• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#1 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:39 AM

Hey there Whovians (or future Whovians, if I can persuade you to watch the show!).

This is the Wii U Fourm's Doctor Who Discussion Thread. Feel free to:

Ask questions

Review an episode

Make top 10 lists

etc.

Spoiler

Have fun Whovians!

Edited by Mournblade, 21 May 2013 - 06:18 PM.
Go ahead and spoil the ending for someone who hasn't been able to watch any of the newest season. We do have spoiler tags.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#2 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:47 AM

May, The month of the Fifth Doctor(in the US anyway) :D

149678-the-doctor-the-doctor-the-fifth.j

#3 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:28 AM

Here's what we know.

The TARDIS dislikes Clara. The last person she hated was Jack harkness, which is because Rose used the Tardis' core to become the Bad Wolf Entity to bring him back forever. Thus, I believe Clara's perpetual affiliation is somehow caused by the Tardis, or at least time-lord technology.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#4 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:59 AM

A few of my friends like this show.

Edited by Blake, 07 May 2013 - 09:59 AM.

#5 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:10 AM

A few of my friends like this show.

*waits for Kat*

Posted Image

#6 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:52 AM

The past few series (since Steven Moffat took over) have been terrible. Badly written, overly-complex plots, boring enemies, cheesy dialogue and silly "twists" that everyone was already expecting. Basically just a general lack of excitement in comparison to the Russell T Davies era. Also, Arthur Darvill and Karen Gillan's poor acting skills didn't help.

But the current series is a huge improvement. Still lacking something from the 9th and 10th doctors' series but still much more entertaining than the previous series.

I should add that I am a whovian. I have been a fan of the classic series since before the new series came out (my dad was a big fan). My recommendation for people who have not watched the show is to start with some classic stories and then watch the renewed series as the classic episodes are much better.

Edited by Hunter, 07 May 2013 - 11:56 AM.

#7 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:32 PM

I've only watched the 2005 doctor who. Haven't seen any of the classics (besides first episode) and tbh, clara is my favorite partner the doctor has had, With David Tenant as my favorite doctor.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#8 8BitDisaster

8BitDisaster

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Fandom:
    Inu-Yasha, DaH, LSOH, Mega Man, Mario

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:13 PM

Only seen it once, but I just have to post this.

tumblr_mmfymnRmcD1qkk5vyo1_500.jpg

scanty_and_kneesocks_transform_by_tdi_gw

Steam - 8BitDisaster

Tumblr - 8BitDisaster

#9 meitantei_conan

meitantei_conan

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • NNID:qublin_triforce

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:09 PM

a8d1ab487a4e0f83d062118ff9dfa14a.jpeg

CLARA OSWALD!!!!

CLARA OSWALD!!!!!!!!! 

#10 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:32 PM

I haven't started the newest season yet with the new chick.  The previous one sort of turned me away from the series as Moffat is trying too hard...  It's all feels super pretentious and edgy where Moffat cannot go without adding some positivity or destroying some linear or basic storytelling element...

But I like Matt Smith, he's definitely better and more whimsical than Tennant.  I don't know what went wrong, Russel Davies cannot write sci-fi at all, but Moffat can't stay away from ruining everything (face if, the original weeping angels episode was better than the others)...

I really need to watch some of the older stuff, I haven't seen a whole lot other than 1 and 4...

#11 Kat

Kat

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who, Nintendo, Anime

Posted 13 May 2013 - 10:36 AM

*waits for Kat*

I

AM

HERE

#12 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:24 PM

Are you all excited for the series finale? Did any of you guys get the DVD early?

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#13 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:05 AM

The past few series (since Steven Moffat took over) have been terrible. Badly written, overly-complex plots, boring enemies, cheesy dialogue and silly "twists" that everyone was already expecting. Basically just a general lack of excitement in comparison to the Russell T Davies era. Also, Arthur Darvill and Karen Gillan's poor acting skills didn't help.

But the current series is a huge improvement. Still lacking something from the 9th and 10th doctors' series but still much more entertaining than the previous series.

I should add that I am a whovian. I have been a fan of the classic series since before the new series came out (my dad was a big fan). My recommendation for people who have not watched the show is to start with some classic stories and then watch the renewed series as the classic episodes are much better.

I concur concordantly.

I prefer the old series to all the newest.
Some are just too funny, even if they didn't mean to be.

But I like Matt Smith, he's definitely better and more whimsical than Tennant.

ikr, he reminds me of the first doctor and parts of the third I think it was, the guy with the whistle.

Edited by Nollog, 14 May 2013 - 04:07 AM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#14 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:20 PM

Matt Smith is my favorite Doctor, and honestly I don't dislike Moffat that much. I have enjoyed the past 3 series, though series 7 does have a sense of being rushed. I can't wait till the finale. I don't find the plots that complex, unless your trying to figure out which river is which. /honestly I'm not good at guessing plots ahead either. River = daughter of Amy, I was like what??

I started with Rose, and if you can enjoy that, Doctor Who is the show for you. The chemistry between the Doctor and Clara is perfect, and heart tearing {Journey to the centre of the TARDIS].

Stupid Snowmads!

#15 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:45 PM

I am curious as to what Clara is. I consider that far more important than what the Doctor's name is. unless it's Larry Oswald, then I'd be interested.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#16 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 18 May 2013 - 12:29 PM

Don't read this if you haven't seen the new episode! I have a question, is john hurt the next doctor? when he was interviewed he said he was only "Part of The Doctor" so am not sure if he is the next doctor or not.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#17 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:41 PM

Don't read this if you haven't seen the new episode! I have a question, is john hurt the next doctor? when he was interviewed he said he was only "Part of The Doctor" so am not sure if he is the next doctor or not.

No, he is a Doctor that the Doctor we know wants to forget. He did something in the Time War so bad that the name 'The Doctor' wasn't suitable for him anymore. So basically, Matt Smith is now the 12th doctor, David is 11th and Chis is 10th.

#18 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 05:08 PM

Well, we have the Valeyard, the dream lord, and the Cyberplanner rattling around in The Doctor's head; so he could represent one of them (most likely the latter)

Or not. Now we wait six months.

Edited by grahamf, 18 May 2013 - 05:11 PM.

#19 Kat

Kat

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who, Nintendo, Anime

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:32 AM

Matt Smith is my favorite Doctor, and honestly I don't dislike Moffat that much. I have enjoyed the past 3 series, though series 7 does have a sense of being rushed. I can't wait till the finale. I don't find the plots that complex, unless your trying to figure out which river is which. /honestly I'm not good at guessing plots ahead either. River = daughter of Amy, I was like what??

I started with Rose, and if you can enjoy that, Doctor Who is the show for you. The chemistry between the Doctor and Clara is perfect, and heart tearing {Journey to the centre of the TARDIS].

Finally! Someone who thinks this too!

#20 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:39 PM

I don't like the trend of the doctor falling balls over heals in love with every girl he takes on board in this series.
I'd like him to just be friends with his companions again like the old days.
There's no need for a romantic side-story.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!