#22 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:41 PM

Your comparing a mobile phone to a games console, anyway, I use to have an iPhone but I'm so glad I changed over to the galaxy s3.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#23 caryrae73

caryrae73

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:03 AM

I have both the Wii U and an iPhone 5 and use the iPhone more since you can do more with it anywhere. Like others have said it depends on what you need more a gaming system or a smartphone. There is nothing wrong with an iPhone 5 it is a very good smartphone. I have had both android and iPhones and much prefer the iPhone to android myself.

Edited by caryrae73, 29 April 2013 - 05:08 AM.

#24 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:17 AM

3q3rgr.jpg

I have both :ph34r:

I have both the Wii U and an iPhone 5 and use the iPhone more since you can do more with it anywhere. Like others have said it depends on what you need more a gaming system or a smartphone. There is nothing wrong with an iPhone 5 it is a very good smartphone. I have had both android and iPhones and much prefer the iPhone to android myself.

Coming from testing iphone, ipad, galaxyS 1-3, Windows Phones, etc. for work, to set up a provisioning service to give exchange and Link access to people who wanted or needed it, Windows Phone is where you want to be for business, iPhone for pleasure, Android if you have nothing else going on in your life.  I say that about Android because the simplest functions on an Android phone can be so time consuming and frustrating that Google could package it up as a new version of Action 52 and market them as time waster minigames. 

Windows Phone has all of the right licensing for a business that uses primarily Microsoft Enterprise Services, and integrates quite nicely (and the interface is sharp).  iPhone is a little stale on the interface side, but it still has the best version of any app that you might be interested in, unfortunately, and does everything pretty well.

#25 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:37 AM

I hope you love your parents.

I'd get a Wii U, but obviously I'm biased.

Ask yourself if you want a phone or a games console.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#26 Scooter_Johnson

Scooter_Johnson

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • NNID:Scooter_Johnson

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:15 AM

wii u first and get a iphone when the price comes on on various online retail stores

#27 ChrisTerror

ChrisTerror

Blooper

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • NNID:ChrisTerror

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:17 AM

Your comparing a mobile phone to a games console, anyway, I use to have an iPhone but I'm so glad I changed over to the galaxy s3.

This, all day long this..... GS3 over I-Sheep any day...

#28 Scooter_Johnson

Scooter_Johnson

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:00 AM

ask yourself one question

do i need a iphone 6 as its just a iphone 4s with a about 0.4 more stuff or do you want a wii u with some excellent titles and new online buddys

I have both :ph34r:

Coming from testing iphone, ipad, galaxyS 1-3, Windows Phones, etc. for work, to set up a provisioning service to give exchange and Link access to people who wanted or needed it, Windows Phone is where you want to be for business, iPhone for pleasure, Android if you have nothing else going on in your life.  I say that about Android because the simplest functions on an Android phone can be so time consuming and frustrating that Google could package it up as a new version of Action 52 and market them as time waster minigames. 

Windows Phone has all of the right licensing for a business that uses primarily Microsoft Enterprise Services, and integrates quite nicely (and the interface is sharp).  iPhone is a little stale on the interface side, but it still has the best version of any app that you might be interested in, unfortunately, and does everything pretty well.

you joking about windows phone right ??

the apps are rubbish and iphone is over priced junk

#29 elvisbeck

elvisbeck

Blooper

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • NNID:elvisdavebeck
  • Fandom:
    Super Mario, Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:03 AM

Honestly, I'd wait before getting both. I mean Wii U really doesn't have much to offer atm and iPhone 5 will likely be outdated soon. Especially with the likes of the Samsung Galaxy S4 which, even though I'm not a huge phone person, looks noticeably better then the 5. I'd ask for money, but that's just me. If you really want both, I guess I'd get the Wii U, unless you don't already have an iPhone.

I'm with Colinx on this one.
Hi, I'm Dave. If you wish to add me to your Wii U Friend List, my NNID is elvisdavebeck. Don't forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel: http://www.YouTube.com/user/elvisbeck., where I play Nintendo games and more.

#30 Pong

Pong

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:00 PM

Don't buy an iPhone 5. It will be outdated before the end of the year, you should at least wait for the next iPhone.

#31 ameritt

ameritt

Spiny

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Zelda, Fire Emblem

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:09 PM

You're asking a forum dedicated to the Wii U.

That makes even less sense than comparing those two things in the first place.

Which makes EVEN LESS sense than how you're getting such expensive gifts

#32 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:28 PM

ask yourself one question

do i need a iphone 6 as its just a iphone 4s with a about 0.4 more stuff or do you want a wii u with some excellent titles and new online buddys

you joking about windows phone right ??

the apps are rubbish and iphone is over priced junk

You're trolling right?  Windows Phone has some very nice apps, that run much better than Android equivalents.  I was referring to Windows Phone and not Windows Mobile.  It is Active Directory enabled, supported completely by exchange (not via activsync) and supports complete configuration through SCCM, including OSD and running SCOM playbooks for support requests.  Overall Windows Phone is much better for enterprise environments.  Where Android is better is the ability to customize and provision firmware for enterprise phones, but only has partial suppport for enterprise tools, and requires additional software with additional license and hardware requirements on the back end.

iPhone is popular because it has the better versions of most apps, but there is little support for provisioning and requires iTunes to work properly, something most security professionals would balk at.  For personal use iphone is comparable both feature wise and price wise to other smartphones.

By all means, though, if you don't like iphone or Windows phone, don't get them, stick with Android, but I have a lot of experience dealing with emergent mibile technologies, and had a lot of hardware sent by manufacturers to review for my leadership at the time, I had a G1 and enjoyed it, but the mismanagement of the platform as a whole turned me off to it and aside from the ability to set up proprietary application storefronts and create custom images I would not be willing to recommend it for any company with an enterprise network.

I mentioned I just got an iPhone, and I quite like it.  I don't really like Apple products generally, though.

Don't buy an iPhone 5. It will be outdated before the end of the year, you should at least wait for the next iPhone.

They will be introducing a 5S most likely this year, I don't expect it to be a whole lot more feature rich than what is currently available.

#33 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:58 PM

Well, what do you want more? Do you really judge your opinion off other people opinion's? The Wii U will last you ultimately a much longer time, it's cheaper, and you don't have to buy an upgrade every year. If you're into social networking/texting/casual stuff, well then I'd advise you to buy the iPhone 5. Be cautious though, usually around this period of time they announce a model, so I'd wait awhile before deciding what you want. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#34 abluehaze

abluehaze

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:22 PM

You're trolling right?  Windows Phone has some very nice apps, that run much better than Android equivalents.  I was referring to Windows Phone and not Windows Mobile.  It is Active Directory enabled, supported completely by exchange (not via activsync) and supports complete configuration through SCCM, including OSD and running SCOM playbooks for support requests.  Overall Windows Phone is much better for enterprise environments.  Where Android is better is the ability to customize and provision firmware for enterprise phones, but only has partial suppport for enterprise tools, and requires additional software with additional license and hardware requirements on the back end.

iPhone is popular because it has the better versions of most apps, but there is little support for provisioning and requires iTunes to work properly, something most security professionals would balk at.  For personal use iphone is comparable both feature wise and price wise to other smartphones.

By all means, though, if you don't like iphone or Windows phone, don't get them, stick with Android, but I have a lot of experience dealing with emergent mibile technologies, and had a lot of hardware sent by manufacturers to review for my leadership at the time, I had a G1 and enjoyed it, but the mismanagement of the platform as a whole turned me off to it and aside from the ability to set up proprietary application storefronts and create custom images I would not be willing to recommend it for any company with an enterprise network.

I mentioned I just got an iPhone, and I quite like it.  I don't really like Apple products generally, though.

They will be introducing a 5S most likely this year, I don't expect it to be a whole lot more feature rich than what is currently available.

I've had both Android phones and iPhones.  The iPhone version of the same apps are always MUCH better than they are on Android.  Android is a buggy mess and the apps crash constantly and or just have poor functionality in comparison to the iPhone versions.  

Anyone that's being honest and has had both will tell you the same thing.  Android is a more versatile operating system because it's "open" but with that openness comes more bugs and crashes etc.   

It's really like comparing Windows and Mac OSX.  I can leave my Mac running for weeks or even months without rebooting.  OSX is more closed and less open than Windows is and therefore is also much more reliable and stable.  

#35 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:36 PM

what kind of thread is this

794144.png?13383682

#36 coolsarahkry

coolsarahkry

Blooper

• Members
  • 176 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Avatar:TLA, Glee

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:27 PM

You're asking a forum dedicated to the Wii U.

That makes even less sense than comparing those two things in the first place.

Which makes EVEN LESS sense than how you're getting such expensive gifts

uh some people get expensive gifts

my parents usually get me 300$ worth of birthday presents and christmas presents

how else would I be a gamer I don't have a job or money

Posted Imageby cerberuz

#37 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:44 PM

If you're waiting for a price drop, think that the iPhone 5 will see his price cut when the next model comes out.

Dunno if that helps... at all?

Posted Image

#38 Scooter_Johnson

Scooter_Johnson

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:18 AM

wait for a price drop or pre order the new one for double the price of a wii u

and regarding windows mobile it dosent have many apps, games etc for it unless you develop for it for 99 dollars a year

#39 ameritt

ameritt

Spiny

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Zelda, Fire Emblem

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:12 AM

uh some people get expensive gifts

my parents usually get me 300$ worth of birthday presents and christmas presents

how else would I be a gamer I don't have a job or money

Man... I wish I was that lucky -_-

#40 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:16 AM

wait for a price drop or pre order the new one for double the price of a wii u

and regarding windows mobile it dosent have many apps, games etc for it unless you develop for it for 99 dollars a year

That....makes no sense.  The only reason to become a developer for the platform is to side load applications, and there are very many applications that are available on the marketplace, Windows 8 is actually making the market boom, because Windows Phone 8 actually uses a pared Win8 kernel and all of the same application frameworks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!