Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:15 AM

"I turn 61 this year," said Miyamoto. "So I'm at an age where as I look around at people who work in different companies and they're all reaching an age where they're thinking about retirement, I guess people might expect me to be thinking of retiring.

"But at the same time, I look at the work that I'm doing, and the fun that I'm having - this is something that I can still continue to do for a long time." He smiles. "You know, possibly until I die."

Despite this, Miyamoto is preparing his staff for a future without him. "One thing that's very important for me is to make sure that Nintendo as a company can continue to create products even if I'm not there. So one of the things that I continually say to my teams is 'Pretend like I'm not here. I'm not going help you.'"

http://www.officialn...ng-until-i-die/

Great news... I can't Imagine Nintendo without Miyamoto. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Occult Satanist

Occult Satanist

Tenzō of the Wood Release

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:21 AM

Just another reason why Nintendo is a great company 

wjapt2.jpg

#3 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:24 AM

Lol thought this was going to end up another Nintendo hate topc

#4 Blade of Dyna

Blade of Dyna

Spear Guy

• Banned
  • 84 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kirby and Zelda

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:54 AM

Miyamoto doesnt need to go anywhere, Iwata does

#5 xBASSxMONSTAx

xBASSxMONSTAx

Blooper

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Nintendo Legends

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:56 AM

Miyamoto is the reason I love Nintendo. He his one of a kind. No other company has an awesome leader.

Edited by xBASSxMONSTAx, 10 April 2013 - 06:58 AM.

#6 Goodtwin

Goodtwin

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:38 AM

Thank heavens.  Miyamoto has a stellar role at Nintendo.  He oversee's a lot of projects, and thats why the quality of Nintendo's IP's has stayed so high for so long. 

#7 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:44 AM

#8 Cyanotic

Cyanotic

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:47 AM

Although I do have a bit of respect for what Miyamoto has accomplished in his career, I feel as if the only way for Nintendo to truly get anywhere in the current gaming world is to force him into early retirement. Miyamoto is no different than those who still use AOL dial-up to access the internet. The rest of the world is passing by while he is stuck in a time warp.

He still lives in a fantasy world where it's 1992 and Nintendo is still at the top of the gaming pyramid. He still thinks that Nintendo can release a game where a plumber smashes blocks with his head and jumps on turtles and that everything will be ok. Who needs third party support when you own the rights to Mario, Zelda, and Metroid?

I must say I cannot fault the guy for wanting to live in the past, as the present and near future do not look good for Nintendo.

Can someone please explain to me how holding an awkward game controller with a standard definition screen, poor battery life and no mult point touch is supposed to be groundbreaking and cool? I really don't get it.

I know Miyamoto is more on the gaming side of things, but jesus... how can you not see from 10 miles away that it's a horrible gimmick? The whole tablet fad is just that... a fad that will pass... and why Nintendo wanted to offer such a poor one as it's console seller still makes me wince.

#9 Crispy Bacon

Crispy Bacon

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:53 AM

Add Reggie to that list too. Guy is clueless and NOA has been crap for a while now. He's only good for internet memes.

Posted Image

#10 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:57 AM

Although I do have a bit of respect for what Miyamoto has accomplished in his career, I feel as if the only way for Nintendo to truly get anywhere in the current gaming world is to force him into early retirement. Miyamoto is no different than those who still use AOL dial-up to access the internet. The rest of the world is passing by while he is stuck in a time warp.

He still lives in a fantasy world where it's 1992 and Nintendo is still at the top of the gaming pyramid. He still thinks that Nintendo can release a game where a plumber smashes blocks with his head and jumps on turtles and that everything will be ok. Who needs third party support when you own the rights to Mario, Zelda, and Metroid?

I must say I cannot fault the guy for wanting to live in the past, as the present and near future do not look good for Nintendo.

Can someone please explain to me how holding an awkward game controller with a standard definition screen, poor battery life and no mult point touch is supposed to be groundbreaking and cool? I really don't get it.

I know Miyamoto is more on the gaming side of things, but jesus... how can you not see from 10 miles away that it's a horrible gimmick? The whole tablet fad is just that... a fad that will pass... and why Nintendo wanted to offer such a poor one as it's console seller still makes me wince.

You miss the point, he is a game designer, and a very good one.  The regional headquarters of Nintendo are responsible for third party support and business deals with outside entities, his sole focus, is the same as it has been for decades, to make games that offer great experiences and sell, and he has never failed to deliver.  He isn't the CEO of the company, he is just a game designer.  He is the reason Nintendo games are still higher quality experiences than most if not all third party attempts.

#11 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:04 AM

I remember the Internet's reaction to his "retirement". Made me sick.

He's doing good even now, and the longer he gets to show younger designers what he does the better for Nintendo, and the games I enjoy playing.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#12 Byakuya Togami

Byakuya Togami

Hallowed Be Thy Name

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:09 AM

Miyamoto is the reason I love Nintendo. He his one of a kind. No other company has an awesome leader.

Miyamoto isn't Nintendo's leader.

#13 Cyanotic

Cyanotic

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:11 AM

You miss the point, he is a game designer, and a very good one.  The regional headquarters of Nintendo are responsible for third party support and business deals with outside entities, his sole focus, is the same as it has been for decades, to make games that offer great experiences and sell, and he has never failed to deliver.  He isn't the CEO of the company, he is just a game designer.  He is the reason Nintendo games are still higher quality experiences than most if not all third party attempts.

I know he isn't the CEO... that's why I said "I know he is on the gaming side of things" but he definitely has a tremendous amount of pull within Nintendo... and if he was absolutely against the Wii U, it wouldn't exist.

Maybe he should try branching out from the Mario umbrella and try a new IP... something groundbreaking... something as big as Mario was in the 80's. That is what is will take to make Nintendo a serious player in the gaming landscape again

#14 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:20 AM

I hope someone cool like Sakurai takes his place. 

Signature_DK.png

#15 Crispy Bacon

Crispy Bacon

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:20 AM

Maybe he should try branching out from the Mario umbrella and try a new IP...

Hasn't there been talk in the last year or so that he is working on something new? I remember reading about it, but there wasn't a lot of info. All I remember was talk about water being a central theme for his game. Haven't heard anything since.

Posted Image

#16 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:22 AM

I agree. Iwata has made Nintendo too casual at times.I miss the days where it was just Miyamoto.

Signature_DK.png

#17 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:26 AM

I know he isn't the CEO... that's why I said "I know he is on the gaming side of things" but he definitely has a tremendous amount of pull within Nintendo... and if he was absolutely against the Wii U, it wouldn't exist.

Maybe he should try branching out from the Mario umbrella and try a new IP... something groundbreaking... something as big as Mario was in the 80's. That is what is will take to make Nintendo a serious player in the gaming landscape again

He doesn't have the pull you think in the hardware division.  He didn't want to be limited to 64MB of cartridge storage for the N64, yet it remained.  The game he was developing (OoT) required more internal memory to run properly than the N64 had, another issue that was only changed halfway through the lifecycle through the expansion pack.  MM wouldn't even run properly without it.

He developed all of the IPs that we know and love, and has brought up a new IP with pretty much every console.  They will have new IPs this time around as well.  Wii was the first console that Miymoto didn't have an all new IP for, but perhaps we get a new one with the Wii U.  We know we'll get service on all of the established ones that still sell like crazy.  I hope he brings something groundbreaking as well, only time will tell.  A Zelda title that challenges the established formula would be groundbreaking, as much as a new IP.  Either way we will always get quality games from him.

#18 Cyanotic

Cyanotic

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:32 AM

Well, I hope you are right.

#19 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:33 AM

Well, I hope you are right.

I hope so too, man.  I hope so, too.

A new IP from him would be EPIC, and we haven't had a new IP in nearly a decade from his purview.  I have to completely agree with you on that.  

#20 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:37 AM

I hope so too, man.  I hope so, too.

A new IP from him would be EPIC, and we haven't had a new IP in nearly a decade from his purview.  I have to completely agree with you on that.  

An IP revival would be cool too.

Signature_DK.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!