Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:54 PM

http://www.escapistm...ust-be-The-Best

Sony Worldwide Studios president Shuhei Yoshida says the biggest challenge with the PS4 was to make it attractive to third-party developers.

"We need to make sure users consider the PS4 version to be the best and the one they want to play," said Sony Worldwide president Shuhei Yoshida to Japanese publication 4gamer.net. "That might mean that the graphics are better, the controller is more comfortable, or the console is more user-friendly, like you don't have to turn the power on and off or you can switch between your game and Netflix at will. Those things will become key." Yoshida discussed at length the PS4's focus on third party development, along with the limitations of the "share button," and where the PS4 stands on the "war for the living room."

Yoshida says that the biggest challenge Sony faced in the PS4's development was trying to make the machine friendlier for third-party developers to make games for. "Even we, had a hard time developing for PS3 [at first]. But third parties had real trouble developing or porting games, because [the system] was so different," explains Yoshida, mirroring comments from big-name third-party developers such as Bethesda, who have run into difficulties with the PS3 ports of its games in the past.

The PS3 has seen some amazing games squeezed out of its aging and complicated hardware, but Yoshida says for the PS4 they really want to create a better development environment for third-party developers right from the start. He confirms that the inclusion a massive 8GB RAM for the PS4 was a response to demands from developers who struggled with the PS3's sparse 256MB RAM. "There is a saying that the ease of making something goes hand in hand with the ease of doing business. So we want to make it easier to do business and to build an ecosystem."

"It's difficult to believe that games like The Last Of Us and Beyond: Two Souls are running on exactly the same hardware as those early games. Those developers have studied hard to make a great PS3 game. But it's taken a long time [for developers] to reach this point. This time we're considering how to create a better development environment for third parties from the start"

The "share" button is one of the most touted features of Sony's upcoming console, giving players a dedicated button to desperately try and show off their wicked sick Call of Duty highlights to their friends. It will however, come with a few limitations, as Yoshida explains: "There will be parts of a game that the maker does not want people to be able to see," he said. "For example, on Vita, developers can in certain scenes disable the feature that lets users take a screenshot, and [the Share function] will have a similar mechanism. The creator may not want to make video of the final boss sharable, for instance."

"In terms of the 'war for the living room', we have no intention of abandoning that approach. After all, Sony is a company that has a long history of making audio-visual products that are designed for the living room, so this is a natural course for us," said Yoshida. He said when the PS4 was first revealed, they wanted to focus on the most important aspect of the console: that it is a gaming machine, hence the multimedia aspects of the system were slightly downplayed.

Sheesh, employees who work at Sony love to brag alot.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#2 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:00 PM

Woohoo PS4 will have the "best" version of Call of Duty

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#3 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:17 PM

PC* will have the best multi-plats. Silly Shuhei.

Posted Image

#4 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:24 PM

That's the thing.

The PS4 is a budget PC.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#5 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:51 PM

Well, the PS3 had decent multi-platforms, so this could be eventually reality. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#6 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:24 PM

Good for Sony, though i still have no plans to get a PS4, i hope the Wii U doesn't miss out on most mutiplats this gen.

#7 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:24 PM

Isn't this contradicting Microsoft's news about having lots of 3rd parties on the next console? Seems nothing more than empty promises to me.

#8 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:38 PM

"Rip off and shout". You gotta be a pro at it to be a Sony employee. Yea, Sony All Star Battle Royale, an innovative experience. LOL

Posted Image

#9 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:40 PM

That doesn't look like a list of empty promised though. That looks like a list of what the PS4 will do. It doesn't seen like a.contradiction either. Third parties will always be Willies, getting horny over things they should and what they shouldn't.

Knowing me, I'll probably end up with one. I find that playstation gets ridiculously good exclusives regardless of how crap the system is doing. PS4 will not be an exception.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#10 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:51 PM

PC will have the best multi-platform games? yah right, games these days are designed for consoles. As for Sony employees pumping up their own company, what else do you expect? Sony employee: "Well, we hope the PS4 does well. . .uhm, we know there might be some concerns about the power of the PS4, but we think it'll just take time". Oh wait, that's someone else. . .

I don't care if a Sony employee thinks the PS4 is going to be the bee's knees. I'll make my own decision. How is this even an article? It's more like a press release.

#11 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:20 PM

The president of Sony Worldwide Studios is telling us they have the best product?

Didn't see that coming.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#12 itogi

itogi

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • NNID:Shiranko
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Okami & SSB

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:51 PM

That doesn't look like a list of empty promised though. That looks like a list of what the PS4 will do. It doesn't seen like a.contradiction either. Third parties will always be Willies, getting horny over things they should and what they shouldn't.

Knowing me, I'll probably end up with one. I find that playstation gets ridiculously good exclusives regardless of how crap the system is doing. PS4 will not be an exception.

Time will tell whether they are empty promises or not. Call me cynical, but I am not impressed. I prefer to see things in action. Lots of these companies make promises they never keep.

Edited by itogi, 05 May 2013 - 09:51 PM.

5R5PY4h.jpg

#13 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:58 PM

Wow didn't know the PS3 only has 256mb to play with! 

Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#14 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:05 AM

Its got nothing to do with bragging but promoting their products and giving people a reason to buy it. Microsoft does the same thing. Nintendo should do it too but just they are not aggressive enough to do so. Nintendo's problem is they are just to deeply set in Japanese culture and business practices unlike Sony who see it as a global market and that the only way to succeed is to do business the western way.

Maybe or maybe not but the PC is not a console.

"Rip off and shout". You gotta be a pro at it to be a Sony employee. Yea, Sony All Star Battle Royale, an innovative experience. LOL

Have you even played Playstation All Stars Battle Royal. Its a great game which is unfortunately underrated and didn't sell as well as it should have. Sony is just doing what any company would do and what most co,panties do except for Nintendo and that is tell people why they should buy their product over the competitions.

#15 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:36 AM

You missed my sarcasm. I was poking fun at the "That might mean that the graphics are better"  part.

Posted Image

#16 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:50 AM

You missed my sarcasm. I was poking fun at the "That might mean that the graphics are better"  part.

It might actually help if you put the sarcastic smiley then. Like this one - ;)

#17 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:12 AM

Its got nothing to do with bragging but promoting their products and giving people a reason to buy it. Microsoft does the same thing. Nintendo should do it too but just they are not aggressive enough to do so. Nintendo's problem is they are just to deeply set in Japanese culture and business practices unlike Sony who see it as a global market and that the only way to succeed is to do business the western way.

Have you even played Playstation All Stars Battle Royal. Its a great game which is unfortunately underrated and didn't sell as well as it should have. Sony is just doing what any company would do and what most co,panties do except for Nintendo and that is tell people why they should buy their product over the competitions.

They didn't say best console port, they said best port. And I have played battle royale, and I liked the idea of smash bros with Sony characters. But they executed it completely wrong. It was a bad game, and more people agree with me than not. You had to punch the crap out of people, to fill up your own meter, to knock someone out. It was just stupid. Although I did love kicking A** as Nathan Drake.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#18 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:49 AM

Hahaha, thats what they said about the Vita. Sure, they are the best (usually), but only if they actually EXIST on the Vita.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#19 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:09 AM

I remember Nintendo saying this as well. So far, that hasn't happened. We'll see if this becomes true.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#20 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:15 AM

Not even being a fanboy because i love sony, but having the best multiplats doesn't change the fact that 3rd party companies need to step it up.

If / since ps4 is "So powerful and amzing" i expect EVERY ps4 game to run at 60 fps, without hiccup and glitches.

Is this unrealistic? then why do we need more powerful consoles? why is 8gb of DDR5 ram a big deal if these developers can't do this.

This is why I'm not into specs, because few developers can maximize them, or chose not to maximize.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!