Gimbal

Abscond

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • NNID:Savoir
  • Fandom:
    School Rumble

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:41 AM

It's so weird. How many 'fairy' Pokemon can you create? Grass for example has endless possibilities. They should rather go with Light type.

You have no idea how many different types of fairies there are. You can make as many as you want.

"So if Zero Suit Samus is fanbait for guys, where is the fanbait for girls? Why isn’t Captain Falcon wearing a thong or sporting a chest twice the size of his last model? Why doesn’t Mario have an absurd crotch buldge holding in his 10 inch slice of manhood? Why doesn’t Yoshi look like a Fist of the North Starcharacter.

That, my friends, is why the design is sexist."~Angelo M. D'Argenio-4/17/2014

"Yes, because owning only 1 game in this series makes you qualified to have an opinion on it"~PyroKinesis-5/7/2014

"He is a game dev, critic, games media writer, and candidate for a phd by the way. So, LMFAO."~3Dude 9/4/2014

#22 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:06 AM

It's so weird. How many 'fairy' Pokemon can you create? Grass for example has endless possibilities. They should rather go with Light type.

There's more than the stereotypical pixie-like fairies, as I said in another thread. Here's some copy pasta, I'll bold the more easily recognizable ones:
In particular Seelie and Unseelie refer to good/bad faes, so I can easily see dark/fairy types. :3

Asrais, Aziza, Alvens and Abatwa, Banshees, Bogies, Bogles, Barghest, Bwca and Brownies, Corrigan, Changelings and Chaneques, Dwarves, Devas and Dryads, Elves and Ellyllon, Fauns and Fay and Fee and Fae and Fairies and Fates, the Gentry, Gwyllion, Gnomes and Goblins and Grundolyns, Havmand, Hags and Hobgoblins, Jengu and Jinn, Kappa, Kobold, Killmoulis and Kelpies, Leprechauns and Little Folk, Merrow and Mermaids and Morverch, Nymphs, Naiads, Nix, Obake, Pooka, Portunes, Peri and Pixies, Rusalka, Sprites, Sidhe and Sith, Sylphs, Spriggans, Seelies (and Unseelies) and Selkies and Sheoques, Trows, Urisk and Undines, Vila and Valkyries, Wee Folk, Yokai, Zana. And much more.

Edited by Ixchel, 15 May 2013 - 08:07 AM.

Posted Image

#23 Gimbal

Gimbal

Abscond

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • NNID:Savoir
  • Fandom:
    School Rumble

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:12 AM

Fairies are hardcore.

"So if Zero Suit Samus is fanbait for guys, where is the fanbait for girls? Why isn’t Captain Falcon wearing a thong or sporting a chest twice the size of his last model? Why doesn’t Mario have an absurd crotch buldge holding in his 10 inch slice of manhood? Why doesn’t Yoshi look like a Fist of the North Starcharacter.

That, my friends, is why the design is sexist."~Angelo M. D'Argenio-4/17/2014

"Yes, because owning only 1 game in this series makes you qualified to have an opinion on it"~PyroKinesis-5/7/2014

"He is a game dev, critic, games media writer, and candidate for a phd by the way. So, LMFAO."~3Dude 9/4/2014

#24 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:29 AM

I also like to mention again, that Sylveon's type weaknesses, etc, do make sense if it's a fairy type.

Weakness to Poison and Steel - Faeries are tied to nature, so just as poison is 2x on grass, it's 2x on faeries. They're also weak to iron like werewolves to silver.

Immunity to Dragon - Makes sense for one mythical creature to resist another?

Super-effective against Dragon, Dark and Fire-types - Erm, actually not too sure here. Again super effective to dragon because they're both mythical and well... dragon is super effective to itself. Dark types are also known as evil types, and fairies are known to punish bad acts. For fire... Not really sure. They do protect nature and fire is an enemy of forests so... maybe that? @_@ I'm not that into fairy lore so I dunno if fire has any real significance.

"Sylv" is generally used for things relating to nature. From wiki: "Sylvan or Silvan refers to an association with the woods." Fairies are very much tied to nature also. (Sort of wonder if there will be any more dimensional hi-jinks involved now, considering fairies are considered to drift between dimensions..)

Edit:

I wouldn't be surprised if hypno is changed to half fairy... Considering he kidnaps children. Fairies do love kidnapping babies and children...

Edited by Ixchel, 15 May 2013 - 08:36 AM.

Posted Image

#25 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:54 AM

There's more than the stereotypical pixie-like fairies, as I said in another thread. Here's some copy pasta, I'll bold the more easily recognizable ones:
In particular Seelie and Unseelie refer to good/bad faes, so I can easily see dark/fairy types. :3

Asrais, Aziza, Alvens and Abatwa, Banshees, Bogies, Bogles, Barghest, Bwca and Brownies, Corrigan, Changelings and Chaneques, Dwarves, Devas and Dryads, Elves and Ellyllon, Fauns and Fay and Fee and Fae and Fairies and Fates, the Gentry, Gwyllion, Gnomes and Goblins and Grundolyns, Havmand, Hags and Hobgoblins, Jengu and Jinn, Kappa, Kobold, Killmoulis and Kelpies, Leprechauns and Little Folk, Merrow and Mermaids and Morverch, Nymphs, Naiads, Nix, Obake, Pooka, Portunes, Peri and Pixies, Rusalka, Sprites, Sidhe and Sith, Sylphs, Spriggans, Seelies (and Unseelies) and Selkies and Sheoques, Trows, Urisk and Undines, Vila and Valkyries, Wee Folk, Yokai, Zana. And much more.

Lol, and how about a Navi Pokémon..

No sig.

#26 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:58 AM

Lol, and how about a Navi Pokémon..

It's ability would be the Hey, Listen; the pokemon would now be unable to flee.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#27 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:06 AM

Fairy can easily substitute for a "Light" type.

You could say the same thing about dark.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!