Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 20 April 2013 - 04:18 PM

Lets discuss our favorite RPGs and why we love them. Here are mine...

1.Earthbound- A cult classic. It is perhaps the quirkiest game I have ever played. I love everything from the characters to the story. I'm so happy it's coming to VC finally!

2.Final Fantasy 7- The story is epic. Even though the graphics look like legos its far ahead of it's time. I'm even playing it ATM.

3.Oblivion/Skyrim- Yep it's a tie. Hours of fun gameplay.

4..Mother 3- Less quirky but a more gripping story then EB. Too bad we never got it outside of Japan.

5..Super Mario RPG- One of the first turn based RPG games I got into. Still fun today.

List yours.

Signature_DK.png

#2 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 20 April 2013 - 04:52 PM

Lets see......

1. Persona 4 - I had never poured so many hours into an RPG while having a school simulator to go along with it.

2. Final Fantasy 4 - This FF in my eyes is the best FF ever created, I really loved the characters and story, the pacing is excellent, never a dull moment with the story and boss battles.

3. Super Mario RPG - Do i really need to say anything? Mario + creator of Final Fantasy = the greatest thing ever since sliced bread.

4. Shin Megami Tense: Devil Survivor Overlocked - A 3DS remake over the origional DS counterpart along with FULL dialog for every text in the game, and a new bonus chapter.

5. Final Fantasy 6 - Greatest villain in a RPG that actually destroyed the earth, it shows that not all games have to have a happy ending.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#3 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 05:22 PM

1. Final Fantasy VI - Only game to make me cry. It made me a final fantasy fan.

2. Final Fantasy XII - I guess I'm one of the few that really enjoyed the smaller scale story and also loved the more realistic characters and the different gameplay. I spent hundreds of hours on that game. I'm actually about to start another play through.

3. Final Fantasy IX - after 7 and the atrocity that was 8, 9 was a true final fantasy. People thought it was childish, but it most definitely was not.

The rest aren't even close, I've put a lot of hours into TES, Mass Effect, and Diablo, but they're not really the same in my mind.

I have to give respect to FF4 and 10 as they both had moments that made me go wow. (Tidus' voice not being one of them)

#4 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 20 April 2013 - 05:37 PM

Persona 4 Golden.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#5 Half

Half

Blooper

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • NNID:HalfName
  • Fandom:
    Curse all fanboys/girls.

Posted 20 April 2013 - 05:40 PM

Shadow Hearts/Shadow Hearts: Convenant - God damn I loved these.
Persona 3/Persona 4 - God dayyyuuuuummm I loved these too.
Dark Cloud/Dark Chronicle - (Currently suffering heavy Nostalgia)
Final Fantasy 6/Final Fantasy 9 - (Foaming from mouth)
Earthbound/Mother 3 - (Dying)
Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga (Dead)
Paper Mario/Paper Mario the Thousand Year Door (I'm done...)

I don't know why I love these RPGs over others. I've never found any of the other Final Fantasys to be entertaining enough for me. Although there are more I can name that I love (I'm quite a big RPG nut) these are the ones that perfected it for me.

Edited by Half, 20 April 2013 - 05:44 PM.

FmEkJ2.gif

#6 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:27 PM

Dragon Warrior / Dragon Quest games, I played VIII The Journey Of The Cursed King On PS2 and fell in love with them, the storys are amazing and the Cell Shaded graphics are gorgeous.

All Pokemon games, I've just been a big fan since Red and Blue, and I love all the Gens unlike a lot of people who like some more than others, some people even hate a few, we all know why Pokemon fans are Pokemon fans, the gameplay is just soooooooooooo addictive :D

The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim, I wasn't a fan of the other games but somthing about Skyrim drew me in I thought it was an amazing epic piece of artwork and I put nearly 700 hours into it and I still hadn't finished it, the value for money was strong with this one, I had to sell my Xbox 360 to get my Wii U plus I'd gone off Microsoft so this game went too :( I would love to play it again so I really hope Bethesda bring a Game Of The Year Edition to Wii U and for all of you who will say just play it on PC well yeah good luck with that cos' mines crap and I'm not made of money Jeeze.

Mass Effect Series, well what can I say, one of the best RPG series or probably THE best RPG series of last gen / current gen, I completed all three on my 360 with about 1500 - 2000 hours put in across all three unfortunatly my Mass Effect journey is over as I refuse to buy EA games now and they arn't supporting the Wii U anyway so.

#7 Kimtastic

Kimtastic

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • NNID:Kimtastic-ii
  • Fandom:
    Sailor Moon, Nintendo, Legend of Zelda

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:45 AM

Tales of Symphonia/Vesperia. I may not be a Namco fan anymore, but those two Tales of games as well as Graces are one of my favorite ARPGs of all time. I love content. I love reading skits and also being able to dress my party up with silly costumes. Not to mention, I enjoy the battle system and the plots.

This may be extremely underrated and never heard of, but I also loved Another Story, the Sailor Moon RPG that was released in Japan only, for the SNES. Any Sailor Moon fan would find that the game was such bliss. The plot was unique and not to mention that there were antagonists who had existed in the past, that have been brought back, into the game. The game covered Classic, R and S, however. There were also new, made up antagonists that resembled the inners in some way.

Valkyrie Profile. This game.. is beautiful. I adore it. Both Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth and Valkyrie Profile: Silmeria has touched my heart.. with their music mostly. Their stories as well as unique battle system. Both games have similar battle systems, but I thought that Silmeria had the better one. Only problem is, IMO, Lenneth had the better plot. Not to mention.. Hrist, is in both games. Hrist is my wife, confirmed.

The Chrono series. Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross. They were amazing! Though I think Chrono Cross was the better one. Such beautiful music.. Such an amazing story! Oh, how I just want to play this game once again!

There are other RPGs that were fantastic, but certainly did not touch my heart like these pieces of art.

Hello. I am Walrus. Please refrain from stepping on my tail or I will ram my tusks down your throat. Have a pleasant day, sir.

(:3=

#8 Crispy Bacon

Crispy Bacon

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:50 AM

Dragon Warrior 3 (NES)

Final Fantasy IV

Final Fantasy VI

Final Fantasy XII

Secret of Mana

2. Final Fantasy XII - I guess I'm one of the few that really enjoyed the smaller scale story and also loved the more realistic characters and the different gameplay. I spent hundreds of hours on that game. I'm actually about to start another play through.

You're not alone. XII doesn't get a lot of love, but I definitely enjoyed it. Loved the battle system, the scale, side quests, hunts, etc... I easily put 200+ hours into the game.

Posted Image

#9 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:58 AM

Lost Odyssey - The best jrpg in existence, IMO. Beautiful stories, characters I care about, wonderful soundtrack. Overall the best package.

Chrono Cross - That's right, I prefer its sequel over the original. I loved the amount of characters you can choose from and the soundtrack is one of the best of all time.

Sailor Moon: Another Story - Just like my sister above, I loved this RPG. I'm glad that it was translated since it was never released overseas. It was one of the first jrpgs I've ever played and I will always have fond memories of it.

I'm too lazy to list any more.

Edited by Gaymer, 22 April 2013 - 07:00 AM.

#10 ode.111

ode.111

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Fandom:
    Gamecenter CX, Metroid Prime, Diablo II

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:07 AM

Diablo II

Ys: oath in Felghana

Fate
Pirates of the Carribean (the one made by bethesda softworks)

#11 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:28 AM

In no specific order.

Ultima 3
FF6
FF4
Chronofreakingtrigger
magination (gbc)
golden suns
Xenofreakingblade
Avalon code
valkyrie profile, and covenant of the plume.
Parasite eve
Xenogears

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#12 patchboston

patchboston

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:51 AM

I think my favorite are probably the following: 

1. Chrono Trigger 

2. Final Fantasy VII

3. Super Mario RPG

4. Earthbound

5. Final Fantasy IX

All of these games have some great memories around them, and to me, these are also my greatest games of all time! Unfortunately I don't own any original copies anymore *boo*.

I'm really pumped for Earthbound to be re-released on the virtual console! woo!

Edited by patchboston, 22 April 2013 - 08:51 AM.

#13 GhostDrive

GhostDrive

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:08 AM

I don't have any in a specific order but I'll name a few. Earthbound, Mother 3, Super Mario RPG, Mario and Luigi series, Final Fantasy VIII, Final Fantasy IV, Final Fantasy X, Paper Mario series, Pokemon, and I think that's about it for now.

#14 ancient11

ancient11

Goomba

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:16 AM

My role-playing is limited to what they had at the senior citizens center. At first they were a little overwhelming and I died a lot and after playing for a while it is still overwhelming but I die a little less.
Gothic
Gothic two
Risen
Two Worlds

My role-playing is limited to what they had at the senior citizens center. At first they were a little overwhelming and I died a lot and after playing for a while it is still overwhelming but I die a little less.
Gothic
Gothic two
Risen
Two Worlds

#15 RobDaCool

RobDaCool

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • NNID:RobDaCool
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Rayman

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:29 AM

1) FFIX

2) Morrowind

3) Fallout 3

4) Mario RPG

And I'll add Xenoblade Chronicles to this list whenever my wife will let me shell out $130 plus for it lol 

Wii U: RobDaCool | PSN: RobbieDaCool | 3DS: 0903-4184-6816

Twitter! | FaceBook 

#16 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:36 AM

Gothic
Gothic two
Risen
Two Worlds

Heh, The rpg games you have access too and enjoy.... At your senior citizen center are at least a decade newer than 90% of the games weve listed XD.

You senior citizens and your crazy newfangled games!

1) FFIX
2) Morrowind
3) Fallout 3
4) Mario RPG

And I'll add Xenoblade Chronicles to this list whenever my wife will let me shell out $130 plus for it lol

Heh, came across a gamestop the other day, 18 copies of xenoblade sitting on shelves, 50 bucks. Of course, they are in cheap faux cases with a xeroxed copy of the cover cut out and slid behind the plastic... But the games in there.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#17 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:49 AM

I think my favorite are probably the following: 

1. Chrono Trigger 

2. Final Fantasy VII

3. Super Mario RPG

4. Earthbound

5. Final Fantasy IX

All of these games have some great memories around them, and to me, these are also my greatest games of all time! Unfortunately I don't own any original copies anymore *boo*.

I'm really pumped for Earthbound to be re-released on the virtual console! woo!

Nice list.

Signature_DK.png

#18 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:51 PM

I would have to say Bowser's Inside Story, and then a tie between Superstar Saga and Partner's in Time. The writing is legendary, the characters have so much personality, and the turn-based combat made you time or you will fail. You could even go through the games without taking any damage (except for plot related damage) if you knew the attack patterns well enough. Note that I'm more excited about Dream Team than anything else coming out this year. That means Pikmin 3 and Wind Waker HD.

Edited by TheUltimateWaddleDee, 22 April 2013 - 04:00 PM.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#19 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:53 PM

1. Xenogears - to date, i still feel is the best battle system ever, one of the greatest soundtracks of all time and just really enjoyed the story and characters.

2. Super mario rpg - my 1st ever rpg, holds so many memories, liked the battle system as well, and the soundtrack

3. legend of dragoon - again, another excellent battle system, and just loved the atmosphere of the game

4. Earthbound ( mother 2)  - can't really explain why i liked so much, just was awesome

5. Kingdom Hearts - If i can consider this an RPG, its simply in my 5 because of the battle system and character nostalgia 

i know chrono trigger is an EXCELLENT game, but since i never completed it, i didn't include in my top 5

i also wanted to put pokemon, but can't really decide from red & blue to black & white, which deserves the spot.

1. Xenogears - to date, i still feel is the best battle system ever, one of the greatest soundtracks of all time and just really enjoyed the story and characters.

2. Super mario rpg - my 1st ever rpg, holds so many memories, liked the battle system as well, and the soundtrack

3. legend of dragoon - again, another excellent battle system, and just loved the atmosphere of the game

4. Earthbound ( mother 2)  - can't really explain why i liked so much, just was awesome

5. Kingdom Hearts - If i can consider this an RPG, its simply in my 5 because of the battle system and character nostalgia 

i know chrono trigger is an EXCELLENT game, but since i never completed it, i didn't include in my top 5

i also wanted to put pokemon, but can't really decide from red & blue to black & white, which deserves the spot.

#20 Smertrius

Smertrius

Thwomp

• Members
  • 342 posts
  • NNID:smertrius
  • Fandom:
    nintendo videogames,

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:51 AM

1 legend of zelda ocarina of time 64

2 legend of zelda wind waker

3. legend of zelda a link to the past