Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:35 AM

Yes, and no.

Vague comment of the year award goes to... ;)

They are pushing really hard with indies, and they are getting a lot of love from that community right now, and there will be indie games from kickstarter releasing starting in the summer and continuing into the fall.

#23 Zonark

Zonark

Blooper

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:02 PM

I regret getting a vita.... There is only a hand full of good games

#24 MyNameIsMatt

MyNameIsMatt

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:17 PM

Probably going against the general consensus, but I do regret it. Bought it at launch, and only ZombiU has made me want to play the console rather than trying to get use out of it. The Internet won't work, and nothing will download. Not all been bad and probably would recommend it to someone who's aware of what they are getting. Since the new toy feeling wore off, I've been pretty disappointed. Probably going to trade in at the end of May and put the money towards a PS4.
The maddening thing is, I was in exactly the same situation with my 3DS and that lasted 6 months as well. I'm a sucker for new stuff and believed that this would be better :(

#25 Scooter_Johnson

Scooter_Johnson

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • NNID:Scooter_Johnson

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:33 PM

i would say 50/50 for me as would of waited 12 months as dissapointed in nintendos games and they just annouced the eshop cards

#26 WaddleDee

WaddleDee

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:39 PM

I've loved my Wii U from the start.

The "game draught" everyone spoke about didn't apply to me.

Honestly, the whole "game draught" excuse seems more of a way to say "hey, I don't have money to buy more than 2 games for the Wii U so I need to be ABSOLUTELY 100% SURE that this is the perfect game for me before I buy it" which obviously doesn't apply to a lot of games, unless you've played it before.

#27 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:03 PM

I've been wanting to get a new "toy" because I'm tired of the current consoles. I'm considering getting either a Vita or a Wii U. It seems like Nintendo might be in serious trouble though because the Wii U isn't selling and they've made some serious errors with the Wii U (like the name). It seems a lot of consumers don't even realize that the Wii U is a new system that requires new games etc.

Would like to hear from people that currently have a Wii U and if you regret the purchase or not.

Wtf the Wii U is not selling is this a typo??
Posted Image

#28 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:27 PM

I still havent played mine since i still need to do the day 1 update :(

The WiiU is in quite a rough patch at the moment, there is a drought of games and there isn't appear to be a lot of support from third party developers. However E3 shall soon be upon us with a bunch of new games and other announcements including the next 3D mario, Mario Kart, Xenoblade 2, Retros new project, the next legend of Zelda (Possibly) and much much more. Nintendo is trying to keep up to date with system updates to make sure the system runs just fine, so while most of the issues have been ironed out mostly you will still have to suffer a few long loading times. Remember how the PS3 was at launch, it was over priced and had very little games worth owning, the moment it was announced there was already doom and gloom articles going around circling the console, now look at where it is now.

While there may not be many games at this current time for the system, there is plenty there to keep you entertained till the next round up of games arrive. Maybe wait till after E3 before purchasing one so you will have a better idea of whats going to be in store for later.

Posted Image

This is where it ends

#29 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:57 PM

I have both the vita and wii u and I don't regret purchasing either, they both have their pro's and con's.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#30 abluehaze

abluehaze

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:08 PM

I have both the vita and wii u and I don't regret purchasing either, they both have their pro's and con's.

I think I know what the cons are of both.  What are the pros of both in your opinion?  

#31 SDDMN

SDDMN

Boo

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Golden Sun, Zelda

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:10 PM

I don't regret getting the Wii U when I did. I enjoy playing the games I bought for it, and the web browser is almost as good as my computer's web browser.

Edited by SDDMN, 26 April 2013 - 04:12 PM.

SmashBros_zps4a8520f2.png

#32 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:37 PM

I think I know what the cons are of both. What are the pros of both in your opinion?

Although I'm not a huge gfx hore I love the fact the vita has such awesome graphics for a handheld and the tech is by far the best of any handheld to date, it's comfortable to play and works well as a media device, and the wii u I just love the concept, Although I'm enjoying a few games on it now I'm looking forward to the future of Nintendo's 1st party releases.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#33 Ecorsbie

Ecorsbie

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:41 PM

I have not regretted buying the Wii U.  I honestly think that it hasnt been that many issues(at least not for me).  New technology comes with new problems, and with this new udate it has started to eliminate some of the issues.  I do believe I think they should have at least had Zelda released with the Wii U.

#34 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:34 PM

No.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#35 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:34 PM

Do You Regret Getting A Wii U?

Nope, not in the slightest.

#36 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:53 AM

I wasn't disappointed when i got it, wanna know why? because i had low expectations off the Wii U's lanch. I knew games wasn't going to come out until the end of next year, i bought it for the ZombiU, Nintendo Land and darksiders to play right now, but i was going to wait for the new games to be announced, and what do you know? 9 new games i want are all being made! So no, i don't regret getting a wii u, am waiting so i can play 

Super mario 3D U, Mario Kart U, Zelda U, Wind Waker HD, Pikmin 3, Bayonetta 2, Wonderful 101, Retros game (probably going to get it, since its a "Game you all wanted us to make"), Xenoblade 2 So ya :D

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#37 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:55 AM

I've been wanting to get a new "toy" because I'm tired of the current consoles.  I'm considering getting either a Vita or a Wii U.  It seems like Nintendo might be in serious trouble though because the Wii U isn't selling and they've made some serious errors with the Wii U (like the name).  It seems a lot of consumers don't even realize that the Wii U is a new system that requires new games etc.  

Would like to hear from people that currently have a Wii U and if you regret the purchase or not.

I have both the Vita and the Wii U and I bought both at launch. Whilst I don't regret buying either I would say if you could only buy one or the other the Vita is a far better choice. Its portable so it can be played anywhere. It has a far better selection of games and a lot more quality games. Personally I have around 25 games for my Vita and pretty much all are of quality and worth playing. There are a number of others that are great which I dont have. I also think the Vita has a better chance of success then the Wii U. That said you can't go wrong with either but the Vita would be my choice.

#38 Etkar

Etkar

Blooper

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 04:27 AM

527694_200329433434237_605367792_n.jpg

Nope.

Edited by Etkar, 27 April 2013 - 04:27 AM.

#39 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 04:29 AM

527694_200329433434237_605367792_n.jpg
             Nope.

By coming soon they mean sometime in late 2014 and more likely in 2015.

#40 Scooter_Johnson

Scooter_Johnson

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • NNID:Scooter_Johnson

Posted 27 April 2013 - 06:48 AM

my advice is wait 12 months before getting a new console or handheld

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!