• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 secretgamer

secretgamer

Goomba

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:04 PM

My gamepad has been loosing its connection. i don't know why it was working awhile ago but now i can't go outside my room because it just loses it's connection. I tried to sync it again i was able to leave my room but it only lasted two days. i was wonder what interrupts the gamepad connection and do i need to change my wifi router setting? what is the proper settings for the router? 

#2 Tom

Tom

The Unicorn

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • NNID:IAmTom
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:39 PM

The gamepad doesn't have anything to do with the internet. The range on the gamepad is up to 30 feet, and things like furniture and walls will obstruct the signal from the gamepad to the Wii U, and vice versa.

"I'M NOT BEING PESSIMISTIC, I'M BEING REALISTIC." - EVERY PESSIMIST EVER.

#3 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:59 PM

you... you're saying your internet is making the gamepad lose connection to the wii u.... wha... what?

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#4 caryrae73

caryrae73

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:37 PM

My gamepad kept losing it connection today while looking on the amazon instant video app.

#5 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:55 PM

Do you have something blocking your console? That would the problem, and its not your internet.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#6 secretgamer

secretgamer

Goomba

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:10 AM

The gamepad doesn't have anything to do with the internet. The range on the gamepad is up to 30 feet, and things like furniture and walls will obstruct the signal from the gamepad to the Wii U, and vice versa.

you... you're saying your internet is making the gamepad lose connection to the wii u.... wha... what?

i thought the wifi from the router interferes with the gamepad signal to the wii U. 

Do you have something blocking your console? That would the problem, and its not your internet.

No nothing is blocking it only the wall when i leave the room. i don't know if its the console or the gamepad that is giving me the issues. i guess i'm stuck in my room :P

#7 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:22 AM

than again, how big is you're room?

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#8 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:25 AM

Another question would be, what is the wall between rooms made of.  If you are in a dorm or the like and the rooms are separated by block, good luck getting anything past that.

#9 secretgamer

secretgamer

Goomba

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:02 PM

than again, how big is you're room?

is not that big maybe maybe 10ft and i'm outside my room. i also want to add after playing just now it loses connection when i turn around and when i put it down on a chair so now i need to be facing the wiiU all the time. does anybody else have this problem?

Another question would be, what is the wall between rooms made of.  If you are in a dorm or the like and the rooms are separated by block, good luck getting anything past that.

idk? i live in a regular house i guess..

#10 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:04 PM

is not that big maybe maybe 10ft and i'm outside my room. i also want to add after playing just now it loses connection when i turn around and when i put it down on a chair so now i need to be facing the wiiU all the time. does anybody else have this problem?

idk? i live in a regular house i guess..

So most likely wood framing and drywall between rooms.  I haven't experienced this problem.

#11 secretgamer

secretgamer

Goomba

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:29 PM

i solve my problem XD

i read this in another forum i had to turn on the power button from my console not from the gamepad. i could actually leave my room i'm so happy now.

#12 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:14 AM

tumblr_mjgkovD87J1r0d4ceo1_250.gif

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!