Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:19 AM

Against the might of Nintendo, Ouya seemed like an ant. Sure, it had raised $8.6 million in crowdfunding on Kickstarter, but to put out a real game console in lots of retail stores takes a huge investment. It had no credibility even with all of the support from indie game developers who didn’t have the cash to make big-budget console games.

Now the scales may be tipping.
Quote:
We’re not sure what the valuation was, but Ouya just got a lot more expensive as a potential acquisition. Nintendo should have grabbed it while it had the chance. Nintendo, meanwhile, had its window to sell Wii U game consoles during the last six months. It had a shortage of hits, and the big games from top publishers either didn’t materialize or didn’t sell well. Nintendo generated some good digital revenue through the app store on the Wii U platform, but it hasn’t had a huge breakout hit on that front.
Quote:
Now the Wii U is dead in the water.

http://venturebeat.c...ght-have-beens/

Edited by Zinix, 13 May 2013 - 07:20 AM.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:44 AM

POPULAR

IKR. I always see ouyas on sale at gamestop and the kids just gathered around them playing angry birds at the kiosks.

And it appeals to adults too! I see all these adults lined up behind the kids excited to play angry birds.

Angry birds is such a good console, better than the wii u.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#3 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:16 AM

POPULAR

Ouya is just a smartphone on the big screen. Sooo....... NO.

Posted Image

#4 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero, SSB, Mario etc.

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:22 AM

I watched reviews and such on ouya that revealed that it wasn't what it was talked upto be

Posted Image

#5 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:52 AM

LOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#6 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 13 May 2013 - 10:08 AM

I don`t get it.Going to read it again.

#7 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 13 May 2013 - 10:31 AM

POPULAR

yeah-right.gif

Sony should of bought OUYA, Sony Dead in Water.

Microsoft should of bought OUYA, Microsoft Dead in Water.

Nintendo Has Sold 4 million Wii U next gen consoles and competitors have not even made it to market yet, thus Wii U is dead in water..... lol. 

Edited by Sorceror12, 13 May 2013 - 10:34 AM.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#8 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:34 PM

yeah-right.gif

Sony should of bought OUYA, Sony Dead in Water.
Microsoft should of bought OUYA, Microsoft Dead in Water.

Nintendo Has Sold 4 million Wii U next gen consoles and competitors have not even made it to market yet, thus Wii U is dead in water..... lol.

Have they sold 4 million?
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#9 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:36 PM

Have they sold 4 million?

Looks like 3.45 million, but by the time the author of the article gets sober, it will be over 4. LOL 

Edited by Sorceror12, 13 May 2013 - 12:36 PM.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#10 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 01:05 PM

Oh yes, the Wii U is dead in the water because it missed out on some Android based games.

ohnostarter.gif

Nintendo wouldn't die because of the lack of Android games. It would die for the lack of first party games.

#11 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 13 May 2013 - 02:50 PM

Nnnnnnnnno.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#12 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:03 PM

Looks like 3.45 million, but by the time the author of the article gets sober, it will be over 4. LOL

Lol that's what I thought though!
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#13 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:57 PM

Oh here we go again

Posted Image

This is where it ends

#14 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:28 AM

I can see a lot of people's inner fanboy coming out in this thread. I think the wii u is in trouble, it has completely wasted its head start, and I don't see any signs of change in marketing, or in third party support.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#15 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:51 AM

I can see a lot of people's inner fanboy coming out in this thread. I think the wii u is in trouble, it has completely wasted its head start, and I don't see any signs of change in marketing, or in third party support.

How's it in trouble?
It's got the same games Nintendo consoles always had.
Resident Evil, Monster Hunter, And Nintendo's own games.

Are you really suggesting Nintendo games, and the regular third party titles we get on their consoles intersects with those on android and iOS devices?
I don't see a monster hunter on android, no mario except the illegal stuff, no resident evil.
I don't see how that market has any effect on the console with 40 exclusive franchises on it, maybe Sony and Microsoft will be effected though.

Edited by Nollog, 14 May 2013 - 03:53 AM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#16 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:14 PM

He is so wrong lmao. I guarentee that Ouya will be Dead On Arrival.

#17 Mushlikeahusky1

Mushlikeahusky1

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi and luigis mansion.

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:18 PM

Man that Ouya plays Angry Birds HD I have to trade in my wii u for one. SAID NO ONE EVER!

#18 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:16 PM

I forgot that thing even existed lolol its going to tank so bad haha

#19 flowerlandfilms

flowerlandfilms

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:36 PM

...what do they get for buying Ouya? I.P.? Ouya doesn't have any, The hardware? Just off the shelf components.The OS? Android is free...
...wow, great value proposition there...

#20 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 15 May 2013 - 02:16 AM

How's it in trouble?
It's got the same games Nintendo consoles always had.
Resident Evil, Monster Hunter, And Nintendo's own games.

Are you really suggesting Nintendo games, and the regular third party titles we get on their consoles intersects with those on android and iOS devices?
I don't see a monster hunter on android, no mario except the illegal stuff, no resident evil.
I don't see how that market has any effect on the console with 40 exclusive franchises on it, maybe Sony and Microsoft will be effected though.

Actually there was a Monster Hunter game released on the IOS store a while back, however i don't think it reflected it's previous games at all and was more of an experiment than a fully fleshed out game.

Posted Image

This is where it ends

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!