3 replies to this topic

#1 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:54 AM

Is there any way in the future you can partially install games and run the rest off disc? Or does the Wii U dosc run just as fast or faster as USB2 drive?

#2 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:09 AM

All updates run off the HDD/SSD and the Disc at the same time.

MH3U is a good example of how an update which is installed to the hard drive/storage can change a game on WiiU.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#3 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:59 PM

I wish we will soon have the option to install games onto a HDD, I belive it makes the disk drive last a lot longer and games run faster.

#4 Alex Atkin UK

Alex Atkin UK

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:14 PM

I don't think they will do it as the main reason Microsoft did this on Xbox 360 was because it had a high failure rate of the DVD drive and it was noisy when running games from DVD. 

The Wii U however isn't very noisy and I don't think it will have a high failure rate either, as I think a lot of what went wrong in the 360 was the console running so hot.  Plus, Nintendo are pretty good when it comes to hardware reliability.

Playing games from HDD is also a big selling point for buying the download version of games and caching on the HDD with only checking the disc for anti-piracy purposes also opens up another angle for hackers to attack.  I just cannot imagine Nintendo going to the effort of adding a feature like this as it would be useful to such a small minority of users.

I would be happy to be proved wrong though as LEGO City Undercover could definitely do with some speeding up and even a slight reduction in noise from spinning down the disc while playing would be appreciated too.

Edited by Alex Atkin UK, 17 April 2013 - 12:21 PM.

Sheffield 3DS | Steam & XBOX: Alex Atkin UK | PSN & WiiU: AlexAtkinUK

How to improve the Wii U download speed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!