah, lots of angst from the PC crowd.  Shame I'm actually part of that community

#25 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:08 AM

Yeah, lots of angst from the PC crowd.  Shame I'm actually part of that community

I don't get it.
It'll be like $5 next sale for PC, meanwhile it'll remain like 60 on wii u for years.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#26 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:31 AM

I don't get it.
It'll be like $5 next sale for PC, meanwhile it'll remain like 60 on wii u for years.

They're upset over the boss fight improvements.  Which is natural for a remake to have enhancements.  I don't get it either.  I have the game for PC and it was brilliant, there isn't any need for this whining.

#27 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:32 AM

The use of the gamepad seems the biggest improvement but clearly it would be great to see some visual improvements in the game hopefully not at the expense of frame rates. Maybe this will be the first wii u game to show marked improvement over 360 and PS3 in all areas. Lets hope it sells well enough that over publishers and developers keep developing for wii u.

I've got the 360 version and haven't even started it yet though.

Need for speed beat deus ex to the punch in terms of improvements in all areas. The wii u destroys the 360 there. Destroys.

Destroys.

And deus ex is more about art direction than it is about actual graphics quality (though the graphics are certainly nice). The OC version didn't look much better than the console version. But the wii u version appears to use enhance the pc game. Not actual graphics upgrades. Just using a couple new tricks. Add in the gamepad and various fixes and this is the best version of the game.

Sales would go nuclear of it wasn't already played out. It is one of the best games ever though. I might pick it up for wii u just to replay the definitive version.

Can't wait for the next Deus Ex on Wii U.

Games like It and Watch Dogs are definitely the kind that reel you in and take over your life. For as long as the game lasts anyway. Lol

Deus ex: hr had me mind locked into coming home and playing it for hours on end every day for weeks. Kept thinking how genius it was.

Wii u fans everywhere need this game.

If you haven't played it, do yourself a favor and get it. It's that good.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 04 April 2013 - 11:41 AM.

#28 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:20 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if both this and the Wii U version of Need For Speed get released as director's cuts on the PS4 and Xbox successor.

#29 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:56 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if both this and the Wii U version of Need For Speed get released as director's cuts on the PS4 and Xbox successor.

Kinda hard to do a directors cut of a directors cut.  They should already be working on the next NFS for all of the next gen consoles (maybe not MS).  Keep in mind most of the added features cannot be replicated on either of the other consoles AFAWK, they rely very heavily on the gamepad.  The most I can see them doing is updating the boss fights through DLC on PC.

#30 Goodtwin

Goodtwin

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:41 AM

The game looks cool, and its awesome that they are making all the improvements, but I hope they keep their expectations for sales pretty low.  This is a good opportunity to help build a consumer base  for your future titles, but expecting more a 200k in sales is just setting yourself up for dissapointment. 

#31 itsdavebaby

itsdavebaby

Blooper

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • Fandom:
    Futurama

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:27 PM

Anyone know expected release date?

#32 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:15 AM

Kinda hard to do a directors cut of a directors cut. They should already be working on the next NFS for all of the next gen consoles (maybe not MS). Keep in mind most of the added features cannot be replicated on either of the other consoles AFAWK, they rely very heavily on the gamepad. The most I can see them doing is updating the boss fights through DLC on PC.

I think you misunderstand what I said. What I was saying is that they could bring the Wii U version of Need For Speed to the other new next gen consoles as a director's cut and port the Wii U Deus Ex director's cut to them as well. I'm sure a lot of the additional features can be included on those consoles as they will be a lot more powerful then their current counter parts. As for second screen functionality the PS4 coud absolutely do it in conjunction with the Vita. They may not be possible on the Xbox successor although this is where they could possibly use the Smart Glass technology using tablets and smart phones. The functionality could be optional for those who have the hardware to make use of it.

Edited by Gamejunkie, 06 April 2013 - 07:17 AM.

#33 ElderKnight77

ElderKnight77

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • Fandom:
    anything Nintendo

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:28 PM

I think you misunderstand what I said. What I was saying is that they could bring the Wii U version of Need For Speed to the other new next gen consoles as a director's cut and port the Wii U Deus Ex director's cut to them as well. I'm sure a lot of the additional features can be included on those consoles as they will be a lot more powerful then their current counter parts. As for second screen functionality the PS4 coud absolutely do it in conjunction with the Vita. They may not be possible on the Xbox successor although this is where they could possibly use the Smart Glass technology using tablets and smart phones. The functionality could be optional for those who have the hardware to make use of it.

That's why I think the Vita/PS4 connection is destinted to fail!!! Add-on devices (especially ones that cost $250-$300--vita) never become viable on consoles; you could see how well the Move is for example.  Unless they start bundling the Vita with the PS4 (an expensive endeavor) I wouldn't hold my breath on how much support that will get for Sony's new console.  Also, it's not like the Vita is a rousing success for Sony; in fact it's constantly getting it's butt whooped by the more innovative 3DS!

#34 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:49 AM

That's why I think the Vita/PS4 connection is destinted to fail!!! Add-on devices (especially ones that cost $250-$300--vita) never become viable on consoles; you could see how well the Move is for example.  Unless they start bundling the Vita with the PS4 (an expensive endeavor) I wouldn't hold my breath on how much support that will get for Sony's new console.  Also, it's not like the Vita is a rousing success for Sony; in fact it's constantly getting it's butt whooped by the more innovative 3DS!

Well that's probably a discussion for another thread. In fact its probably already been discussed before at some point. Just to add going by Sony's PS4 presentation they seem to have a much bigger focus regards connectivity between it and the Vita in various ways including streaming games and other content. We will have to wait and see how that works out for them.

#35 GhostDrive

GhostDrive

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:58 AM

I really, really, hope this game does well. Looks like the team working on it is doing it some justice. This is the kind of game the Wii U needs, Godspeed Deus Ex!

#36 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:49 PM

Same guys did the ME3 port for the Wii U right? If they keep bringing quality ports to the Wii U, I think Nintendo ought to pick these guys up.

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#37 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:02 PM

Vita will not be used as a second screen the same way the gamepad is used.  No touchscreen, and the entire premise of their approach is serving the video offscreen, they won't be able to provide separate views on a second screen, if it was as easy as streaming some video over the network Nintendo would not have had the engineering issues they did with input lag, screen tearing, etc.  The Vita integration is a "me-too" from Sony, and a halfarsed one at that.

There is little incentive to build features into a game based on an optional control, especially a $250 optional control.  Smartglass could work with it, and that was Microsoft's "me-too" after the Wii U reveal, but Smartglass is extremely limited in functionality and require Windows8 tablets to function correctly.

Don't get too ahead of yourself assuming that VITA integration is anything more than their token off-screen function, that will most likely not work without a large amount of input lag.

#38 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:45 AM

Vita will not be used as a second screen the same way the gamepad is used.  No touchscreen, and the entire premise of their approach is serving the video offscreen, they won't be able to provide separate views on a second screen, if it was as easy as streaming some video over the network Nintendo would not have had the engineering issues they did with input lag, screen tearing, etc.  The Vita integration is a "me-too" from Sony, and a halfarsed one at that.

There is little incentive to build features into a game based on an optional control, especially a $250 optional control.  Smartglass could work with it, and that was Microsoft's "me-too" after the Wii U reveal, but Smartglass is extremely limited in functionality and require Windows8 tablets to function correctly.

Don't get too ahead of yourself assuming that VITA integration is anything more than their token off-screen function, that will most likely not work without a large amount of input lag.

I disagree with everything you said. You're just making assumptions about the functionality without giving it a chance whilst I believe that with the PS4 and Vita it may well be possible to replicate what the Wii U does. Yes the difference is that the Vita will not be something included with the PS4 and it costs a few hundred dollars but that doesn't mean it isn't technically possible or that it will cost too much in time and resources to include the options for Vita use as a secondary screen. The same goes for Smart Glass. If you want to be cynical or just don't believe that's your choice. I choose not to go that direction. Sony have already shown how this functionality can be included with LittleBigPlanet 2 on the PS3 and LittleBigPlanet on the Vita. The power of the PS4 will likely make this more of a reality. I prefer to give Sony the benefit of the doubt and a chance to prove themselves. As for Microsoft I'm not too bothered either way.

#39 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:06 PM

I disagree with everything you said. You're just making assumptions about the functionality without giving it a chance whilst I believe that with the PS4 and Vita it may well be possible to replicate what the Wii U does. Yes the difference is that the Vita will not be something included with the PS4 and it costs a few hundred dollars but that doesn't mean it isn't technically possible or that it will cost too much in time and resources to include the options for Vita use as a secondary screen. The same goes for Smart Glass. If you want to be cynical or just don't believe that's your choice. I choose not to go that direction. Sony have already shown how this functionality can be included with LittleBigPlanet 2 on the PS3 and LittleBigPlanet on the Vita. The power of the PS4 will likely make this more of a reality. I prefer to give Sony the benefit of the doubt and a chance to prove themselves. As for Microsoft I'm not too bothered either way.

I can tell very easily that the Vita cannot replicate what the Wii U does.   The Vita will be limited to a FMV streaming role, with some input capability, but it will be limited to using local wifi to get the job done, and unless they've included logic to ensure that two separate POV's can be rendered to each screen simultaneously they haven't scratched the surface of the gamepad functionality.  Also, because it is so expensive, and sales are so poor, developers won't bother putting the functionality into a game unless Sony themselves spend even more of their dwindling operating cash to convince them to build it into that version of the game.  It wouldn't be as easy as just porting features from Wii U, either, because there are two different approaches using different network technologies, one with extremely variable conditions based on an individuals' network.  They can't guarantee that it will work, and they won't be able to deliver a completely lag free experience, without upping the cost of the PS4 dramatically to R&D that capability into their basically OTS GPU.  That would be too much of a gamble for Sony to bet on, considering they have considered discontinuing the Vita because it is still costing them a lot of money.

They have the chance to prove themselves, but they have always shown in the past that they aren't worth the benefit of the doubt, because they always over promise and under deliver.

#40 dvl666

dvl666

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:11 AM

If anyone in the UK is interested this seems a great price http://www.shopto.ne...f1c6f7b8dd67f86

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!