Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:08 PM

http://www.guns.com/...ked-cod-ghosts/

How real is this? Art looks pretty professional to me, but Ghost is dead... also, general 'next cod' thread.
No sig.

#2 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:11 PM

They said its a prequel, I say its a milked 10th anniversary cash in.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#3 Garolymar

Garolymar

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 253 posts
  • NNID:Garolymar
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin/ Anything else Nintendo.

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:07 AM

Bullets can't hurt ghosts. This game is silly.

Posted Image

#4 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:36 AM

I can't wait for this franchise to die... They never do anything new with the games, they are worthless if you have bad Internet connection, and they community is full of a bunch of foul mouthed 12 year olds who like to fantasize about their friend moms. Or 20 year old people who talk about weed and overuse the word N... You know the word.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#5 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • NNID:Happy_Monk
  • Fandom:
    Kirby + Dragonball mostly.

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:26 AM

They will show the game, no one will be very excited. We've come to expect exactly what it'll look and play like, which is something you don't really want, other than it provides a nice safety net of quality; the games are quite fun.

It seems legit enough.

Although the box art is terrible.

Edited by Happy Monk, 26 April 2013 - 03:27 AM.

Bring the noise.

#6 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:19 AM

Looks crap.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#7 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:25 AM

ah yes, the COD franchise, EVERYONE hates it. yup EVERYONE. That's why it always sells like 10 million within the first week. yep...oh wait.

Riddle me this: why would they change the formula completely from year to year, when they are HUGELY successful making small adjustments and keeping the same basic formula? The FIFA series is even worse with changes, the players change (and to be fair that is enough for a lot of people) and some small gameplay adjustments.

Edited by DexterousGecko, 26 April 2013 - 08:25 AM.

#8 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:46 AM

Meh I didn't want a hate topic or something. People don't even know a single thing about a next-cod except for some rumors and people are already bashing it for being the same old rainbow. Blops2 to me was fresh enough. How much can they really change in a FPS game and keep the COD feel to it anyway? Not much. 

I'm gonna be honest tho: I never bought a COD game 'new', except for the first Black Ops. I bought it a month after release or so. But when I can get a COD game for a cheaper price (I got COD4 for christmas as a present, and MW2 for 7,50 euro) I really enjoy them (this is also the reason why I don't have Blops 2 yet, but I play it a lot over at my friend's).

The new COD game will aparantly be officially revealed may 1st, which lines up with these rumors, so this might be true after all. It would be cool to play as Ghost again too, but only if it's a prequel and not if he magically came back to life or something. I hope they do something crazy enough to keep it fresh too, it shouldn't feel like MW4, even if it might be a sequel.

But hey, it's a good thing they at least changed the name of the subseries, right? :P

No sig.

#9 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:50 AM

ah yes, the COD franchise, EVERYONE hates it. yup EVERYONE. That's why it always sells like 10 million within the first week. yep...oh wait.

Riddle me this: why would they change the formula completely from year to year, when they are HUGELY successful making small adjustments and keeping the same basic formula? The FIFA series is even worse with changes, the players change (and to be fair that is enough for a lot of people) and some small gameplay adjustments.

FPS is becoming the new sports genre.  Its sad.  The problem isn't that they don't change COD, its that they take the formula from COD and try to apply it to every other genre and franchise out there.  The popularity of COD in particular is killing the rest of the industry and stifling creation.  A huge reason why publishers are laying people off and indie developers are turning into rockstars.

#10 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:53 PM

Unless it's something really new and different I won't be buying it. Sick of them releasing a new game every year with a different skin.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#11 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:13 PM

im predicting overall quality between BO, and MW3. 

so second worst out there. 

ill probly wait till they release one that gets near perfect balance/maps, till then ill pass this one up.

i will agree with the cod replicas being stupid, they hurt gaming in general, need more veriety.

#12 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 April 2013 - 11:33 AM

I hope they will return to COD4 style. No, not another MW game, but a game with a more realistic campaign and where the multiplayer isn't overloaded by overpowered weapons, killstreak awards and campers. Just keep it simple.

No sig.

#13 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 28 April 2013 - 05:42 AM

Why is anyone reporting this stuff? CoD comes out every year. It's not like you have to come up with rumours about it, the old one's only been out a few months! Oh yeah, and it's the same game.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!