#1 Kirby

Kirby

Blooper

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • Fandom:
    Minecraft Nintendo

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:01 AM

There are already many games out for the WiiU and many more to come! But so far which game of the WiiU do YOU think has the best graphics. (Btw sorry if I haven't been on in awhile)

kirby_a_GIFSoupcom.gif

#2 Fami.Kim

Fami.Kim

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • NNID:MrOrange01
  • Fandom:
    AC, JJBA

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:36 AM

I don't know, maybe Nintendo Land.

comic sans lol

#3 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:38 AM

Need for Speed Most Wanted U or Trine 2: Director's Cut

Edited by Penguin101, 16 April 2013 - 08:38 AM.

#4 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:04 AM

Smash Bros 4, nuff said.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#5 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:13 AM

Smash Bros 4, nuff said.

He said so far, Smash Bros 4 hasn't even come out yet, I have a feeling it'll look like an HD upscaled 3DS game as both are being developed to be compatible with each other, much like MH3: Ultimate

PS: Shouldn't this be in "Wii U Games" section?

Edited by Penguin101, 16 April 2013 - 09:13 AM.

#6 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:18 AM

He said so far, Smash Bros 4 hasn't even come out yet, I have a feeling it'll look like an HD upscaled 3DS game as both are being developed to be compatible with each other, much like MH3: Ultimate

PS: Shouldn't this be in "Wii U Games" section?

Well i know in my mind Smash Bros is gonna have the better graphics, so far its Need for Speed but nobody talks about that game because its an EA published game.

I think he doesn't want to get in trouble with misleading stuff or whatever.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#7 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:36 AM

I agree with the above Trine 2 & Need for speed but i really thought the ending of Lego city was good looking.

Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#8 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:37 AM

I agree with the above Trine 2 & Need for speed but i really thought the ending of Lego city was good looking.

The end of LEGO City was EPIC!  Very cool.  As far as best graphics, I'd have to go with Nintendo Land, it never fails to amaze what they were able to put in there with a very early engine.  It uses the most advanced rendering techniques, and while it isn't photorealistic, it is very impressive.

#9 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:42 AM

Pikmin 3 looks really good graphics wise, maybe Need for speed aswell

Nintendo land is a meh, not the best graphics .

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#10 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:47 AM

Pikmin 3 looks really good graphics wise, maybe Need for speed aswell

Nintendo land is a meh, not the best graphics .

You might want to take a closer look.  You are getting mixed up between photorealism and graphics in general.  Nintendo Land is actually quite beautiful.  NFS and Pikmin show that the Wii U can handle decent photorealism early on, which is a great thing, but that doesn't make it the best use of graphical power.  I understand and respect your opinion though, some people just prefer photorealism.

#11 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:55 AM

You might want to take a closer look.  You are getting mixed up between photorealism and graphics in general.  Nintendo Land is actually quite beautiful.  NFS and Pikmin show that the Wii U can handle decent photorealism early on, which is a great thing, but that doesn't make it the best use of graphical power.  I understand and respect your opinion though, some people just prefer photorealism.

i wasn't thinking pikmin as photorealism (have you seen the boss and bulbors), I know the difference, like Super mario sunshine isn't photorealism but has amazing graphics on the gamecube. Nintendo land to me looks pretty but probably could have looked better graphics wise

Opinion from back when i did play! please don't kill me :(

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#12 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:08 AM

i wasn't thinking pikmin as photorealism (have you seen the boss and bulbors), I know the difference, like Super mario sunshine isn't photorealism but has amazing graphics on the gamecube. Nintendo land to me looks pretty but probably could have looked better graphics wise

Opinion from back when i did play! please don't kill me :(

Haha, no worries!  It definitely could have looked better, but they were using a very early engine and not much changed between '11 and launch for Nintendo Land.

#13 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:16 AM

So far, Need for Speed looks to have the best texturing.  Possibly models too.

Nintendo land looks amazing in terms of the lighting and effect quality.

When I first saw NintendoLand, I thought: "Oh no.  Nintendo is actually just selling out, cashing in, etc."  But I am gald to see I was wrong.  The models are not super high poly, though in some areas, It looks like they did go high poly just because they can.  The texturing in some areas is astounding actually.  Far better than anything on the 360 and PS3.  And the size of textures they can use on the Wii U is equally astounding.  The lighting is amazing.  Sure, it sounds funny to talk in such terms about a game that is designed to be silly looking.  But we are looking at the technical aspects.  For a game that doesn't appear to be trying too hard, it looks like NintendoLand is Nintendo showing off what they can do, but doing so while keeping the theater curtain only cracked open a smidge.

I'm thinking NintendoLand is an early rough draft peak at forthcoming Nintendo graphics.  The clarity, crispness, "brightness," etc. of the NintendoLand graphics is extremely nice coming out of an era where consoles tended to render scenes "dark." The Dreamcast, when it came out, also had a bright, shiny, crisp look to the graphics, versus the PS2 which, while technically more powerful, tended to render "dark."

If you want to look at graphics quality in the traditional way, look at Need for Speed for the graphics crown up to this point.  the developers didn't have to try very hard.  They simply had useable tools from Nintendo, once they had that, they could simply build the game, import the high resolution PC assets, and it practically took care of itself (of course it helps that they had already made the game).  The time saved in having to learn the hardware from scratch was invested in improvements to the game itself.

Need for Speed is the best showcase for Wii U right now in terms of what most people would say is "Best Wii U Graphics."

But it is just the tip of the iceberg.

#14 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:24 AM

Need for speed looks extremely good, and nintendo land has some stellar textures and detail. And like others have already said, Lego city's ending is amazing.

794144.png?13383682

#15 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:31 AM

The end of LEGO City was EPIC!  Very cool.  As far as best graphics, I'd have to go with Nintendo Land, it never fails to amaze what they were able to put in there with a very early engine.  It uses the most advanced rendering techniques, and while it isn't photorealistic, it is very impressive.

Everyone is being amazed at the ending. Without spoilers what is so amazing about the ending? At least in terms of the topic?

Edited by Penguin101, 16 April 2013 - 10:31 AM.

#16 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:35 AM

Everyone is being amazed at the ending. Without spoilers what is so amazing about the ending? At least in terms of the topic?

Its..just, EPIC.  Without spoiling it for you there is no other way to describe it.  Very awesome.  If you are not worried about spoilers, check out a video on Youtube.

#17 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:44 AM

Spoiler

794144.png?13383682

#18 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:50 AM

Wheel of Fortune lol... just kidding.

My top 5 for best graphics in no particular order

1. NFSMW U
  2. Nintendoland
  3. Trine 2
  4. Nano Assualt Neo
  5. Lego City Undercover

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#19 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:08 AM

So far, Need for Speed looks to have the best texturing.  Possibly models too.

Nintendo land looks amazing in terms of the lighting and effect quality.

When I first saw NintendoLand, I thought: "Oh no.  Nintendo is actually just selling out, cashing in, etc."  But I am gald to see I was wrong.  The models are not super high poly, though in some areas, It looks like they did go high poly just because they can.  The texturing in some areas is astounding actually.  Far better than anything on the 360 and PS3.  And the size of textures they can use on the Wii U is equally astounding.  The lighting is amazing.  Sure, it sounds funny to talk in such terms about a game that is designed to be silly looking.  But we are looking at the technical aspects.  For a game that doesn't appear to be trying too hard, it looks like NintendoLand is Nintendo showing off what they can do, but doing so while keeping the theater curtain only cracked open a smidge.

I'm thinking NintendoLand is an early rough draft peak at forthcoming Nintendo graphics.  The clarity, crispness, "brightness," etc. of the NintendoLand graphics is extremely nice coming out of an era where consoles tended to render scenes "dark." The Dreamcast, when it came out, also had a bright, shiny, crisp look to the graphics, versus the PS2 which, while technically more powerful, tended to render "dark."

If you want to look at graphics quality in the traditional way, look at Need for Speed for the graphics crown up to this point.  the developers didn't have to try very hard.  They simply had useable tools from Nintendo, once they had that, they could simply build the game, import the high resolution PC assets, and it practically took care of itself (of course it helps that they had already made the game).  The time saved in having to learn the hardware from scratch was invested in improvements to the game itself.

Need for Speed is the best showcase for Wii U right now in terms of what most people would say is "Best Wii U Graphics."

But it is just the tip of the iceberg.

#20 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:37 AM

Spoiler

Ok cool, so what's the draw distance like? Does it show of less pop-ups? Because that's my number one pet hate, and if they've eliminated pop up It'd be like the best day ever for me to hear that TT have used the extra RAM and GPU power well

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!