Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:45 AM

Injustice: Gods Among Us is a 2D  fighting game developed by the creators of Mortal Kombat, with many fighting games last year trying to make their name at tournaments including Evo, can this fighter be in the ranks of competitive fighting game tournaments and intrigue gamers? Lets find out.

Lets begin on the main purpose of this game.

Gameplay: The gameplay is somewhat similar to Mortal Kombat 9 back in 2011 including the use of the environments around the stage, these can be triggered by pressing the (WiiU R) (PS3 R1) (360 RB) can lead to your fighter pressing a button releasing missiles, bouncing off an object around the screen position, shooting a missile launcher across the screen, pipes containing fire, ice or water,  (Super Strength characters) throwing a bigger object to your opponent, (Light Weights) Jump off the object for an escape, ect.
If you're a Mortal Kombat veteran, the blocking has changed to holding the opposite direction such as a way to block in Street Fighter or Tekken. There are dashes in the game that certain characters have, for example, Wonder Woman can air dash because she can fly but Batman can glide with his cape.  Back dashes however have invincibility frames of animation, such as if you're opponent attacks, there is a chance of dodging by back dashing. You can also create several juggles, ground or wall bounces to create a real damaging combo with also the use of the environment to create a unique combo and possibly gain more damage the further it goes on, There are special moves similar to any other fighting game and you can also use your meter to create an EX version of that move to have armor and the addition of Ultimate moves, again similar to any other fighting game.
With the use of the environment, you can also take the fight in another place in every stage, pressing (WiiU A) (PS3 X) (360 A) while holding backward in the far end of a certain stage, you knock your opponent to the next stage while your opponent is dealing damage along the way.
The final mechanic to talk about is the clash system called 'Wager System' This is triggered when you or your opponent is in a middle of a combo, the person taking damage can simply press (WiiU ZR) (PS3 R2) (360 RT) while pressing forward causes the 2 fighters to clash wagering their own super meter, this can lead to:
-No Meter or wagered the least - lose meter and health
-Both wagering the same amount - both lose meter with no health bonus
-Win the wager - Lose meter and gain health.

The neatest part about this game than any other fighter is that if you look at all their moves lists, it displays move data, how many start up frames, recovery frames, amount of damage, also telling you if the move is an overhead, mid, high or low attacks, unblockables. Its very useful stuff that tournament players always search in the internet, this game gives you it right off the back and i really appreciate that.

There are some challenges with each of the characters, It didn't really appeal to me but its an easier way to gain experience points, oh and online is just the same as any other fighter out there.

Story: Some of you know by now, NeatherRealm studios has created the best stories of any fighting game out there, MK VS DC, and Mortal Kombat 9 have been praised as the best story modes in fighting games. Luckily this also has a fantastic story and dialog. The story begins with Superman killing the Joker for revenge of nuking Metropolis and being manipulated killing his wife and son.

Now I do not want to spoil everything because I advise you, you have to play this story mode because this is a story you do not want to spoil or miss out, but If you're really curious then go ahead and click the spoiler button to continue.

Spoiler

They have an all star cast of voice actors, They got George Newbern playing Superman again, he is better known as the voice actor who did Sephiroth from Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children, Crisis Core and Kingdom Hearts II. Kevin Conroy as Batman again since he is the best Batman voice actor out there, Tara Strong as Harley Quinn, Killer Frost and Raven, Phil Lamarr as Aquaman, Khary Payton as Cyborg again since he was the best Cyborg from the Teen Titans TV show, this was really confusing but true, Troy Baker is playing Sinestro in this game. Now i know everyone automatically hates the new Joker because Mark Hamil isn't doing Joker anymore but Richard Epcar does a really good job as the Joker, he is also the same person who voiced Raiden in Mortal Kombat 9 and MK VS DC.
The dialog is entertaining and the best out there coming from the writers of NeatherRealm, it will make you laugh on some of the lines they say. What else can i say the story mode is the best of the best and is amazing for a fighting game to have a fantastic story.
If you played Mortal Kombat story 2 years ago then you know the story follows the same linear path playing a certain character facing 4 opponents, you do not chose what character, it does it for you.
There are these moments where you have to either deal damage to your next opponent, or dodge their attacks with quick time event button presses.

Graphics: They are the same as MK VS DC and MK9 which are fantastic for me. There's nothing else to say since its a fighting game that uses the environments really well when you use a super.

Sound: Top notch sound design and music, very fitting to the DC universe, not one soundtrack felt awkward.

Final Verdict: I gotta say, I was really wrong about this game, thinking that its just another fighting game to play for a little while but it really made me a fan of DC than just a Batman fan, now i did try the Wii U version and it felt pretty much the same but with quick combo touches similar to Super Street Fighter 4 3D edition, Tekken 3D Prime, and DOA Dimensions and Tekken Tag Tournament 2 on Wii U. Do not worry about the DLC costumes since Nintendo has pretty much confirmed that DLC is on the way in the eshop for this game. My final verdict for Injustice: Gods Among Us is a strong 9.0 out of 10. It is a fantastic game that you will not be disappointed with, especially the story of this game. But if you're a person like me that is getting 2 other games on that day I wouldn't blame you if you don't have enough money.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#2 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:56 AM

Very nice review, I have to agree with you that the story was very well done but extremely short (under 2 hours), when I finished it I kinda just sat and stared at the screen, because I wanted more but there wasnt anymore to play and I didnt want to replay through it again... It was a very sad dilemma

#3 Smertrius

Smertrius

Thwomp

• Members
  • 342 posts
  • NNID:smertrius
  • Fandom:
    nintendo videogames,

Posted 15 April 2013 - 12:50 PM

Injustice: Gods Among Us  since its 16s it beatemup /fighting game like Street Fighter or Tekken. but it wont be bloodly beatemup /fighting game like mortal kombat , besides mortal kombat games always 18s games

#4 ameritt

ameritt

Spiny

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Zelda, Fire Emblem

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:24 PM

Injustice: Gods Among Us  since its 16s it beatemup /fighting game like Street Fighter or Tekken. but it wont be bloodly beatemup /fighting game like mortal kombat , besides mortal kombat games always 18s games

What are you saying?

#5 galaga_z

galaga_z

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Anything Mario, Yoshi, Jesus

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:04 PM

Dude, you efffing rock!!!! Thanks so much for this review. Everything you mentioned is pretty much what I am expecting. You just hyped me up with this review. Thanks so much, dude. I'll kick your butt first thing tomorrow morning:)

Yoshi_signature_by_LiftedWing.png

#6 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:54 PM

Wow, an in-depth review! You did well on this one. Is the game fast paced though?
Posted Image

#7 Smertrius

Smertrius

Thwomp

• Members
  • 342 posts
  • Fandom:
    nintendo videogames,

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:18 AM

Injustice: Gods Among Us  since its 16s it beatemup /fighting game like Street Fighter or Tekken. but it wont be bloodly beatemup /fighting game like mortal kombat because it has no bloodly scenes and its not 18s,  so it cant be similar to mortal kombat  games like the review says, besides mortal kombat games always 18s games

#8 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:08 PM

I can so NOT wait for this game, I want it now!!!

#9 ameritt

ameritt

Spiny

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:31 PM

Injustice: Gods Among Us  since its 16s it beatemup /fighting game like Street Fighter or Tekken. but it wont be bloodly beatemup /fighting game like mortal kombat because it has no bloodly scenes and its not 18s,  so it cant be similar to mortal kombat  games like the review says, besides mortal kombat games always 18s games

The combat system is similar.  It's just not as bloody, with no fatalities and such.

#10 Smertrius

Smertrius

Thwomp

• Members
  • 342 posts
  • Fandom:
    nintendo videogames,

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:44 PM

with no bloody  scenes, no fights to the death and with no fatalities and such and its 16s not 18s how can be similar to mortal kombat

#11 galaga_z

galaga_z

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Anything Mario, Yoshi, Jesus

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:48 PM

I picked Injustice up this morning, and all I can say is...WOW! This game is absolutely stunning. 9.5 in my book. I hope you guys all buy it. Catwoman is the rainbowzzz!!!

Yoshi_signature_by_LiftedWing.png

#12 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:48 AM

How is the online play?

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#13 Nintyfan86

Nintyfan86

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:22 AM

I picked Injustice up this morning, and all I can say is...WOW! This game is absolutely stunning. 9.5 in my book. I hope you guys all buy it. Catwoman is the rainbowzzz!!!

Incredible game for any DC fan...the story alone is awesome. All of the unlockables give it tons of replay value, and it is very pick up and play. I love the special moves, each one has a 'wow factor'. 

#14 ameritt

ameritt

Spiny

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:32 PM

with no bloody  scenes, no fights to the death and with no fatalities and such and its 16s not 18s how can be similar to mortal kombat

The combat system, the fighting style is similar. The violence is just toned down

#15 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:37 PM

There is blood in the game, just not an overuse of it, which would make little sense in a DC game anyway.  Everything is similar to Mortal Kombat except the characters and the amount of blood.  

Very nice review, I have to agree with you that the story was very well done but extremely short (under 2 hours), when I finished it I kinda just sat and stared at the screen, because I wanted more but there wasnt anymore to play and I didnt want to replay through it again... It was a very sad dilemma

Hmmm, maybe its just cause I suck at fighting games, as much as I enjoy them, but it took me ~4 hours to get through the story mode completely.

#16 McMurphy

McMurphy

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • NNID:McMurphy
  • Fandom:
    Mario Kart, Dragon Quest

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:46 PM

Good review. Just reading about the game makes me want to dig my childhood comic book collection out from the back of the closet; particularly, the Superman "Armageddon: 2001" annual in which Batman kills a rogue Superman.

Superman_Annual_Vol_2_3.jpg

gunslinger_nintendowiiu_banner2.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!