Photo

Nintendo looking at the mobile gaming industry is a GOOD thing.

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 djlewe78

djlewe78

Blooper

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:43 PM

I read online (dont reply source, souce, look it up) that nintendo is looking at bringing casual mobile gaming to the wii u by tempting devs with suport getting there software on the e shop.
It apears to have met a lot of critasism but admit it, being able to swap from playin blops 2 to bejewled or words with friends before watching love film doesnt seem like a bad thing to me.
Just hope they dont make £2.00 games ,£10.00 games.

#2 Alecrein

Alecrein

Goomba

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • NNID:Alecrein
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Dynasty Warriors

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:51 PM

I don't think it is a bad thing either. However over saturation, like the mobile marketplace, will make most gamers steer clear. I think the Mobile Market has a lot to offer console and pc gaming but the current setup for the mobile market of flooding consumers with apps and games daily or even hourly makes me hate it. Some people like a vast selection, but to me that is wasted time searching through a ton of trash for a gem.

#3 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:52 PM

Source http://www.inquisitr...one-apps-rumor/
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#4 djlewe78

djlewe78

Blooper

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:59 PM

I don't think it is a bad thing either. However over saturation, like the mobile marketplace, will make most gamers steer clear. I think the Mobile Market has a lot to offer console and pc gaming but the current setup for the mobile market of flooding consumers with apps and games daily or even hourly makes me hate it. Some people like a vast selection, but to me that is wasted time searching through a ton of trash for a gem.

Alecrein, on 13 May 2013 - 01:06 AM, said:I don't think it is a bad thing either. However over saturation, like the mobile marketplace, will make most gamers steer clear. I think the Mobile Market has a lot to offer console and pc gaming but the current setup for the mobile market of flooding consumers with apps and games daily or even hourly makes me hate it. Some people like a vast selection, but to me that is wasted time searching through a ton of trash for a gem.

Alecrein, on 13 May 2013 - 01:06 AM, said:I don't think it is a bad thing either. However over saturation, like the mobile marketplace, will make most gamers steer clear. I think the Mobile Market has a lot to offer console and pc gaming but the current setup for the mobile market of flooding consumers with apps and games daily or even hourly makes me hate it. Some people like a vast selection, but to me that is wasted time searching through a ton of trash for a gem.

i clearly cant use this on a crap phone

#5 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:25 PM

Nintendo never had anything against casual games?

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#6 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:47 PM

Weeeellll there have been other people saying moblie gaming will somehow 'kill' next gen consoles.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#7 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:11 PM

If it helps Nintendo gain traction, it might not be a bad idea.....  I have a Galaxy Tab- games are okay, but I like the Wii U b/c it's more geared for interaction with people- tablet more solo/portable....

Weeeellll there have been other people saying moblie gaming will somehow 'kill' next gen consoles.

#8 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:16 AM

i can see many working, it will help but i dont think it will help much, Y would you play a phone game on a consul when there are so much better things on it. will help more if wiiU doesnt get games.

#9 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:26 AM

I think it's a bad thing image-wise for a few reasons. First of all, bad games give a console bad reputation, even if there are also good games for it. It's better if there are 20 good games and 10 bad games available than 21 good games and 10 000 bad games. Secondly, a kid will have a harder time asking their parents for a good game when it costs 10 times as much as other games available, crappy as they may be. Thirdly, I don't think Nintendo want people to think of the Wii U as a console for mobile games. 

#10 BobbyRiddle

BobbyRiddle

Thwomp

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:16 AM

Nintendo should take the energy that they are using on the mobile game market to woo developers that make games for the CONSOLE market.  Doesn't Nintendo already have a very viable mobile device in the 3DS.  The last time I checked it has pushing 20m in sales.

I think it's a bad thing image-wise for a few reasons. First of all, bad games give a console bad reputation, even if there are also good games for it. It's better if there are 20 good games and 10 bad games available than 21 good games and 10 000 bad games. Secondly, a kid will have a harder time asking their parents for a good game when it costs 10 times as much as other games available, crappy as they may be. Thirdly, I don't think Nintendo want people to think of the Wii U as a console for mobile games. 

It is terrible for their image because it implies that they don't have much going with the developers and publishing houses that matter to console gamers.

Currently playing: AC 3, ZombiU, BLOPS 2, Nintendoland, NSMBU, Nano Assault Neo, Halo 4, Darksiders 2, and Far Cry 3

Wii U ID------BeMore

#11 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:25 AM

Nintendo should take the energy that they are using on the mobile game market to woo developers that make games for the CONSOLE market. Doesn't Nintendo already have a very viable mobile device in the 3DS. The last time I checked it has pushing 20m in sales.

It is terrible for their image because it implies that they don't have much going with the developers and publishing houses that matter to console gamers.

That's the idea, give them the ability to easily port their current games, and in not too long they'll be looking to make games specifically for WiiU using the same HTML5 language

#12 BobbyRiddle

BobbyRiddle

Thwomp

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:40 AM

That's the idea, give them the ability to easily port their current games, and in not too long they'll be looking to make games specifically for WiiU using the same HTML5 language

I guess it's possible......or you end up with that library of 10,000 crappy games that others have suggested.

Currently playing: AC 3, ZombiU, BLOPS 2, Nintendoland, NSMBU, Nano Assault Neo, Halo 4, Darksiders 2, and Far Cry 3

Wii U ID------BeMore

#13 Fig

Fig

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Fandom:
    Miyamoto franchises

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:42 AM

Angry Birds might break Miiverse.

#14 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:45 AM

I guess it's possible......or you end up with that library of 10,000 crappy games that others have suggested.

It's a simple matter to put them in a separate subcategory on the eShop, though, and having that library would steal the thunder from other tablets simply because WiiU can do it better and has better control options. There are tons of iOS games that I would play if the controls didn't suck so hard

#15 BobbyRiddle

BobbyRiddle

Thwomp

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:58 AM

It's a simple matter to put them in a separate subcategory on the eShop, though, and having that library would steal the thunder from other tablets simply because WiiU can do it better and has better control options. There are tons of iOS games that I would play if the controls didn't suck so hard

Well that's true, and that could turn out to be an issue.  iOS games tend to have shoe horned touch controls, and most of those games would be better served with gamepad controls.  It depends on whether the developers will be lazy and just port those shoe horned touch controls over to the WiiU gamepad or whether there will be options for left and right stick controls.  I don't want to feel like I'm playing an iphone game on a 42" TV.....if that perception runs rampant then I'm afraid it will do more harm than good.

Wii U ID------BeMore

#16 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:02 AM

Well that's true, and that could turn out to be an issue.  iOS games tend to have shoe horned touch controls, and most of those games would be better served with gamepad controls.  It depends on whether the developers will be lazy and just port those shoe horned touch controls over to the WiiU gamepad or whether there will be options for left and right stick controls.  I don't want to feel like I'm playing an iphone game on a 42" TV.....if that perception runs rampant then I'm afraid it will do more harm than good.

Obviously games would need to be rescaled, and control support would have to be added, but I'm pretty sure that is exactly why Nintendo released WiiU specific tools for porting mobile apps to the console, it would give them the ability to quickly upscale and sharpen the visuals, as well as add controller support.

#17 BobbyRiddle

BobbyRiddle

Thwomp

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:44 AM

Obviously games would need to be rescaled, and control support would have to be added, but I'm pretty sure that is exactly why Nintendo released WiiU specific tools for porting mobile apps to the console, it would give them the ability to quickly upscale and sharpen the visuals, as well as add controller support.

If that is the idea I'm all for it then.  However, I still want to see Nintendo reach out to the guys that make games like Terraria, Don't Starve, Hotline Miami, Monaco, State of Decay, and Binding of Isaac.  Fortunately that seems to also be where they are focusing.

Wii U ID------BeMore

#18 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 13 May 2013 - 10:26 AM

Aren`t Indies already coming to Wii U?

The news seems to be that Nintendo is offering means to port existing games on iOS to Wii U. If that happens, i got to tell you, there are some really cool games out there that could do well on Wii U. There`s even one that plays like Wind Waker - awesome, right?

I hope Nintendo doesn`t stop here and brings Free to play games to Wii U: Ghost Recon Online, Tribes; Ascend, Warface are some good examples.

#19 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 13 May 2013 - 10:42 AM

Aren`t Indies already coming to Wii U?

The news seems to be that Nintendo is offering means to port existing games on iOS to Wii U. If that happens, i got to tell you, there are some really cool games out there that could do well on Wii U. There`s even one that plays like Wind Waker - awesome, right?

I hope Nintendo doesn`t stop here and brings Free to play games to Wii U: Ghost Recon Online, Tribes; Ascend, Warface are some good examples.

They have said that they are making free to play possible on WiiU (I think that was also at GDC) including support for microtransactions.  There is already a game on the eShop like that for 3DS.

#20 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 01:16 PM

i don't want to play angry birds or any rubbish like that !

a proper console should have proper full size games !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!