Photo

What do Nintendo IPs have that SONY IPs lack?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Blade of Dyna

Blade of Dyna

Spear Guy

• Banned
  • 84 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kirby and Zelda

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:57 PM

What makes Nintendo titles better console sellers than SONY titles?

Edited by Blade of Dyna, 02 May 2013 - 12:57 PM.

#2 PyroKinesis

PyroKinesis

Boo

• Members
  • 534 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Party, Animal Crossing

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:59 PM

Why is everything about Nintendo vs X or Y for you? That's all I have seen you post, complain about in statuses, etc.

#3 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:01 PM

What makes Nintendo titles better console sellers than SONY titles?

Both Nintendo and Sony have some excellent exclusive IPs.  I don't see any reason to assert that Nintendo IP's are better system sellers than Sony IP's, other than the fact that Nintendo builds a lot of anticipation around their titles, takes a long time to ensure they are ridiculously polished, and introduces substantial new gameplay elements with a few of their IP's.  There are a few Sony titles that could convince me to buy a PS4 if they are confirmed for development as well.

#4 Half

Half

Blooper

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • NNID:HalfName
  • Fandom:
    Curse all fanboys/girls.

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:08 PM

I like them both equally.
I adored Ratchet/Jak/Sly and I've enjoyed their new games too.
I adored Mario/Zelda/Yoshi and I've enjoyed their new games too.
Sony and Nintendo both have really good IPs, just that Nintendo does more with theirs. (What I would give for another true Jak game)

Sony has it's highlights, so does Nintendo, blah blah blah sthap hatin'

Edited by Half, 02 May 2013 - 01:33 PM.

FmEkJ2.gif

#5 Garolymar

Garolymar

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 253 posts
  • NNID:Garolymar
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin/ Anything else Nintendo.

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:10 PM

I would say Nintendo's IP are better at selling Nintendo consoles because that is the number one reason you would buy a Nintendo console in the first place. Nintendo depends on its own IP a lot more heavily than Sony needs too. Either of them being better than the other though is really a matter of opinion.

Posted Image

#6 My Body is Ready

My Body is Ready

Red Koopa Troopa

• Banned
  • 65 posts
  • Fandom:
    Ready Bodies

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:11 PM

Originality. 

1017467_139128322956272_1698619176_n.jpg

#7 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:13 PM

......You're joking right?

Well in my mind Nintendo's IPs are most polished, most original and light hearted for everyone that can enjoy it than Sony's. Sony's IPs are popular because of the amount of violence,  writing and cut scenes that should be in a movie.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#8 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:20 PM

Sugar, spice and everything nice!

Seriously, they sell better because thse franchises have been around for decades and decades, always evolving and of high quality gameplay and fun. Every little detail about them is just pure fun.

#9 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:30 PM

Just get a PS4 when it comes out. You've been doing nothing but negatively criticizing the Wii U as of late. I don't understand why someone lets themselves be unhappy over something they have control over. And you'll most likely ignore my post by writing me off as a Nintendo fanboy and make another thread/comment/status about the same thing.

Edited by Gaymer, 02 May 2013 - 01:31 PM.

#10 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:16 PM

Nintendo doesn't end up butchering their IPs.

Posted Image

#11 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:40 PM

Nintendos IPS are totally unique, I could get the same experience for 75% of Sony's IPS by playing a 3rd party game.

2lvmghw.png

#12 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:43 PM

I'm not sure how to analyze it technically, but there's something that Nintendo IP's have that just makes me really excited to buy them and play the crap outta them.  It may be a mix of nostalgia factor (my first consoles were the NES and N64) with the overall polish of the 1st party Nintendo games, but I can't put my finger on it exactly.  I feel like, the way the gaming culture has developed, I should want to play all these super mature (I call it bombs-blood-boobs), hollywood-esque games that come out on the other systems, and I've certainly owned an Xbox 360 in the past and still have a PS3 now, but for whatever reason I find myself getting those games and getting tired of them very quickly.  They don't inspire me and I usually have trouble finishing them.  Nintendo still seems to do "games" the best.  They understand the "magic" of video gaming.  If I wanted to watch an action-thriller, I'd just watch an action thriller.  Playing one gets boring after a while and I find that I'd just prefer to watch a movie if I want that kind of experience.  

Edited by kokirii, 02 May 2013 - 02:45 PM.

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#13 BrandedSwordsman

BrandedSwordsman

Boo

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:53 PM

There's just something in Nintendo exclusives you can't replicate. 

250px-SuperMarioGalaxy.jpgLegend_of_Zelda_Skyward_Sword_boxart.pngXenoblade_box_artwork.png

Pure/ rich gameplay, amazing artwork, epic soundtracks, just more memorable experiences. Sony is not as consistent with their franchises. Naughty Dog is either working on Uncharted 4 or a new IP.. the Media Molecule guys are working on a new IP... Guerrilla is working on KillZone ShadowFall... SuckerPunch is working on Infamous SecondSon... Evolution is working on a new IP.

Nintendo not only stays true to their franchises but manage to break new ground, reinventing themselves when they seemingly run out of room to grow.

Edited by RogueStatus28, 02 May 2013 - 03:00 PM.

#14 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:27 PM

They don't have Zelda, all has been said.

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#15 BrandedSwordsman

BrandedSwordsman

Boo

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:38 PM

People say "Sony is so awesome because they make new IP's!!" 

Sony could show a bunch of new awesome IP's at E3 but people would still want the old, the legacy of Sony

Where's their PS1 created franchises such as Crash, Spyro, Twisted Metal, Parappa the Rapper, and Syphon Filter, etc? Even their PS2 created franchises such as Jak, Ratchet, Sly, and Socom. 

I like them both equally.
I adored Ratchet/Jak/Sly and I've enjoyed their new games too.
I adored Mario/Zelda/Yoshi and I've enjoyed their new games too.
Sony and Nintendo both have really good IPs, just that Nintendo does more with theirs. (What I would give for another true Jak game)

Sony has it's highlights, so does Nintendo, blah blah blah sthap hatin'

Honestly are we going to even see Ratchet, Jak, or Sly on the PS4? 

Naughty Dog is stuck on Uncharted/ new IP's, SuckerPunch is stuck on Infamous, and Insomniac has been mediocre.

Like I said, they're not as consistent with their franchises as Nintendo. 

#16 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:11 PM

Just get a PS4 when it comes out. You've been doing nothing but negatively criticizing the Wii U as of late. I don't understand why someone lets themselves be unhappy over something they have control over. And you'll most likely ignore my post by writing me off as a Nintendo fanboy and make another thread/comment/status about the same thing.

Maybe he's Buramu's successor. 

pNgecl.gif

#17 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:16 PM

Why is everything about Nintendo vs X or Y for you? That's all I have seen you post, complain about in statuses, etc.

Obv. we're all nintendo fans.
that's why she hates us, because we think sony sucks because we like nintendo games sometimes.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#18 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:14 PM

Nintendo Ip's: Amazing. Sony Ip's: Awesome. Microsofts Ip's: Non existant.

#19 Half

Half

Blooper

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • NNID:HalfName
  • Fandom:
    Curse all fanboys/girls.

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:53 AM

Honestly are we going to even see Ratchet, Jak, or Sly on the PS4? 

Naughty Dog is stuck on Uncharted/ new IP's, SuckerPunch is stuck on Infamous, and Insomniac has been mediocre.

Like I said, they're not as consistent with their franchises as Nintendo. 

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought we were talking about sony as a whole, not about the future.
But if we are talking about the future, then I've got two words for ya... NOBODY KNOWS.

FmEkJ2.gif

#20 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:55 AM

There's just something in Nintendo exclusives you can't replicate. 

250px-SuperMarioGalaxy.jpgLegend_of_Zelda_Skyward_Sword_boxart.pngXenoblade_box_artwork.png

Pure/ rich gameplay, amazing artwork, epic soundtracks, just more memorable experiences. Sony is not as consistent with their franchises. Naughty Dog is either working on Uncharted 4 or a new IP.. the Media Molecule guys are working on a new IP... Guerrilla is working on KillZone ShadowFall... SuckerPunch is working on Infamous SecondSon... Evolution is working on a new IP.

Nintendo not only stays true to their franchises but manage to break new ground, reinventing themselves when they seemingly run out of room to grow.

You forgot to add The Last Story. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!