22 replies to this topic

#1 Jonneh

Jonneh

Goomba

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:47 AM

http://www.zavvi.com...d/10798261.html

Interesting to see the gold Wii-U logo, probably a place holder but still looks pretty nice

#2 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:56 AM

Neat, a gold box cover would be awesome.

Posted Image

This is where it ends

#3 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:01 AM

It does say art work subject to change and it is obviously a mock up. Never the less it looks pretty neat. It would be nice if it was the final art work or similar to it as it would be a fitting homage to the original GameCube version.

#4 NegaScott128

NegaScott128

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 03:38 AM

This seems basically final. No way they'd just randomly decide to change the box color.

#5 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 04:13 AM

This seems basically final. No way they'd just randomly decide to change the box color.

An how do you figure that out. Its not the first time a retailer has had a mock up of the cover art. I don't think random comes into it either. It may well be what the final box will look like but we don't know that. Zavvi may have just based their image on the original GameCube box.

#6 Ocarina of Time

Ocarina of Time

Spiny

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 04:36 AM

62.49 euro.

Good lord I hope that price is a misprint or not final...

Never before have I spent that much on a game.

#7 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 20 April 2013 - 04:54 AM

Fake. Don't like it anyway.
No sig.

#8 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 20 April 2013 - 05:45 AM

62.49 euro.

And it's a remake as well...

#9 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:16 AM

This looks really, really good.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#10 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:19 AM

62.49 euro.

Zavvi in the past have had lower-than-expected prices on early product pages, and it's bit them in the pegasus generator.

They'll price it more around 45 euro when they get the final price, because that's around their usual price for wii u games. cheaper than most.

OOT was goldboxed too.

Zeldo games get gold trims all the time for some reason.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#11 GhostDrive

GhostDrive

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:08 AM

That looks pretty nice in my opinion, although I'm 99.9% sure it's just a place holder. Reminds me of the 3DS OOT cover... and the original GC cover lol.

#12 coolsarahkry

coolsarahkry

Blooper

• Members
  • 176 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Avatar:TLA, Glee

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:15 AM

Guess I'm the odd one out- I think it looks like poop.

The colors of the Zelda logo clash with the background, and why not show off the beautiful colors of Wind Waker?

10798261-1366373020-387488.jpg(put it in post so people don't have to load a new tab)

Box art isn't that important to me though. I never played wind waker, so I would love to get the new one :)

Posted Imageby cerberuz

#13 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 10:47 AM

Windwaker is amazing. The cartoon graphics were a revelation on gamecube. I believe its the most successful Zelda title going by the ratio of console owners who bought it. Not many Gamecube owner's didn't have this game. It was a joy to just explore the windwaker world.

My copy of Zelda Windwaker is a special gold edition which came with additional zelda games on a seperate disc (ocarina and masterquest). The fact the cover here is gold for wii u could it also be a special edition? Maybe it also comes with another zelda game. Perhaps one of the DS Zelda's in HD? Alternatively maybe windwaker hd is enhanced, maybe the gold version has a 3D option?

Edited by Desert Punk, 20 April 2013 - 10:53 AM.

#14 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:00 AM

Dear Lord, please be real. I think there should be more color, but I LOVE that gold.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#15 Lightning_Ninja

Lightning_Ninja

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • NNID:Lightning_Ninja
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Zelda, Fire Emblem

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:31 AM

I've always kind of liked my zelda games to come in gold.  Not sure why I like it so much, just like the feeling of opening a golden box with zelda in it.  Couldn't care less for other game cases being gold.  It looks fake though, Nintendo will probably have different cover art for this instead of using the original box art.  They should definitely use the gold trim where it says Wii U at the top though.

#16 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:56 AM

Looks cool to me. Wouldn`t mind a better image as the cover.

#17 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:43 AM

Windwaker is amazing. The cartoon graphics were a revelation on gamecube. I believe its the most successful Zelda title going by the ratio of console owners who bought it. Not many Gamecube owner's didn't have this game. It was a joy to just explore the windwaker world.

My copy of Zelda Windwaker is a special gold edition which came with additional zelda games on a seperate disc (ocarina and masterquest). The fact the cover here is gold for wii u could it also be a special edition? Maybe it also comes with another zelda game. Perhaps one of the DS Zelda's in HD? Alternatively maybe windwaker hd is enhanced, maybe the gold version has a 3D option?

I think you're clutching at straws if you think they will include another special edition game. I very much doubt it. This cover art hasn't been confirmed by Nintendo and even if it is the final artwork that doesn't mean it will follow the same type of release as the original game.

#18 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:18 AM

Not sure I'm clutching at straws when I'm merely stating it could be a possibility but it is possible Nintendo will try to maximise the sales figures by offering pre-order special additions with extra content. Considering the low sales of wii u hardware currently I would of thought they would be trying to max out demand. If this is releasing in October its an ideal time for the christmas sales period.

#19 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:37 AM

Not sure I'm clutching at straws when I'm merely stating it could be a possibility but it is possible Nintendo will try to maximise the sales figures by offering pre-order special additions with extra content. Considering the low sales of wii u hardware currently I would of thought they would be trying to max out demand. If this is releasing in October its an ideal time for the christmas sales period.

Its not going to happen. Nintendo are the last company to do that considering they know if they release such special edition games separately they can make more money. Not to mention something like that isn't likely to make that big an impact on hardware sales.

#20 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:38 PM

They should have gold on the new Zelda game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!