Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:47 AM

POPULAR

kinda dumb, why get a Wii U Dev kit if you're not going to use it.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#3 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:49 AM

Oh_Boy_here_we_go_again_413978.jpg

At this point i've lost all hope on western devs, Hopefully Japanese devs like Capcom, Namco and Sqaure Enix are still on board.

Edited by Jade Sceptile, 08 May 2013 - 08:54 AM.

#4 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:23 AM

Well let's not blame it all on them. If they say they are trying to reach out and can't get in contact with Nintendo. I'm sure we won't hear anything on this and Nintendo will remain silent. I think Nintendo has gone all in on indies 1st parties and whatever 3rd party (platinum games) they can convince to make a game for Wii U.

#5 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:29 AM

In the article is says " the install base is too small " , then it says " nintendo is hard to contact " . So which excuse is it? Surely, if you think the install base is too small you would not bother contacting them.  Or was it, they tried contacting them only to realize the install base was too small.. ? 

LOL . Check out the gif below.. the baby would be the Wii U (since it's still new, young) and Mr. Bean represents the publishers who make excuses to no end seemingly trying to rub it in to wii u owners.

tumblr_mgafzjL8KW1rrqglzo1_500.gif

Edited by Sorceror12, 08 May 2013 - 09:30 AM.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#6 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:39 AM

In the article is says " the install base is too small " , then it says " nintendo is hard to contact " . So which excuse is it? Surely, if you think the install base is too small you would not bother contacting them.  Or was it, they tried contacting them only to realize the install base was too small.. ? 

LOL . Check out the gif below.. the baby would be the Wii U (since it's still new, young) and Mr. Bean represents the publishers who make excuses to no end seemingly trying to rub it in to wii u owners.

tumblr_mgafzjL8KW1rrqglzo1_500.gif

You obviously haven't considered both of them might be true. None of us have an insight into any of these developers and publishers. They obviously have their reasons for not supporting the Wii U and that is a business decision they have made.

#7 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:52 AM

You obviously haven't considered both of them might be true. None of us have an insight into any of these developers and publishers. They obviously have their reasons for not supporting the Wii U and that is a business decision they have made.

Whats interesting about it is that Precursor claim they have been in constant contact with Nintendo, and they don't have a publisher, and are using crowdfunding.  Other developers are tweeting every day that they are now licensed Nintendo developers.  I doubt very seriously they've put much effort into contacting Nintendo.  The install base excuse doesn't really fly either, they obviously already have dev units, and they obviously already are licensed to develop for Wii U, that's a big investment to stop developing on the console because "the user base is too small" when PS4 and XBOX have exactly 0 users.

#8 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:37 AM

better than other excuses i have heard, but it loses liability if you consider PS4/nextbox

#9 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:24 PM

Sounds like they want Nintendo to cough up for funding perhaps in the same way as Lego Undercover. The userbase is too small so they can't fund themselves but would like to develop for wii u. If they did get a free development kit from Nintendo then I guess their reasoning is that currently they can't make use of it. Just Cause isn't a game series I care about I must admit.

I suspect when Nintendo gave out the development kits they were hopeing that developers that received one would knock out a game or two.

#10 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:42 PM

Sounds like they want Nintendo to cough up for funding perhaps in the same way as Lego Undercover. The userbase is too small so they can't fund themselves but would like to develop for wii u. If they did get a free development kit from Nintendo then I guess their reasoning is that currently they can't make use of it. Just Cause isn't a game series I care about I must admit.

I suspect when Nintendo gave out the development kits they were hopeing that developers that received one would knock out a game or two.

The developers that did receive dev units were given them on good faith that they would release a game to the eshop.  Just Cause is published by Eidos and Sqaure Enix, they wouldn't have been given free dev units, they invested in them.  Funding wouldn't be an issue here, and other developers, Straight Right comes to mind, that are developing published titles didn't seem to have a problem communicating with Nintendo.  Neither have any of the indies that have approached them.

#11 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:39 PM

Aww I liked JC2. D:

#12 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:27 PM

Well.....this certainly sucks.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#13 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:24 PM

Perhaps they will change their mind after E3, highly doubt it though.

At least they aren't pulling an EA.

Posted Image

This is where it ends

#14 BobbyRiddle

BobbyRiddle

Thwomp

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 05:28 AM

I think I'm going to have to start ignoring Nintendo 3rd party news at this point.  I think I'll stick to articles about the 1st party games because the 3rd party stuff is getting worse than I ever thought it could get.

Currently playing: AC 3, ZombiU, BLOPS 2, Nintendoland, NSMBU, Nano Assault Neo, Halo 4, Darksiders 2, and Far Cry 3

Wii U ID------BeMore

#15 LaserSWE

LaserSWE

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:06 AM

Avalanche is a small swedish studio with not much to say until a publisher gives them the right to do so. 

#16 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:48 AM

I think I'm going to have to start ignoring Nintendo 3rd party news at this point. I think I'll stick to articles about the 1st party games because the 3rd party stuff is getting worse than I ever thought it could get.

There is a lot of great 3rd party news if you are even paying attention to more than just doom articles and threads. You can blame yourself for your false perception of the current situation

#17 BobbyRiddle

BobbyRiddle

Thwomp

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:36 AM

There is a lot of great 3rd party news if you are even paying attention to more than just doom articles and threads. You can blame yourself for your false perception of the current situation

Is that so?  I have a google search that I use every couple of days........

https://www.google.c...iw=1280&bih=909

You can basically scan through the first 10 pages of results and unless it's news about smartphone games ending up on WiiU, CoD:Ghost, or Ubisoft games you will find very few feel good stories man.  Of course there is a spattering of games making their way to Wii U, but when I am going to end up with FIFA 14 on PC instead of playing it on my game pad that pretty much sets the tone.  I'm not getting joy out of this reality like many on the web seem to be, but I'm not going to push it under the rug either.

Edited by BobbyRiddle, 09 May 2013 - 08:38 AM.

Currently playing: AC 3, ZombiU, BLOPS 2, Nintendoland, NSMBU, Nano Assault Neo, Halo 4, Darksiders 2, and Far Cry 3

Wii U ID------BeMore

#18 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:43 AM

Is that so?  I have a google search that I use every couple of days........

https://www.google.c...iw=1280&bih=909

You can basically scan through the first 10 pages of results and unless it's news about smartphone games ending up on WiiU, CoD:Ghost, or Ubisoft games you will find very few feel good stories man.  Of course there is a spattering of games making their way to Wii U, but when I am going to end up with FIFA 14 on PC instead of playing it on my game pad that pretty much sets the tone.

That's because it's the media, doing what they do best. Many of those stories are based off a simple tweet from the one developer or publisher who said Frostbite 3 engine cannot or was not running well on Wii U. So bloggers and news sites picked this up and wrote a story about it. Many of the stories running on the popular tech and gaming sites are from that simple tweet which was twisted and taken out of context which happens way too often. These "reporters" are so quick to release a story of bad news just to get hits instead of doing a bit more research to understand things.

The other bit of news appearing lately was the developer saying the Wii U is collecting dust and the excuses were, small install base and it was hard contacting Nintendo.

It's a users job to read and research to get a more in depth view as to what is really going on. These articles make it seem like the Wii U is getting no 3rd party games, and that of course is no where near the truth.

In the minds of many in the "news" world, it isn't a story unless you can find something bad or negative within it. Much of the time bad news trumps good news.

Edited by Sorceror12, 09 May 2013 - 08:49 AM.

PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#19 BobbyRiddle

BobbyRiddle

Thwomp

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:13 AM

That's because it's the media, doing what they do best. Many of those stories are based off a simple tweet from the one developer or publisher who said Frostbite 3 engine cannot or was not running well on Wii U. So bloggers and news sites picked this up and wrote a story about it. Many of the stories running on the popular tech and gaming sites are from that simple tweet which was twisted and taken out of context which happens way too often. These "reporters" are so quick to release a story of bad news just to get hits instead of doing a bit more research to understand things.

The other bit of news appearing lately was the developer saying the Wii U is collecting dust and the excuses were, small install base and it was hard contacting Nintendo.

It's a users job to read and research to get a more in depth view as to what is really going on. These articles make it seem like the Wii U is getting no 3rd party games, and that of course is no where near the truth.

In the minds of many in the "news" world, it isn't a story unless you can find something bad or negative within it. Much of the time bad news trumps good news.

I know the reality of the situation, and just like the past couple console generations I'm going to be able to find third party stuff that is catered to the Nintendo experience.  I'm certainly not Daisying about getting games like Lego City, Bayonetta, and Wonderful 101.  Those are awesome games that I would have never wanted to miss out on.  I guess before I bought my Wii U I was really hoping that the recent trend would stop and I could just use my Nintendo machine for Nintendo exclusives and the very few "big games" that I enjoy.  I can't stand EA, but I will never be able to give up my yearly FIFA game....I guess that news really took it's toll on me. 

Wii U ID------BeMore

#20 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:16 AM

I know the reality of the situation, and just like the past couple console generations I'm going to be able to find third party stuff that is catered to the Nintendo experience.  I'm certainly not mother doging about getting games like Lego City, Bayonetta, and Wonderful 101.  Those are awesome games that I would have never wanted to miss out on.  I guess before I bought my Wii U I was really hoping that the recent trend would stop and I could just use my Nintendo machine for Nintendo exclusives and the very few "big games" that I enjoy.  I can't stand EA, but I will never be able to give up my yearly FIFA game....I guess that news really took it's toll on me. 

I understand and agree with you, I am a Fifa fan myself. Grew up playing soccer as a kid and loved the fifa games on my genesis. I am looking forward to Bayonetta and Wonderful 101, and Pikimin 3..., plus others. I think in a year or so the Wii U Library of games will be on par with the 3DS, and that little handheld has an impressive list of GREAT games.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!