Photo

WiiKey U is legit and its in Development!

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#41 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 05:45 AM

You really do have a bad time quoting.

Quotes dont work right when i use my wii u. thats why it has all the information, like name and time.

Edited by 3Dude, 06 May 2013 - 05:46 AM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#42 Half

Half

Blooper

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • NNID:HalfName
  • Fandom:
    Curse all fanboys/girls.

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:21 AM

Quotes dont work right when i use my wii u. thats why it has all the information, like name and time.

Ohhhh, I wouldn't know since I hardly use my Wii U for it's browser, I thought you were using mobile but then you do very long messages and that'd take forever on a mobile.

FmEkJ2.gif

#43 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:45 PM

I do look at this topic once in a while, but I'm 100% uninterested in using WiiKey U

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#44 Lebon14

Lebon14

Blooper

• Members
  • 183 posts
  • Fandom:
    Golden Sun and Touhou universe

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:41 PM

This isn't homebrew, this is piracy.

Piracy will effect sales of software.

The Wii U already has an automatic update solution though, so it'll be nerfed as soon as it's out.

I disagree. Why? People that will download the game would have not purchase the game in the first place. Even if they finally like the game, they won't buy it. So, does it affect sales. No, it won't and It's been proven already. Actually, "pirates" are actually those that purchase the most medias (music, movies, video games, etc). Those that doesn't pirate anything are usually those that doesn't buy anything anyway. I don't say that what I say is applying to everybody. No, in fact, there will ALWAYS be pirates that will download and don't give a Wii. However, the opposite exists : there will be people that downloads to try it and then ends up buying the game (I'm pretty much in this category, but music wise). There is also people that doesn't pirate and always purchase.

Why does it exist in the first place?

- Game availability (ex.: game only available in Japan)

- Lack of features

- Region locks.

As long as companies supports any sort of restrictive DRM, they won't sell as much unless they make it widely available and at an avantageous price. Until then, there WILL always be stuff like that happening. It's also been proven that when Netflix has been lauching in countries, the "piracy" for said country dwindled considerably. Same goes for video games. Best exemple : Steam. Yes, it's still some form of DRM. BUT! It allows you to...:

- Redownload the games you purchase in case of all sorts of mishaps. Nintendo seems against the idea... unless it's on the same console.

- Games will be retail price at launch, however, during the pre-order time, they will actually add incensitive to purchase the digital version. Nintendo doesn't do that.

- Steam also offers heavy price cuts from the original release price only a couple of weeks after release. Even for big titles. Nintendo takes YEARS to drop the price. FFS, Super Mario Galaxy 2 is still 49.99$ MSRP NEW!!!!! It has been released for YEARS!!! The only thing to have rebates seems to be... 3rd party games which most of the time, are available on PC and... Steam.

- Allow fans to create their own content for the games a company release. Steam has Steam Workshop which I believe to be pretty darn popular. I do not count how much hacks of Mario Kart Wii and New Super Mario Wii there are on the net... To be able to run those hacks, you need a modded Wii. Since Nintendo doesn't allow user created content, they are bound for hackers to get into the system to allow people to do just that.

And the list goes on.

Additionally, allowing people to do more with their console than just play games (Steam is on PC, Mac and Linux so it doesn't apply...) i.e. Watch movies without going online or use an online service such as Netflix or YT. How? Play DVDs and Blu-rays. the 360s plays DVDs and the PS3 plays both. And, Nintendo, because they simply refuse to give a single cent to get the rights to play DVDs and/or BDs, are bound to get themselves hacked to allow such things. Oh wait, the optical drive just doesn't read those... so, the homebrews will simply allow to play content from an hard drive or a USB flash drive. Offering a workaround, that's what it will allow.

If you don't believe me, you don't read torrentfreak.com enough. They've been posting articles throughout the years by researchers that takes the issue to heart, actually research and publish actual results; not BS results from say, an anti-piracy company (biased numbers). Even the European Commission agrees that music piracy doesn't affect sales! Smae logic goes for video games. If the latest COD or Halo game sell for a million copies, I don't believe that this actual number will increase if there was no piracy at all. I simply can't believe that.

Don't get me wrong, if my wallet was flowing with cash, I would certainly buy every games I'm interessed in. However, because of ridiculous prices, I never had to play those games... Exemple: Kid Icarus Uprising, Starfox 64 3D, Luigi's Mansion, etc. Those are all 3DS games. Why no WiiU games... well, the offer isn't still quite there. I purchased SMW on the virtual console and when I saw the price I thought... "What a rip-off." Even if it was only 6$ (and I have to actually add the taxes in the region I live in).

Do I plan to hack my console after saying all that? No. Why? I don't want to risk an investment that took months to gather the money for. Anyway, the games I will be actually interessed in will be limited. It's not like Mario/Banjo-like platformers or Perfect Dark or Goldeneye 007 (N64) FPS or Pokemon and Golden Sun-like turn based RPGs were legion these days...

WiiU NNID : Lebon14, Friend invites will be ignored. I must know you first.
Rocketman, your rocketman
Fly with me, to the moon, to the stars my heart
Take you higher
♫ - "Rocketman" by Mega NRG Man (Super Eurobeat 217)

#45 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:50 PM

I disagree. Why? People that will download the game would have not purchase the game in the first place. Even if they finally like the game, they won't buy it. So, does it affect sales. No, it won't and It's been proven already. Actually, "pirates" are actually those that purchase the most medias (music, movies, video games, etc). Those that doesn't pirate anything are usually those that doesn't buy anything anyway. I don't say that what I say is applying to everybody. No, in fact, there will ALWAYS be pirates that will download and don't give a Wii. However, the opposite exists : there will be people that downloads to try it and then ends up buying the game (I'm pretty much in this category, but music wise). There is also people that doesn't pirate and always purchase.

Why does it exist in the first place?

- Game availability (ex.: game only available in Japan)

- Lack of features

- Region locks.

As long as companies supports any sort of restrictive DRM, they won't sell as much unless they make it widely available and at an avantageous price. Until then, there WILL always be stuff like that happening. It's also been proven that when Netflix has been lauching in countries, the "piracy" for said country dwindled considerably. Same goes for video games. Best exemple : Steam. Yes, it's still some form of DRM. BUT! It allows you to...:

- Redownload the games you purchase in case of all sorts of mishaps. Nintendo seems against the idea... unless it's on the same console.

- Games will be retail price at launch, however, during the pre-order time, they will actually add incensitive to purchase the digital version. Nintendo doesn't do that.

- Steam also offers heavy price cuts from the original release price only a couple of weeks after release. Even for big titles. Nintendo takes YEARS to drop the price. FFS, Super Mario Galaxy 2 is still 49.99$ MSRP NEW!!!!! It has been released for YEARS!!! The only thing to have rebates seems to be... 3rd party games which most of the time, are available on PC and... Steam.

- Allow fans to create their own content for the games a company release. Steam has Steam Workshop which I believe to be pretty darn popular. I do not count how much hacks of Mario Kart Wii and New Super Mario Wii there are on the net... To be able to run those hacks, you need a modded Wii. Since Nintendo doesn't allow user created content, they are bound for hackers to get into the system to allow people to do just that.

And the list goes on.

Additionally, allowing people to do more with their console than just play games (Steam is on PC, Mac and Linux so it doesn't apply...) i.e. Watch movies without going online or use an online service such as Netflix or YT. How? Play DVDs and Blu-rays. the 360s plays DVDs and the PS3 plays both. And, Nintendo, because they simply refuse to give a single cent to get the rights to play DVDs and/or BDs, are bound to get themselves hacked to allow such things. Oh wait, the optical drive just doesn't read those... so, the homebrews will simply allow to play content from an hard drive or a USB flash drive. Offering a workaround, that's what it will allow.

If you don't believe me, you don't read torrentfreak.com enough. They've been posting articles throughout the years by researchers that takes the issue to heart, actually research and publish actual results; not BS results from say, an anti-piracy company (biased numbers). Even the European Commission agrees that music piracy doesn't affect sales! Smae logic goes for video games. If the latest COD or Halo game sell for a million copies, I don't believe that this actual number will increase if there was no piracy at all. I simply can't believe that.

Don't get me wrong, if my wallet was flowing with cash, I would certainly buy every games I'm interessed in. However, because of ridiculous prices, I never had to play those games... Exemple: Kid Icarus Uprising, Starfox 64 3D, Luigi's Mansion, etc. Those are all 3DS games. Why no WiiU games... well, the offer isn't still quite there. I purchased SMW on the virtual console and when I saw the price I thought... "What a rip-off." Even if it was only 6$ (and I have to actually add the taxes in the region I live in).

Do I plan to hack my console after saying all that? No. Why? I don't want to risk an investment that took months to gather the money for. Anyway, the games I will be actually interessed in will be limited. It's not like Mario/Banjo-like platformers or Perfect Dark or Goldeneye 007 (N64) FPS or Pokemon and Golden Sun-like turn based RPGs were legion these days...

Homebrew = things made by people at home

Piracy = dumping games and playing them with this device.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#46 Lebon14

Lebon14

Blooper

• Members
  • 183 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:23 PM

Homebrew = things made by people at home

Piracy = dumping games and playing them with this device.

Oh, I know. But, piracy, as a term, is widely used in various situation and has various meanings. You know that right? I was using the term on a general basis as in "downloading content for free" and "accessing a protected system by unofficial means". Of course, even homebrew can be considered piracy because, to be able to do an homebrew, you need to access to crack/pirate the console to be able to develop and use it. A game hack, is also some sort of homebrew in some way.  There are various ways to see and understand those terms.

Take you higher

#47 Skywalkman-GB

Skywalkman-GB

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • Fandom:
    ZELDA! + FPS

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:26 PM

Nintendo is probably allowing it to be hacked so it will help promote sales, the thought of free games has to be an incentive haha.

NINTENDO Wii U ID = Skywalkman-GB

Gaming - Wii U Black 32GB - Pro Controller + Wii Red - PC - i5 2400K GTX460 SSC - Studio Setup - Korg microstation - Korg microsampler - Korg microkorg XL - Xenyx 1002 mixer - Boss SL-20 slicer
Find my own tracks, gaming videos etc here http://www.youtube.c...ce?feature=mhee

Posted Image

#48 WaddleDee

WaddleDee

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:38 AM

This crap really shouldn't get supported, Wii U is having it rough as it is.. Every person that decides to pirate a game instead of buying it, thus not appearing in the sales chart, is just helping destroy the game development for Wii U more, and more, and more.

#49 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:28 AM

Oh, I know. But, piracy, as a term, is widely used in various situation and has various meanings. You know that right? I was using the term on a general basis as in "downloading content for free" and "accessing a protected system by unofficial means". Of course, even homebrew can be considered piracy because, to be able to do an homebrew, you need to access to crack/pirate the console to be able to develop and use it. A game hack, is also some sort of homebrew in some way. There are various ways to see and understand those terms.

No, it doesnt, piracy has exactly as many meanings as it has entries in the dictionary. Just because a bunch of stupid people use the word erroneously doesnt mean it gains a new definition.

It means there are a bunch of stupid people with crap vocabulary.

Hacking a system is not piracy, its not even illegal. You've bought the damn system, you can do whatever the hell you want with it for personal use.

pi·ra·cy (p r -s )
n. pl. pi·ra·cies
a. Robbery committed at sea.
b. A similar act of robbery, as the hijacking of an
airplane.

2. The unauthorized use or reproduction of
copyrighted or patented material: software
piracy.

3. The operation of an unlicensed, illegal radio
or television station.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
piracy.

Thats it.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#50 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:30 AM

It allows you to play pirated games...

And I really doubt people would use this hack JUST to keep a backup of all of their games that they OWN.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#51 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:34 AM

It allows you to play pirated games...

And I really doubt people would use this hack JUST to keep a backup of all of their games that they OWN.

Its not a hack, its a disc drive emulator, and this subjects already been covered. Read past posts, no ones promoting software piracy.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#52 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:22 AM

Its not a hack, its a disc drive emulator, and this subjects already been covered. Read past posts, no ones promoting software piracy.

It sits between the motherboard and actual disk drive and pretends to be the disk drive. To me it's a hack.

And I cannot think of any real uses for it that do not involve piracy.

#53 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:30 AM

It sits between the motherboard and actual disk drive and pretends to be the disk drive. To me it's a hack.

And I cannot think of any real uses for it that do not involve piracy.

Hacking the system involves gaining access to the cpu and gpu, this does just what you say, it just emulates the disc drive. At most this would be a modification. But It cant even bypass region locks like a real modchip. Its just a disc drive emulator.

And again, no one has said anything about this having any real uses beyond game theft. Read past posts.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#54 Lebon14

Lebon14

Blooper

• Members
  • 183 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:15 PM

piracy.

Thats it.

Even then, it's still wide for me *shrug*

Take you higher

#55 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:39 AM

Even then, it's still wide for me *shrug*

Its very simple.

Hardware and software are different things.

Hardware is a machine, software is a program hardware runs.

You can do whatever you want with hardware you paid for. You own it. This includes making your own software.

You CAN NOT steal software for it.

You CAN NOT sell software you made without a license.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#56 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 19 May 2013 - 11:41 AM

Pretty sure its real just in alpha stage and probably needs alot of testing.

Right now this wont hurt the wii u since there is not a mass of it.

But i do think that Nintendo will start to block online accounts if it finds a hack system. Or cancel it out with updates.

But then again nintendo may just mess up and block the wrong accouts from a bad disk read error and then get sue by everyone lol.

youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#57 joiemoie

joiemoie

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 12:01 PM

As much of a pirate I was in the Wii, I actually hope that piracy doesn't come out. I want to actually buy all these awesome games and don't want the Wii U sales to get hurt.

Although, I do however, want this hack to be made: http://www.eurogamer...e-wii-u-gamepad The one where it may be possible to stream the gamepad screen over wifi. I think that if they could do the "Pass the controller to someone else far away" just like the PS4 is doing, it could a great feature and a competitive one too. And also, I don't want it to have to be a mod made by hackers. I want Nintendo to do this themselves.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!