Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:32 AM

Since Nintendo didn't give a release date to their other games......again, the 2 Yoshi titles stand out like they are both coming in 2014 instead of this year, think about it, all of a sudden you see Yoshi in the spotlight like Luigi is getting this year,

A Yoshi's Yarn game coming on Wii U, and Yoshi's Island game on the 3DS. Don't be surprised if they show Yoshi in a sports game he isn't apart of....like Luigi in Mario Golf 3D.

Who couldn't blame them if they are doing a year of Yoshi, I see many fans saying that Yoshi is the cutest thing in a videogame.

yarn-yoshi-3ds.jpg

Yoshis-Island-3DS.jpg

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#2 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:44 AM

Seems kinda cliche now that we have a year of Luigi now we have year of Yoshi, Peach ect, I'd say its plausible, a new Superstar Baseball would be awesome(cause I loved the Gamecube one) and Yoshi had his own team in that game so it would be ok I guess if next year was the year of Yoshi! :P 

2lvmghw.png

#3 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:56 AM

It would be cool if they did this every year.

2010- Year of Mario

2011- Year of Zelda

2012- Year of Kirby

2013- Year of Luigi

2014- Year of Yoshi

2015- Year of...?

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#4 Byakuya Togami

Byakuya Togami

Hallowed Be Thy Name

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:00 PM

2010- Year of Mario
2011- Year of Zelda
2012- Year of Kirby
2013- Year of Luigi
2014- Year of Yoshi
2015- Year of...?

I disagree. Milking as much out of something as you can is a turn off to me as a consumer.

#5 lucario23

lucario23

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:20 PM

I disagree. Milking as much out of something as you can is a turn off to me as a consumer.

but they are only milking it for a year, then moving on to something else. It's really more of how them emphasize their marketing than anything. I like the idea as long as they are willing to do it outside of the Mario and Zelda realm. Year of Metroid, Smash Bros, Kid Icarus, Pokemon (but let's be honest, with the number of pokemon games that come out every year, this could be any year), Fire Emblem ( I would love to see a year where they release a new fire emblem on both 3ds and wii u and bring a lot of old games to the virtual console, including ones that didn't leave japan.) They could do it, and as long as they actually released other stuff during those years, It wouldn't be a huge deal.

#6 Byakuya Togami

Byakuya Togami

Hallowed Be Thy Name

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:22 PM

but they are only milking it for a year, then moving on to something else. It's really more of how them emphasize their marketing than anything. I like the idea as long as they are willing to do it outside of the Mario and Zelda realm. Year of Metroid, Smash Bros, Kid Icarus, Pokemon (but let's be honest, with the number of pokemon games that come out every year, this could be any year), Fire Emblem ( I would love to see a year where they release a new fire emblem on both 3ds and wii u and bring a lot of old games to the virtual console, including ones that didn't leave japan.) They could do it, and as long as they actually released other stuff during those years, It wouldn't be a huge deal.

It sounds like to me heavily marketing one particular product might hurt the sales of another.

#7 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:23 PM

2010- Year of Mario

2011- Year of Zelda

2012- Year of Kirby

2013- Year of Luigi

2014- Year of Yoshi

2015- Year of...?

2015- Year of All New IP's

#8 Bowser Jr

Bowser Jr

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, and Sonic

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:45 PM

2015: Year of Bowser

#9 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:49 PM

eh i wouldnt like it. its cool to do it once but it loses its "wow" factor after the first time even if it was a different character. 

#10 woahnelly1990

woahnelly1990

Goomba

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:39 AM

2010- Year of Mario

2011- Year of Zelda

2012- Year of Kirby

2013- Year of Luigi

2014- Year of Yoshi

2015- Year of...?

2015 - Year of Donkey Kong

2016 - Year of Kid Icarus

2017- Year of Star Fox

#11 kirbylover

kirbylover

Kirby And Pikachu are Freakin awesome

• Members
  • 407 posts
  • Fandom:
    kirby,mario kart,mario,anything nintendo

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:54 AM

I see many fans saying that Yoshi is the cutest thing in a videogame.

Umm.

pikachu_and_kirby_by_SakikoAmana.jpg

Are you sure?

Signature_Mewtwo.png

Pokedex entry: Mewtwo: The butt pokemon. It is really sexy and any pokemon that sees it wants to have sex with it. It's power comes from it's butt.

#12 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 07 July 2013 - 07:54 AM

I see many fans saying that Yoshi is the cutest thing in a videogame.

Umm.

pikachu_and_kirby_by_SakikoAmana.jpg

Are you sure?

Yes.

Baby-Yoshi-yoshi-24197370-300-373.jpg

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#13 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 07 July 2013 - 07:59 AM

2010- Year of Mario

2011- Year of Zelda

2012- Year of Kirby

2013- Year of Luigi

2014- Year of Yoshi

2015- Year of...?

2015 Year of Reggie

Since Nintendo didn't give a release date to their other games......again, the 2 Yoshi titles stand out like they are both coming in 2014 instead of this year, think about it, all of a sudden you see Yoshi in the spotlight like Luigi is getting this year,

A Yoshi's Yarn game coming on Wii U, and Yoshi's Island game on the 3DS. Don't be surprised if they show Yoshi in a sports game he isn't apart of....like Luigi in Mario Golf 3D.

Who couldn't blame them if they are doing a year of Yoshi, I see many fans saying that Yoshi is the cutest thing in a videogame.

yarn-yoshi-3ds.jpg

Yoshis-Island-3DS.jpg

They should make a 3D yoshi game call it super yoshi's island galaxy sunshine U! Or something that makes no sense....

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#14 ChrizAkaTheMole

ChrizAkaTheMole

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 104 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Sonic, Star wars, WWE , DBZ

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:25 PM

I hope 2015 is the year of Daisy!

#15 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:31 PM

The year of idea seems like it could work really well. It might get worn out after a while, but not hurt Nintendo. A year of Yoshi would be amazing.

I would kill for a year of Daisy and have her in a starring role for her own game.

Tatanga's Revenge, play as Princess Daisy to rescue Mario and bring peace back to Sarasaland from the clutches of Tatanga.

I would die of excitement if I saw this announced.

zZJ9pHB.png
Special thanks to Horchata. I appreciate it so much.

#16 ZombiCarolyn

ZombiCarolyn

Boo

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:31 PM

Sonic vs. Wario vs. Donkey Kong vs. Aeris PS6 exclusive.

#17 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:47 PM

2015 Year of Reggie

They should make a 3D yoshi game call it super yoshi's island galaxy sunshine U! Or something that makes no sense....

The year of Reggie. Yes!

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#18 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:27 AM

The year of Reggie. Yes!

XD

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#19 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:20 PM

I'd love it if Nintendo does a "Year of *" for all of their not-so-common-anymore characters, where they publish at LEAST one game for that series.

So one year would be "Year of Daisy" another would be "Year of Icebreakers" etc.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!