28 replies to this topic

#1 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:51 PM

POPULAR

In the middle of April of last year, a week or so after I joined this forum, I entered the chatroom. Though there weren't usually members in chat at the time, there were a few, and I talked to them for a few hours. I stood up way later than I usually did, because of the pure fun I was having. A few weeks later, I entered the chatroom again. Again, I met people with the same interests as me, and I talked it up with them for hours, but this time, I continued going on chat every night.

It became a daily ritual for me to visit the chatroom. From then up until present time, I looked forward to spending time with fellow members every night on chat. We talked about the obvious, (video games, anime, TV, etc.) but I even found myself having very personal conversations. Then, at about the end of the year, certain members started to stir up trouble. At the time, the forums were so inexperienced from dealing with people like this, but we pulled through. But, it only got worse.

As you can see, chat is now removed. It's gotten to that point. I'm really sad to see it go. The people I met there, the experiences we went through, everything up to this point, it didn't feel like it was online. I felt as if I knew every single one of these people in real life. I'm grateful for everything that's happened there.

R.I.P., Wii U Forums Chatroom April 2012-April 2013

HRYO

Alex

Slender Man

Noona Gives Birth

Spiderman

Major League Resperatory

Sessy

Mig is a girl

Mignaga x Rainbow Dash

Mignaga x Noonabites (marriage)

See you in court

Mignaga Land

cute pics.

pm:ss

No one wants to add Goomba on 3DS

Noona Hates Dragon

AUGH

Yo

Stay Gold

Wii U Forums:

The Night of November 17th

Pre-E3 Nintendo Direct

E3

The First, Second, and Third Chat Wars

Balk Day

Mr. Whiskers Name Change

Cerberuz is a Pickle

Family Tree

Telephone

Wii U Forums Soap Opera

Edited by Blake, 16 April 2013 - 02:27 PM.

#2 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:53 PM

Is this feedback?

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#3 MLdragoMaster

MLdragoMaster

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:54 PM

Feedback as in saying he thinks it was a bad idea to take away the chat, and that he wants it back. Like the rest of us.

Posted Image

#4 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:55 PM

POPULAR

Is this feedback?

Is THIS feedback?

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#5 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:58 PM

Aww, I was hoping we'd be together on chat for E3. :( What if we had a certain time the chat room could be open? 

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#6 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:58 PM

Feedback as in saying he thinks it was a bad idea to take away the chat, and that he wants it back. Like the rest of us.

No, that's not what I meant. All I wanted to do is share a story, and say how much I love the chat.

This section is generally used for all things related to the site.

#7 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts
  • NNID:Fieryguns

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:05 PM

Chat was awesome. It was awesome since I have no friends it was a great pastime and it was one of my favorite things about the forum. I barely last in forums (Usually 2-3 days on most forums) but this forum, is an exception. The chat was so amazing I just had to stay on these forums. Time passed, trolls practically went rampant on the chat then they got banned. Although I could see why chat was removed, I still love the chat.

RIP CHAT 

#8 MLdragoMaster

MLdragoMaster

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:05 PM

No, that's not what I meant. All I wanted to do is share a story, and say how much I love the chat.

This section is generally used for all things related to the site.

Hm.

I will miss the chat. But the early 2011-mid 2012 chat. Not what we had after that...

My story is sort of like yours, I guess. No point in me spamming and making a duplicate, but I feel the same way.

Posted Image

#9 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:07 PM

Is THIS feedback?

Is this feedback?

794144.png?13383682

#10 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:09 PM

Aww, I was hoping we'd be together on chat for E3. :( What if we had a certain time the chat room could be open? 

I, too, was hoping to be able to be on chat for NDs as well as e3.  I don't see a clear reason chat would have been removed, other than some moderators just don't have time to moderate it, but Mourn was in there regularly.  Seems that at times people that were actually causing problems in chat were never banned from it, while people who made a mistake weren't.  Sad to see it go, even if I haven't been in there in a few weeks (since my vacation).

Is this feedback?

That reminds me, I still want a theremin.

#11 PyroKinesis

PyroKinesis

Boo

• Members
  • 534 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Party, Animal Crossing

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:09 PM

Well, like I said in my introductory post, see ya'll around the forums!

#12 Goom

Goom

The Happyman Thief

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • NNID:SpikedGoomba
  • Fandom:
    pingas

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:12 PM

I will miss the like-minded people of the chatroom. At one time chat was about enjoying the company of others and playing video games. But  with new members joining it changed to an attention sorority/fraternity. 

Posted Image

I am the hero this forum needs, but not the one it deserves.

#13 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:13 PM

Oh so he wants the chat back.

I guess it is feedback.

I think you all know very well how much trouble you guys caused.

You don't deserve a chat right now. I'm sure feld0 isn't closed to the idea of adding it back in later if you can learn not to be such dicks to everyone.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#14 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:13 PM

Let me share my thoughts on this ( I think my current profile picture kinda sums it up). But first, a little back story.

I joined the 3DSF all the way back in March 2011, I really don't remember how I found it, but I did. So after a week or two of lurking, I finally joined. I was ( at the time) in 3DS hype mode. I was kind of a noob ( my old threads can show that), but I enjoyed it. Around June 2011, I saw the link leading to Wii U Forums, where I went " Hey, why not join, I'm excited for Wii U.", and thus I did. I really wasn't active here that much, mostly due to the lack of news for Wii U. Keep in mind I never used chat here, or chat on 3DSF at the time. So I was an inactive member for quite a few months, until around E3 2012. Where I rejoined due to the more active news on Wii U. I was still a forum only member, until around August or September where I entered chat out of curiosity. Over the months I had great times in chat, and some laughs as well. But around the end of 2012, things started going downhill. Drama, debates between members, successful trolls, etc. 

Now over the past week or two, I've seen that chat has been getting of it's feet for quite a few reasons. There wasn't any drama, or anything negative really. Just last night I asked the question " Do you think chat is still going to live?", due to the more peaceful chat. And this afternoon, abruptly out of nowhere, chat is removed. I am personally annoyed, and that I think chat should be given a second chance. It's death was the cause of a few members ( who I will not say) causing problems. I know there will be more people joining the forums, and drama is bound to happen again. But it can be stopped if the person in question is banned.

RIP Chat, stay gold.

All I ask is that chat should be given a second chance, especially with the past few days having civilized discussions. I'd also like to  know why chat was removed with no notice, and why.

Edited by Firejonie, 16 April 2013 - 02:14 PM.

#15 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:14 PM

stay gold.

You're not Mourn....

#16 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:16 PM

R.I.P Chat :(

#17 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:16 PM

You're not Mourn....

It's a quote from Tom on Toonami.

#18 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:17 PM

It's a quote from Tom on Toonami.

They stole it from Mourn.......

#19 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:18 PM

Let me share my thoughts on this ( I think my current profile picture kinda sums it up). But first, a little back story.

I joined the 3DSF all the way back in March 2011, I really don't remember how I found it, but I did. So after a week or two of lurking, I finally joined. I was ( at the time) in 3DS hype mode. I was kind of a noob ( my old threads can show that), but I enjoyed it. Around June 2011, I saw the link leading to Wii U Forums, where I went " Hey, why not join, I'm excited for Wii U.", and thus I did. I really wasn't active here that much, mostly due to the lack of news for Wii U. Keep in mind I never used chat here, or chat on 3DSF at the time. So I was an inactive member for quite a few months, until around E3 2012. Where I rejoined due to the more active news on Wii U. I was still a forum only member, until around August or September where I entered chat out of curiosity. Over the months I had great times in chat, and some laughs as well. But around the end of 2012, things started going downhill. Drama, debates between members, successful trolls, etc. 

Now over the past week or two, I've seen that chat has been getting of it's feet for quite a few reasons. There wasn't any drama, or anything negative really. Just last night I asked the question " Do you think chat is still going to live?", due to the more peaceful chat. And this afternoon, abruptly out of nowhere, chat is removed. I am personally annoyed, and that I think chat should be given a second chance. It's death was the cause of a few members ( who I will not say) causing problems. I know there will be more people joining the forums, and drama is bound to happen again. But it can be stopped if the person in question is banned.

RIP Chat, stay gold.

All I ask is that chat should be given a second chance, especially with the past few days having civilized discussions. I'd also like to  know why chat was removed with no notice, and why.

It could be avoided by putting a post benchmark on chat access.  requiring more than just 5 posts so people that actually contribute in some way to the forums before being allowed in chat is a must.  Also, some of the issues in chat were caused by people getting their feathers ruffled over harmless things.  This caused some people to get banned for no reason from chat, while people who were actually causing the drama were allowed to stay, simply because most mature people can ignore childish comments but childish people get upset at the smallest things.

#20 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:23 PM

HRYO

Mignaga Land

MY THREAD IS FAMOUS! :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users