Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:35 PM

http://www.dailymail...video-game.html

'I killed my mom with my .22. I don't know why I did it': Chilling 911 call reveals 13-year-old boy admitting he tried to rape and then shot dead his mom 'for taking away his Call of Duty video game' 
  • Noah Crooks, 14, is accused of shooting dead his mother, Gretchen Crooks, last March
  • His father testified that Gretchen Crooks was the one who bought their son the .22 caliber Ruger used in the slaying
  • Mother and son had a stormy relationship and Noah once said he wanted to kill her, William Crooks said

The jury in the murder trial of an Iowa teenager heard on Wednesday a disturbing 911 call in which the 13-year-old suspect admitted to killing his own mother after a failed attempt to rape her.

Crooks, who is now 14, was charged with first-degree murder and assault with intent to commit sexual abuse in the March 24, 2012, slaying of his mother, 37-year-old Gretchen Crooks.

In the 911 recording made on the night of the murder at the family's Osage home, Noah Crooks could be heard telling dispatcher Barb Michael: 'I’m not joking at all. She’s dead. I’m scared. I killed my mom with my .22. I don’t know why I did it.'

article-2121294-1261AE26000005DC-56_306x
article-2121294-125C3146000005DC-759_306

Killer: Noah Crooks, left, allegedly shot his mother Gretchen, right, multiple times in her Iowa home and then called police

During the conversation, which lasted about 10 minutes, the boy repeated his confession several times The Global Gazette reported.

'I feel crazy and I know I'm not. I think I have some form of ADD,' Crooks told the 911 operator. 'I tried to rape her. I tried to rape her but I couldn't do it.

'Who tries to rape their own mom? My life is down the drain now.'

As Michael placed a call to deputies and sent an ambulance to the Crooks' home, Noah told him that his weapon is empty and appeared concerned that the officers might shoot him.

'I just wish it was a dream so I could wake up and I could kiss her and hug her,' then-13-year-old Crooks said.

Noah rambled on about his mother making him homemade doughnuts earlier that night and expressed disbelief that he killed her after she did that for him.

He then revealed that Gretchen Crooks had taken away his 'Call of Duty' video game because he got bad grades in school, and that is when he snapped.

'Something just came over me,' he told the dispatcher.

article-2121294-125BFCFD000005DC-878_634

Weapon: A motive for the shooting has yet to be reported while the victim's husband, pictured, had a penchant for guns according to his Facebook page

The boy droned on about having to move away and giving up on his dreams of getting into a good college and marrying his eighth-grade girlfriend.

On the first day of Crooks' trial Wednesday, jurors also heard testimony from Mitchell County Sheriff’s Deputies Jeff Huftalin and Greg Halbach, who described the crime scene at 3599 Cameo Avenue, WCF Courier reported.

Gretchen Crooks' bullet-riddled body was found stretched out on a coach. Her pajama top was undone and she was naked from the waist down, Halbach said in court. The woman was not breathing.

The deputies seized the murder weapon, a .22 caliber rifle, which was lying across a chair in the dining room.

Halbach said that he slapped handcuffs on Noah's wrists and placed him in the patrol car. He added that the teenage suspect was not crying and did not appear emotional.

Noah Crooks' attorney is not denying that his client killed his mother, but he claims that the boy suffered what he referred to as a 'tumor of rage, ‘rendering him insane at the time of the slaying

Addressing the jury panel, the lawyer said that a child psychiatrist will testify that Crooks suffers from intermittent explosive disorder - a mental illness marked by repeated episodes of impulsive, aggressive or violent behavior. 

article-2319064-199CC21E000005DC-248_634

Child's play: Noah revealed that his mother had taken away his 'Call of Duty' video game because he got bad grades in school, and that is when he snapped

On Friday, Noah's father, William Crooks, 41, testified that on the day of his wife's murder, he was at a going-away party for his boss when he got a text message from his son that read: 'Dad this is Noah. I killed Mom accidentally, I egret it. Come home now please.'

Crooks was certain that his son was kidding and responded in kind: 'OK. Just throw her in the grove. We'll take care of her later.'

About 20 minutes later, a sheriff's deputy called Mr Crooks and told him that he needed to come home because an accident had taken place.

Crooks pulled up to the house at around 8.20pm on March 24. In court Friday, he described the scene inside his home as 'chaos.'

The father explained o the jury that his was was the disciplinarian in the family, and had a stormy but loving relationship with their son.

Mr Crooks added that the mother and son would fight often, but later make up and play games together. She was the one who bought the .22 caliber Ruger as a present for Noah in 2010 when he was about 11 years old.

The father said that his son did once say that he wanted to kill his mother, but he didn't take the threat seriously. 

There was no history of domestic abuse or criminal records associated with any Crooks family members.

On March 24, 2012, Crooks is believed to have fired a .22 caliber at his mother at their rural home. The teen was said to be calm and emotionless when he called 911 reporting the shooting.

article-2121294-125C5F64000005DC-346_634

Home: Police reported the teenager as sounding calm on the phone though perhaps in shock by what had just happened

'The emotions of the young man, from what I've been told, is his demeanor was very calm and kind of stoic. Almost like he was in shock also,' Deputy Greg Beaver told KTTC at the time.

Mitchell County Sheriff Curt Younker told the DesMoines Register: 'We’re at a loss. These are good people, very responsible. It is the most heartbreaking thing I’ve ever seen.'

'We have lost our daughter. We have lost our grandson,' Mrs Crooks' mother Beverly Brahm of Mason City told the Albert Lea Tribune.

Mrs Crooks, who was listed with her husband William Crooks as the rural Osage property owners, had worked as a nurse at Mercy Medical Center-North Iowa while also studying toward her master's degree after accepted at the University of Iowa in 2009.

On her Facebook page back in 2010, she praised her son, one of two sons according to Mrs Brahm, for his musical talents on the saxophone as well as his accomplishment in being accepted into a University of Iowa camp to learn Chinese.

'So proud of him!' she wrote.

She had also recently published an application on her page reading: 'Click "like" if you love your son!'

Mrs Crooks' death comes as the first reported murder in the city of Osage since 1898, according to KAAL-TV.

article-2121294-125C5E08000005DC-536_634

Praise: The mother had praised her son on her Facebook page for his acceptance into a Chinese language camp at the University of Iowa as well as his playing of the saxophone

article-2121294-125C5E53000005DC-947_634

Arrest: The 13-year-old was taken into custody without incident and taken to the North Iowa Juvenile Detention Center where charges have not yet been filed

Speaking of her daughter with pride, her mother, whom she relishes knowing she was able to say 'I love you' to earlier in the day of her passing, described the 37-year-old as studying 'full time, while she was working full time,' according to the Courier.

Wanting to make a difference wherever she could, Mrs Crooks previously served among a team of doctors and nurses who traveled to provide medical relief to the Hurricane Katrina and Rita victims in the Gulf in 2005.

Serving as a critical care nurse, she cared for patients in a makeshift hospital.

William Crooks' Facebook page shows his interest in the US Concealed Carry association as well as the Springfield Armory, a company that sells pistols and rifles.

'Gretchen was a great nurse and leader. We, as members of her Mercy family, continue to mourn for her and will be holding a memorial service. Our hearts and prayers go out to her family and friends.'

article-2121294-125C9CBE000005DC-310_634

Nurse: Mrs Crooks worked as a nurse at Mercy Medical Center-North Iowa while also studying toward her master's degree at the University of Iowa

article-2121294-125C9CB5000005DC-391_634

Grade school: The boy's school of Osage Middle School says they're contacting students' families and offering counseling

Oh. My. God. This is one f'ed up kid. I can't even believe this even happened.......

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#2 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:43 PM

Wow that's messed up.

794144.png?13383682

#3 Gbird99

Gbird99

Goomba

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mlp: FiM, Doctor Who, Legend of Zelda,

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:47 PM

That is just terrible!! 

Edit: Read it over again more carefully, that boy is downright MESSED UP!!

Edited by Gbird99, 04 May 2013 - 10:31 PM.

#4 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:49 PM

That's crazy and kinda scary. Little boy is obviously not right in the head.

#5 XxNightfallxX

XxNightfallxX

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • Fandom:
    Blind Guardian, Elder Scrolls

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:53 PM

Disturbing news indeed.

#6 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:07 PM

POPULAR

****Insert comment here about how videogame violence is polluting the minds of Americans and that it needs to be banned***

#7 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:12 PM

sick freak

#8 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:37 AM

Hope this doesn't turn into one of those "VIDEO GAMES MAKES KIDS VIOLENT" stuff, because Call Of Duty did teach kids to rape moms...

The kid is just messed up in the head, also who in the world would buy there kid a .22 at the age of 11... 

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#9 Klobb

Klobb

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • Fandom:
    Waluigi and Durant

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:24 AM

A mum bought her son a gun? 

That's America's gun laws in a nutshell.

If you think Smogon ban stuff

"Just because they can't beat it"

You clearly don't play OU

You clearly have no knowledge of the metagame

And you clearly don't deserve to have an opinion.

#10 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:49 AM

Stop buying kids guns!!! This is sad news indeed.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#11 Luca

Luca

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:47 AM

Did the kid think that his mom would respawn? He said I wish this was a dream or whatever, what an idiot. This is why you don't buy you're mentally unstable children shooting games, or guns.

#12 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:11 AM

That's damn weird, why would someone buy their child a gun? Ugh, just another reason for the anti-gun crowd to petition against our rights.

#13 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:27 AM

This will, without a doubt, raise more questions on the subject videogames and violence. However, obviously this child is just... F***ed up. No one will kill someone over a simple videogame unless you're really sick in your mind.

Instead of discussing the topics of videogames, people should rather debate the topic of gun availability in the US. Gun killings seem to be a more prominent event every day.

No sig.

#14 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:22 AM

Call Of Duty is a 18 rated game, he should not of been playing it anyway, anyone who plays a underage game should get the chair !

I really couldn't care less about Americans shooting each other, Americans themselves don't care, they actually seem to enjoy being allowed to buy guns & shoot each other, saves them shooting at other poor people in other countries though, until Americans themselves care & do something about actual gun control i will continue to not give a stuff about them :)

Edited by alan666, 05 May 2013 - 11:24 AM.

#15 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • NNID:Koopamann14
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon the Series: XY and PS4

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:41 AM

I was right about to post this...

Who attempts to rape their own mother?

I shower you with coconut cream pies.

#16 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:51 AM

This is terrible... His life is over, and he knows it.

Who attempts to rape their own mother?

We can already tell he's not right in the head, so the attempted rape makes sense.

#17 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:57 AM

Kid's an idiot!

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#18 aaron

aaron

noraA

• Members
  • 756 posts
  • Fandom:
    You

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:25 PM

He said he 'knew' he wasn't crazy, killing someone over a video game getting taken up is crazy, and it's stupid too, I mean what kind of moron does that?

by chance

#19 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:48 PM

I couldn't even read the whole thing, so I don't think it has fully sunk in yet.

But I did guess Call of Duty (or something similar) when I read the title.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#20 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:49 PM

I could of sworn I posted here.

Anyway, this is really unfortunate.  Obviously he wasn't in the "right" state of mind, he probably has psychological issues that never were addressed. The media of course will blame violent video games like always, instead of actually looking further into this. Truly an egregious act, I  would need dream of harming my mother, let alone another living thing. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!