Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:01 AM

On his online radio show, Metal Gear creator Hideo Kojima talked about why there wasn't an Xbox 360 version of Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection.

"I'm sorry to say an Xbox 360 version isn't being released, because an Xbox 360 version of MGS4 hasn't gone on sale," Kojima said. "To explain the situation, the amount of data in MGS4 is just too enormous."

The PS3, Kojima pointed out, uses Blu-ray. The Xbox 360 uses DVD. So if Konami were to put out MGS4 on the Xbox 360, one of Kojima's co-hosts added, it would take up seven DVDs. In the past, Kojima has mentioned similar high DVD disc counts for the game—thus, explaining the above meme image from year's past.

"I want to put it [presumably, The Legacy Collection] out [on the Xbox 360]," Kojima continued. "But we won't be releasing it."

"When it's the next [Xbox] console, maybe we can release it [again, presumably, The Legacy Collection]," added Kojima. "If we released a version on the Xbox 360 without MGS4, then it's not The Legacy Collection."

http://kotaku.com/wh...egacy-486997368

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:42 AM

Probably best. Just so long as they don't release a cut down version for 360 compared to the PS3's, that might be worse.

#3 Ninjanuity

Ninjanuity

Goomba

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:23 AM

Did anybody here play Metal Gear Online, the multiplayer counterpart for MGS4? Easily the best online shooter. Although doubtful, I wonder if it will be included in this legacy collection (the servers were closed last June :( )

tumblr_inline_mi3cwr3d8x1qz4rgp.gif

#4 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:33 AM

Makes sense. I don't want one game taking up 7 DVDs. Maybe they could do digital though?

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#5 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • NNID:Happy_Monk
  • Fandom:
    Kirby + Dragonball mostly.

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:01 AM

What about the Wii U?

Wii U's discs have the same capacity as Blu-rays...

Man I want some Metal Gear Solid on my Wii U.

Bring the noise.

#6 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:13 AM

What about the Wii U?

Let's be serious here Wii U doesn't have a chance

#7 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:13 AM

Actually it does, technically.

#8 dante👌

dante👌

Special Product

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:15 AM

Wait correct me if i am wrong, But wasn't MGS Playstation exclusive before?

#9 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:18 AM

Just give us the price already Kojima

Did anybody here play Metal Gear Online, the multiplayer counterpart for MGS4? Easily the best online shooter. Although doubtful, I wonder if it will be included in this legacy collection (the servers were closed last June :( )

Oh my god I LOVED the multiplayer, best Multiplayer ever.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#10 dmann

dmann

Blooper

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:29 AM

why not, there have been a lot of metal gear solid games for Nintendo, even up to the game cube.

Nintendo Network ID: dmann21
3DS Friend Code: 2750-1109-4924

#11 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:05 AM

Actually it does, technically.

Wasn't talking about tech.... There is no way they even c sider this port for Wii U. 75% of the industry have no respect for this console or want anything to do with it.

#12 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:27 AM

What about the Wii U?

Wii U discs don't have the same capacity as bluerays. They only go up to 25GB in size. Bluerays can hold up to 50GB. In fact MGS4 takes close to 50GB of space. Granted a lot of that is cut scenes.

Edited by Gamejunkie, 02 May 2013 - 11:29 AM.

#13 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:46 PM

Wii U discs don't have the same capacity as bluerays. They only go up to 25GB in size. Bluerays can hold up to 50GB. In fact MGS4 takes close to 50GB of space. Granted a lot of that is cut scenes.

Wii U discs can be dual layered to hold 50gb. The only thing that I think would hold it back is thatbthe MGS4 engine would have to be completely reworked to run on Wii U, as it was heavily optimised for the Cell Processor.

Wasn't talking about tech.... There is no way they even c sider this port for Wii U. 75% of the industry have no respect for this console or want anything to do with it.

Kojima never said anything bad about the Wii U. Even though MGSV isn't coming to the system, that Miiverse leak from a few months back said metal gear solid. Almost every other thing it said has been confirmed, so it seems likely.

If MGSV doesn't have some form of Metal Gear Online I will be so pissed off. I don't have a PS3, so I never got to experience it. Love Peace Walker's online though.

If Legacy Collection makes it on Wii U, do you think they would replace MGS1 and VR Missions with Twin Snakes amd maybe Ghost Babel? (currently the highest rated Metal Gear game ever) I personally wouldn't, so it would be more authentic, but they need to release Twin Snakes in HD sometime.

Edited by TheUltimateWaddleDee, 02 May 2013 - 04:51 PM.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#14 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:49 PM

Hasn't MGS been with japanese consoles? If it comes to the 720, then I can safely assume it will be coming to other consoles.

Posted Image

#15 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:44 PM

Funny thing is that its Kojima, the guy who wanted Solid Snake In Melee, and he's not releasing his games in a Nintendo console. That's F'ed up.

Edited by Julio93, 02 May 2013 - 06:44 PM.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#16 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:12 PM

I loled at the 360 part, GREAT SCOTT 7 DISCS!!!! O_O

#17 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:10 AM

why not, there have been a lot of metal gear solid games for Nintendo, even up to the game cube.

"A Lot"? Quite the opposite. On Nintendo systems, there's been a port of the original MG and Snake's Revenge for NES, Metal Gear for GameBoy, the remake of MGS1 for GC, and a 3DS port of MGS3. So of the games I've listed, only three are even in the main series. That's it.  Why MGS2 has yet to appear on a Nintendo system is beyond me. 

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#18 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • NNID:Happy_Monk
  • Fandom:
    Kirby + Dragonball mostly.

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:49 AM

I loled at the 360 part, GREAT SCOTT 7 DISCS!!!! O_O

Anybody who says great scott knows what they are on about.

By the way, weight has nothing to do with it.

Bring the noise.

#19 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:05 AM

25% is more than 0%, so yes, it does technically have a chance.

#20 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:07 AM

25% is more than 0%, so yes, it does technically have a chance.

Ok let's wait for the announcement.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!