Photo

Retro Studios's Game will be announcing real soon.

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#21 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:22 AM

Why are expectations so high for retro's game?

What game have they made since metroid 1 that has been better than the games we get from the likes of crytek?

I think they're competent, and the amount of new hires gives me a bit of hope for a good game, but I don't think they're the best company ever who make the best games ever like the rest of the Wii U fanbase seem to think judging from the Internet.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#22 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:54 AM

Edit: He didn`t mention a FPS, but a First Person game. My bad!

There`s a guy on IGN boards that says it`s a big FPS and that it will graphically impress.

100-Year-Old-Gamer, that`s his name. He opened a topic and by the looks of it, he seems to have a reputation: http://www.ign.com/b...arts.452980149/

According to him, he works at Nintendo... and has met the man, the one called Reggie! B)

Edited by DéliopT, 10 May 2013 - 05:35 AM.

#23 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 10 May 2013 - 04:15 AM

There`s a guy on IGN boards that says it`s a big FPS and that it will graphically impress.

100-Year-Old-Gamer, that`s his name. He opened a topic and by the looks of it, he seems to have a reputation: http://www.ign.com/b...arts.452980149/

According to him, he works at Nintendo... and has met the man, the one called Reggie! B)

Lets hope he's spot on! would love a good fps thats only on Wiiu.

Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#24 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 04:24 AM

Nollog, on 09 May 2013 - 9:22 PM, said:Why are expectations so high for retro's game?What game have they made since metroid 1 that has been better than the games we get from the likes of crytek?
I think they're competent, and the amount of new hires gives me a bit of hope for a good game, but I don't think they're the best company ever who make the best games ever like the rest of the Wii U fanbase seem to think judging from the Internet.

Everything retro has done is better than anything cryteks done gamewise.

Retro has released 4 games, and they are all critically acclaimed from both critics and consumers. Even on metacritics use scores, they are near identical, while crytek has a massive schism between critics (which also have plenty 7 average scored games) and users, often 4 points or more.

Why WOULDNT people have high expectations for retro? Everything they have done has been gold.

100% Of the games they've released have been shown to be of the highest calibur.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#25 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:26 AM

First person. He didn't say it was a shooter.

His infos seem legit, but there are tons of trolls on the web.
No sig.

#26 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:34 AM

First person. He didn't say it was a shooter.

His infos seem legit, but there are tons of trolls on the web.

You are right! I reminded it wrongly.

Soon, we will see if he`s right or not!

#27 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:44 AM

You are right! I reminded it wrongly.

Soon, we will see if he`s right or not!

Some of the information he had about the relationship between Nintendo and EA was very detailed, and his past threads, labeled as spam by the mods, ended up being spot on!  About the Reggie Zelda reveal.

#28 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:40 AM

Some of the information he had about the relationship between Nintendo and EA was very detailed, and his past threads, labeled as spam by the mods, ended up being spot on!  About the Reggie Zelda reveal.

What Reggie Zelda reveal?

#29 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:31 AM

What Reggie Zelda reveal?

He posted a bunch of pictures that showed Reggie dressed up like Link, Reggie next to the Moon from Majora's Mask (the moon dropped like a bomb) then a couple of days later Reggie revealed ALTTP2.

#30 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:26 AM

I think it will be a new IP, but I have no idea what it is.. Hopefully something like banjo kazooie, although no one else probably wants that :(

I want that. I have my doubts anyone will be able to duplicate the awesomeness of Rare back in those days, but if ever someone was to do it, It'd be Retro

#31 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 12:09 PM

Why are expectations so high for retro's game?
What game have they made since metroid 1 that has been better than the games we get from the likes of crytek?

Metroid Prime, MP2 and MP3 were all just amazing. Style wise, graphically there is nothing to compare to it.

DK is probably my least favorite game, but that's because I don't really like DK. Hence, I haven't played it and probably not a good person to judge said game.

So why shouldn't I have huge expectations?

Edited by MorbidGod, 10 May 2013 - 12:11 PM.

Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#32 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 10 May 2013 - 12:14 PM

Edit: He didn`t mention a FPS, but a First Person game. My bad!

He did mention later that it is the best looking shooter he's ever seen, including Killzone: Shadowfall.

#33 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:42 PM

He posted a bunch of pictures that showed Reggie dressed up like Link, Reggie next to the Moon from Majora's Mask (the moon dropped like a bomb) then a couple of days later Reggie revealed ALTTP2.

Then the guy/girl really knows something.

He did mention later that it is the best looking shooter he's ever seen, including Killzone: Shadowfall.

Nice! B)

#34 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:00 PM

Then the guy/girl really knows something.

Nice! B)

Also mentioned that there will be 3-5 NA focused ND's starting before e3 on going through e3.  He also said there would be a couple of new IPs, but that one of them may not be revealed.  Also mentioned that the most he expects to be shown about Zelda U is artwork.

That we should expect to see Shin'en working on a Nintendo IP "with a genre that begins with R" and showed a picture of a wave.

#35 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:03 PM

Also mentioned that there will be 3-5 NA focused ND's starting before e3 on going through e3.  He also said there would be a couple of new IPs, but that one of them may not be revealed.  Also mentioned that the most he expects to be shown about Zelda U is artwork.

That we should expect to see Shin'en working on a Nintendo IP "with a genre that begins with R" and showed a picture of a wave.

Only read until page 2 and then the last 2-3 pages - don`t want to ruin the fun! :laugh:

3-5 NDs is like... wow! ^_^

#36 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:06 PM

Only read until page 2 and then the last 2-3 pages - don`t want to ruin the fun! :laugh:

3-5 NDs is like... wow! ^_^

That's on top of the 30 minute games talk.

His last post was him checking in to say that they were working on getting the ND's filmed and edited, and gearing up for the next couple of weeks.

By the way, I'm pretty sure the information that was leaked there was the same information that the CVG editor saw when he posted something along the lines of "what Nintendo have in store will bury me at the bottom of the list of discredited Wii U detractors"

Edited by routerbad, 10 May 2013 - 02:11 PM.

#37 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:11 PM

Everything retro has done is better than anything cryteks done gamewise.
Retro has released 4 games, and they are all critically acclaimed from both critics and consumers. Even on metacritics use scores, they are near identical, while crytek has a massive schism between critics (which also have plenty 7 average scored games) and users, often 4 points or more.
Why WOULDNT people have high expectations for retro? Everything they have done has been gold.
100% Of the games they've released have been shown to be of the highest calibur.

I said the likes of.
Crysis 1 was pretty good, but in a similar tale, the second and third games in that series also disappointed.
I mean metroid prime didn't get bad bad, but it didn't get better either.

3 metroids, 1 compilation of metroids, 1 mario kart 7 track that had to be patched, dkcr.
To me personally, it's not an impressive list.
They're relatively new, and haven't really done anything AAAAAAA yet.

Keeping in mind Prime was before costs and standards skyrocketed.

Metroid Prime, MP2 and MP3 were all just amazing. Style wise, graphically there is nothing to compare to it.
DK is probably my least favorite game, but that's because I don't really like DK. Hence, I haven't played it and probably not a good person to judge said game.
So why shouldn't I have huge expectations?

Because I don't want to see you hurt when julio says killzone is better.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#38 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:40 PM

Some of the information he had about the relationship between Nintendo and EA was very detailed, and his past threads, labeled as spam by the mods, ended up being spot on! About the Reggie Zelda reveal.

Could you link the posts?
No sig.

#39 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:52 PM

Could you link the posts?

Here

#40 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:42 PM

I said the likes of.
Crysis 1 was pretty good, but in a similar tale, the second and third games in that series also disappointed.
I mean metroid prime didn't get bad bad, but it didn't get better either.

3 metroids, 1 compilation of metroids, 1 mario kart 7 track that had to be patched, dkcr.
To me personally, it's not an impressive list.
They're relatively new, and haven't really done anything AAAAAAA yet.
Keeping in mind Prime was before costs and standards skyrocketed.

Because I don't want to see you hurt when julio says killzone is better.

Um, okay.

Here

First person could mean a lot. It could be metroid. Hmmmm. But Zelda and Star Fox probably ain't going to be happening. So Metroid or new IP.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!