• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:23 AM

PokeBeach, a Pokemon website that provides news, was contacted by an individual back in February. He claimed to have X/Y inside info, typically, PokeBeach would just ignore this kind of thing, but this person had development info no normal person would have. (FULL STORY)

Yesterday, the webmaster announced that he would be posting the English names of the newly revealed Pokemon. A few hours following that, he posted them. Today, the English names were revealed, with the same EXACT names the source provided. (SOURCE)

All the info PokeBeach received is going to be posted later tonight, but what he has posted is this:

• Fairy will be a new type. It is weak to Poison and Steel, immune to Dragon, super effective against Dragon, Dark, and Fighting, and Fire and Psychic-type Pokemon take half damage from it.
  • Sylveon is Fairy-type. Some older Pokemon will be reclassified to Fairy, such as Mawile (Steel/Fairy).
  • Mewtwo has two new formes, not just one. Both are activated via items.
  • The professor's English name is Patrice.
  • The Starter final evolutions are Fire/Psychic, Grass/Fighting, and Water/Dark.
  • The first Gym is Bug, the second is Fairy, and the fourth is Fighting.
  • A few attacks will be dual-typed.
  • There will be a new type of battling style that Flying-type Pokemon and Pokemon with Levitate can participate in.
  • You will be able to see a Pokemon's EVs at a certain in-game facility. You will be able to boost the EVs through mini-games. It will take about two hours to get one stat to max EVs.

I think it's very easy to assume this source is 100% valid.

I'm so glad the Fairy type is real. Going to take some getting used to, memorizing the weaknesses and strengths. The EV training simplified is great as well, goodbye tedious hours of doing it manually!

Spoiler

Spoiler

Edited by Blake, 14 May 2013 - 11:30 AM.

#2 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:42 AM

The white behind the X looks out of place. Just saying...

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#3 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:03 PM

This is awesome news, Fairy Type sounds amazing it's about time somthing was strong against Dragon, looking forward to the re-classification of certain Pokemon, Mewtwo having two new forms is cool but slightly wierd, I am so going to pick Fennikin cos' it's a Fire/Psychic, dual type moves is a very interesting concept, the EV checking facility I am so thankful for as this has been needed for a long time and EV increasing minigames sound epic! The boxart is amazeballz and lol Patrice!

#4 Gimbal

Gimbal

Abscond

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • NNID:Savoir
  • Fandom:
    School Rumble

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:46 PM

Cool that there's another thing for Psychics to resist., but wish there was another thing for psychics to be super effective against...

"So if Zero Suit Samus is fanbait for guys, where is the fanbait for girls? Why isn’t Captain Falcon wearing a thong or sporting a chest twice the size of his last model? Why doesn’t Mario have an absurd crotch buldge holding in his 10 inch slice of manhood? Why doesn’t Yoshi look like a Fist of the North Starcharacter.

That, my friends, is why the design is sexist."~Angelo M. D'Argenio-4/17/2014

"Yes, because owning only 1 game in this series makes you qualified to have an opinion on it"~PyroKinesis-5/7/2014

"He is a game dev, critic, games media writer, and candidate for a phd by the way. So, LMFAO."~3Dude 9/4/2014

#5 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:51 PM

What type did Clefairy use to be?

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#6 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:11 PM

What type did Clefairy use to be?

Normal.

And I really don't like the idea of dual-typed moves. It's going to complicate things so much...

#7 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:16 PM

Idk if I like... Maybe if Jiggs becomes a Normal/Fairy I might like.

Edited by GameCube, 14 May 2013 - 01:17 PM.

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#8 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:28 PM

Fairy type really? Can't come up with something better?

If real, Y boxart >>> X.
No sig.

#9 GhostDrive

GhostDrive

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:49 PM

Fairy type really? Can't come up with something better?

If real, Y boxart >>> X.

Agreed. I still think fairy type is ridiculous. If it turns out to be true I'll just deal with it. Until GameFreak confirms this, I hope fairy type is bull. Those are the actual box arts, and yes, Y is bloody awesome.

#10 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:00 PM

The white behind the X looks out of place. Just saying...

It looks in keeping with the Pokemon X and y branding, with the horribly outdated "glow" behind the logos.

Man, the glow has got to go.

It was cool 10 years ago.  It is OLD now.  Microsoft started using in in Vista title bars and it was outdated immediately.  

#11 Gimbal

Gimbal

Abscond

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • NNID:Savoir
  • Fandom:
    School Rumble

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:20 PM

Normal.

And I really don't like the idea of dual-typed moves. It's going to complicate things so much...

Good!

"So if Zero Suit Samus is fanbait for guys, where is the fanbait for girls? Why isn’t Captain Falcon wearing a thong or sporting a chest twice the size of his last model? Why doesn’t Mario have an absurd crotch buldge holding in his 10 inch slice of manhood? Why doesn’t Yoshi look like a Fist of the North Starcharacter.

That, my friends, is why the design is sexist."~Angelo M. D'Argenio-4/17/2014

"Yes, because owning only 1 game in this series makes you qualified to have an opinion on it"~PyroKinesis-5/7/2014

"He is a game dev, critic, games media writer, and candidate for a phd by the way. So, LMFAO."~3Dude 9/4/2014

#12 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:47 PM

Crap, fairy type just doesn't do it for me. I wish it was light type, it would go better with the series. Although I take this with a grain of salt.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#13 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 05:32 PM

Keviin, on 14 May 2013 - 4:28 PM, said:Fairy type really? Can't come up with something better?

If real, Y boxart >>> X.

I don't see anything wrong with a Fairy type. It's just a name, too.

Edited by Blake, 14 May 2013 - 05:33 PM.

#14 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 05:34 PM

Is anyone going to buy Pokemon X?....

Signature_Fox.png

#15 lucario23

lucario23

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:02 PM

I really don't know. I know everyone is super hyped for Y, but I'm not really sure which one I'm more fond of if I was honest with myself

#16 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:58 PM

I'm getting Y, I usually get the first version. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#17 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:02 PM

Keviin, on 14 May 2013 - 4:28 PM, said:Fairy type really? Can't come up with something better?

If real, Y boxart >>> X.

I don't see anything wrong with a Fairy type. It's just a name, too.

It's so weird. How many 'fairy' Pokemon can you create? Grass for example has endless possibilities. They should rather go with Light type.
No sig.

#18 Water Max

Water Max

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokémon and The Legend of Zelda

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:41 AM

PokéBeach has said in that article

The source seems to be genuine, but still take the information below with a grain of salt. We are classifying it as unconfirmed. Do not soil our beach sand with red liquid if it turns out to be fake. :P

This shows that everything said in that article isn't truly confirmed.

Edited by Water Max, 15 May 2013 - 12:42 AM.

Posted Image

#19 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 15 May 2013 - 03:09 AM

I don't mind a new type, as long as it's balanced. But at least call it Light Type in North America and Europe. Fairy Type just sounds dumb.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#20 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:45 AM

I probably will. I don't really like birds too much. (yeah I know some people are calling it a Wyvern but it looks nothing like one imo. Maybe if it ever opens it's mouth...)
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!