Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:10 AM

I was bored so I decided to do a review for Mortal Kombat for the Vita.

Mortal Kombat was revived in 2011 for the 360/PS3 and was a smash hit not just for it's over the top gore but for excellent gameplay. By 2012 the game sold so much and became so popular it was ported to Sony's new handheld, the PSVITA and became an excellent port for a couple of reasons,

1. It had all the DLC characters including Rain,Freddy Krueger,Kenshi,and Kratos from God Of War.

2. It had new mini games that utilized the PSVITA.

3. No passes required. Passes are annoying in fighting games laden with ragequitters anyway.

Now let's dive in to why I recommend this game.

Story Mode 10/10: A deep an engaging story with a gripping end. Way better than the story modes from Deadly Alliance and Armageddon.

Gameplay 9.5/10: Not the best I have ever seen in a fighting game but pretty damn close. It also has a combo list for the fatalities so you don't have to look them up(A first in the MK series).

Origionality 9/10. Although It still has the MK engine it still feels fresh. 

Replay 9.5: Plenty to unlock in the krypt plus two challenge towers and new minigames. It will previde hours and hours of entertainment.

Overall 9.5/10: An excellent port for a criminally over criticized system. I say pick it up unless you live in Australia where the game has been banned.

Signature_DK.png

#2 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:27 AM

Nice review there! I'm currently doing an Injustice Wii U review (Don't quote me on how i got it)

Its sort of embarrassing to see that the Vita has online passes. I mean its a handheld not a console. But I guess its not a bad idea to pick it up since Gamestop has ALOT of price cuts, last time i remember it was $10.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#3 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:37 AM

This game was definitely a solid port. The only downside for me was the fact that its graphics received a massive downgrade just to run on the Vita. (Just like virtually all of Vita's console ports.) I had the 360 version first, so I got used to those nice, shiny graphics. Then I get the Vita one and I'm all "WOAH, what happened?" Either way, the extra content definitely makes up for it, so no complaints here.

Edited by Gaymer, 13 April 2013 - 09:37 AM.

#4 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:39 AM

Nice review there! I'm currently doing an Injustice Wii U review (Don't quote me on how i got it)

Its sort of embarrassing to see that the Vita has online passes. I mean its a handheld not a console. But I guess its not a bad idea to pick it up since Gamestop has ALOT of price cuts, last time i remember it was $10.

Are you subject to an NDA? 

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#5 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:49 AM

How is it embarrassing ? There is no logic in your comment. PS3 games have online passes so it stands to reason Vita games will too. In any case it's up to the individual publisher whether to have one or not. I'm not defending the practice just saying the Vita is no different even if its a portable.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Review, Injustice, Vita

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!