23 replies to this topic

#1 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:18 AM

Yes of course the Wii U will have a long and happy life, but when that life ends in x amount of years. What would you like to see?

My ideal 9th Gen console would be

CPU

6x core 2Ghz CPU based on Wii U's CPU with 64mb EDRAM

GPU

2.8 - 3 TFLOP 720, 1080, 2k (native), 4k (upscaled) supportive GPU - much like how Wii U can "support" 1080p but mainly works with 720p so far

RAM

12GB smartphone style DRAM 10GB (4GB used in Pmode) for games 2GB dedicated to OS 

Special Features

- Is both a portable 3DSXL style games system and a home console in one. Compatible with DS, 3DS and Next gen portable games. NO NEED TO BUY TWO NINTENDO CONSOLES!

- When clamshell is closed it can dock with a disc/USB3 base to enable it to be used as a home console system. 

- Works with Wii U gamepad in Home Mode (H Mode) Wii Remotes

- Uses Head and EyeTracking as an addition to how one plays games

- Uses Wii U OS with added features such as Nintendo Cloud

- Release Date November 2020

Thoughts? What are your ideas?

#2 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:32 AM

I believe we will see better specs than that, it is in 7 years after all and powers of computers are just flying right now.

I like having the 2 in 1 console thing, but some people might not, you should be able to buy separately.

I could see them keeping the gamepad. 

2020 isn't enough time to perfect head and eye-tracking for games, maybe for scrolling through movies but games are a whole different thing. (unless your scrolling through the menu).

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#3 caryrae73

caryrae73

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:41 AM

Who knows what will be available in a few years the way technology evolves. Maybe it will use something like Google Glass, right now it is expensive.

Edited by caryrae73, 15 April 2013 - 06:47 AM.

#4 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:58 AM

I believe we will see better specs than that, it is in 7 years after all and powers of computers are just flying right now.

I like having the 2 in 1 console thing, but some people might not, you should be able to buy separately.

I could see them keeping the gamepad. 

2020 isn't enough time to perfect head and eye-tracking for games, maybe for scrolling through movies but games are a whole different thing. (unless your scrolling through the menu).

I think that 2.8 - 3 TFLOPS in a GPU by 2020 would be affordable especially if this console is something you can just pick up and fit in your pocket. I also think that  if this forces Sony and Microsoft to make a 9th Gen console they'll wanna save money and only make a console with a GPU of 5 to 6 TFLOPS and maybe 24GB of RAM max. Bringing the gap even closer to around 2x the power of a Nintendo console. I honestly think Nintendo will want the bare minimum to produce 4k res graphics (if they choose 4k) for their system even if it's upscaled from Native 2k. 

I know some people prefer one or the other, but I don't know if people would complain about being able to have their next gen home console portable too?

I think 2020 would be fine, look at the leaps in technology we keep on making. Look at what the rumored Kinect 2 will be capable of. Imagine what would be available in 7 years time? :D

Edited by Penguin101, 15 April 2013 - 07:00 AM.

#5 Ashurii

Ashurii

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:04 AM

A system that lets you inject your own mind into the game system and live it would be fun

Jontron.jpg

#6 Alex Atkin UK

Alex Atkin UK

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:28 AM

There really is no point speculating as in 7 years time technology may be VASTLY more powerful than you predict, or it might be vastly LESS powerful than you predict today, it all depends on if they get around the limitations that is slowing the progression of faster and faster chips.  There is also the matter of what impact there may be on the industry if PC sales continue to fall.  Just far too many variables.

Sheffield 3DS | Steam & XBOX: Alex Atkin UK | PSN & WiiU: AlexAtkinUK

How to improve the Wii U download speed.

#7 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:35 AM

id say ruffly 7-10 years to next gen.

4 cores, 3ghz, 2-3 times per clock as 8 gen consuls, (now for looks)16 cores, 4ghz, same per clock as 8th gen.

GPU: 12TF, DX13 features 

RAM:20GB mid bandwith +100MB embed on CPU/GPU 

#8 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:46 AM

id say ruffly 7-10 years to next gen.

4 cores, 3ghz, 2-3 times per clock as 8 gen consuls, (now for looks)16 cores, 4ghz, same per clock as 8th gen.

GPU: 12TF, DX13 features 

RAM:20GB mid bandwith +100MB embed on CPU/GPU 

Lol maybe for the PS6 we'd get a 12TFLOP GPU :laugh: Not to say they wont be available in PCs just not in consoles. In fact I reckon the PS5 will be built into a smart phone with only a 6TFLOP GPU

Edited by Penguin101, 15 April 2013 - 11:47 AM.

#9 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:49 AM

honostly i dont see a PS6 untill there is a massive drop in development time, probly from tech alone. 

if so the generations will mean virtualy nothing but a excuse to sell a consul. also i say in about 7-10 years.  10th gen id expect in 25 years simply because all the extra power wont mean anything.

#10 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:50 AM

II don't think it's the consoles that need to change its developers, they need to stop trying to make games just for visuals and to get high ratings in magazines/websites, go back to making fun games.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#11 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:57 AM

Consoles need to bring new ideas in interactive entertainment to the table, people want to be able to take their home consoles wherever they go and not rely on things like cloud gaming and bad to no signal. They want new experiences generally over how things look, of course it's always nice to see more and more games look real - matching and blowing away film scripts and acting performances, as well as fun entertaining titles.

A mix of powerful hardware and innovative hardware can really help, and Nintendo does that best.

#12 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:33 PM

Wii U OS will suck by 2020. I hope Ninendo comes up with something entirely new. New hardware (nothing based on past consoles) and a new name. The Nintendo -----

#13 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:41 PM

Wii U OS will suck by 2020. I hope Ninendo comes up with something entirely new. New hardware (nothing based on past consoles) and a new name. The Nintendo -----

I like Nintendo's simplicity with its OS, hopefully the OS will constantly improve over the 8th Generation enough for just improvements in speed and stability for the 9th

#14 Zonark

Zonark

Blooper

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:43 PM

Wii U

#15 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:56 PM

NES.jpg

Signature_DK.png

#16 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:19 PM

I am going to make a more affordable system than urs...

quad IBM core at 1.8ghz

12 gigs of ddr3 ram

48mb of EDRAM

2.1 tflop GPU

but dont expect nintendo will do that for WII U2. I expect the following

6-8 gigs of ram

tri core or quad core IBM cpu @ 1.6ghz

1.1 tflop GPU

32mb of EDRAM

128 gigs of HDD

Ethernet port

e-sata port for external hdd.

#17 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:29 PM

Wii U

8th Gen. We are talking about 9th.

The Nintendo Omega. That name sends shivers down my spine.

II don't think it's the consoles that need to change its developers, they need to stop trying to make games just for visuals and to get high ratings in magazines/websites, go back to making fun games.

That's the way to go.

A system that lets you inject your own mind into the game system and live it would be fun

That would be fun.....and maybe possible by 2120. It's still fun to dream though.

Edited by Poison, 15 April 2013 - 03:27 PM.

Signature_DK.png

#18 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:58 PM

The Nintendo Omega.

[attachment=1903:image.jpg]

mispelled it but idc

#19 tangweihua

tangweihua

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:31 PM

look likes so great :laugh:

#20 Zonark

Zonark

Blooper

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:44 PM

I have come from future to tell you that I'm from the future and Nintendo will be naming the next console something like how the Nintendo 64 was named and some kid will get it for Christmas and scream NINTENDO Terafour and its code name is icebox

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!