Photo

A Call To Arms: Nintendo Fans, This Is The Time!

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#41 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:06 AM

If Wii U owners decided to buy said 3rd party game on Wii U instead of on Sony or MS`s consoles, Wii U would have a brighter future. But the problem is getting those owners to actually do it.

Of course, sometimes they do end up being right in their purchases: better framerates, special editions, DLC, etc.

#42 xBASSxMONSTAx

xBASSxMONSTAx

Blooper

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Nintendo Legends

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:15 AM

To be fair, I would buy more Wii-U 3rd party games if they actually took their time with it and not just bang out a straight port from another console version.

The only 3rd party games I bought so far are Lego City and EA Need for speed.

Edited by xBASSxMONSTAx, 16 May 2013 - 07:17 AM.

#43 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:44 AM

I already have a Wii U. I bought it on launch. But I am tired of missing out on the triple A games that get released on other consoles and not on Nintendo consoles. On E3 2011 Nintendo showed Ken Levine of Bioshock praising the Wii U, 2 years later Bioshock Infinite gets released yet we don't get a Wii U version, why? I missed Crysis 3 also because it wasn't released on a Nintendo console. Metro Last Light was another game that appealed to me that I missed out because again, no Wii U version. I'm not even sure if we going to get GTA5, another game that appeals to me. So how many more games will I miss out. That the reason I will get a PS4 (the first time I will own a non Nintendo console) to play the triple A games that I am tired of missing out on and will keep my Wii U for the ocassional good game that might come its way. That Eternal Darkness successor game might be good and probably will be only on Wii U (other than PC), so that will be one of the games I will have my Wii U for.

I do understand your pain. I wanted Crysis 3 too. Metro Last Light looked good. So I can understand buying a PS4.

All I ask is when a developer does take a risk on the Wii U, and hopefully gives us the full version (or a better version) that you choose Wii U instead of PS4. Like if GTAV comes to Wii U.

And yes, as I have said to others, if the Wii U version is inferior don't buy it. We don't want to support bad games. Only good ones.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#44 Goodtwin

Goodtwin

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:02 AM

I do understand your pain. I wanted Crysis 3 too. Metro Last Light looked good. So I can understand buying a PS4.

All I ask is when a developer does take a risk on the Wii U, and hopefully gives us the full version (or a better version) that you choose Wii U instead of PS4. Like if GTAV comes to Wii U.

And yes, as I have said to others, if the Wii U version is inferior don't buy it. We don't want to support bad games. Only good ones.

Thats kind of the trick.  If the games are really good, then why arent Nintendo gamers buying them?  The problem has existed for years now.  Third party games have played second fiddle on Nintendo consoles because there has typically been a disparity in quality for the Nintendo console version of third party multi plats.  So Nintendo gamers have been hesitent to pay full price for third party multi plats that may or may not be on par with the competing consoles.  Third parties feel justified in not give the Nintendo versions propper attention because of sales history, so its really a viscious cycle.   

#45 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 12:13 PM

Thats kind of the trick. If the games are really good, then why arent Nintendo gamers buying them? The problem has existed for years now. Third party games have played second fiddle on Nintendo consoles because there has typically been a disparity in quality for the Nintendo console version of third party multi plats. So Nintendo gamers have been hesitent to pay full price for third party multi plats that may or may not be on par with the competing consoles. Third parties feel justified in not give the Nintendo versions propper attention because of sales history, so its really a viscious cycle.

I think the problem got worse under Wii. GCN had decent support. But under the Wii Nintendo was one of the only developers making good games for the console.

#46 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:59 PM

I think the problem got worse under Wii. GCN had decent support. But under the Wii Nintendo was one of the only developers making good games for the console.

i have said this time & again, Nintendo need to break this cycle, i have had every Nintendo console (not all handhelds) since the NES but every generation Mario, Zelda, Metroid is rolled out again, but this time it is in 3D or it is 64bit or you can control it by waving your arms about, you can play with a touch screen, the issue is that it is basically the same game, but with better graphics & a new user Interface, this in a way is no different to the Call of Duty games that all Nintendo (apparent fans)  rail against for being rubbish.

people are getting tired of the same thing now, i know i am, the thing with the WiiU is that Nintendo said they had big third party support, but they clearly don't & they MUST of know this because the games would of been already being made before the WiiU launched, Nintendo really have to start getting a grip & also moving with the times.

it is hard to understand what Nintendo were thinking of with the WiiU because they knew the issues they had with third party support, they knew there would be the X720 & PS4 released within a year or two of the WiiU launch, they must of has a idea of the power that the X720 & PS4 would have, but what seems to of happened is that the WiiU is seeming underpowered (not able to run the engines that will power games on the X720 & PS4) but also created developing issues like the PS3 had when it was launched.

#47 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:46 PM

i have said this time & again, Nintendo need to break this cycle, i have had every Nintendo console (not all handhelds) since the NES but every generation Mario, Zelda, Metroid is rolled out again, but this time it is in 3D or it is 64bit or you can control it by waving your arms about, you can play with a touch screen, the issue is that it is basically the same game, but with better graphics & a new user Interface, this in a way is no different to the Call of Duty games that all Nintendo (apparent fans) rail against for being rubbish.

people are getting tired of the same thing now, i know i am, the thing with the WiiU is that Nintendo said they had big third party support, but they clearly don't & they MUST of know this because the games would of been already being made before the WiiU launched, Nintendo really have to start getting a grip & also moving with the times.

it is hard to understand what Nintendo were thinking of with the WiiU because they knew the issues they had with third party support, they knew there would be the X720 & PS4 released within a year or two of the WiiU launch, they must of has a idea of the power that the X720 & PS4 would have, but what seems to of happened is that the WiiU is seeming underpowered (not able to run the engines that will power games on the X720 & PS4) but also created developing issues like the PS3 had when it was launched.

Wii U isn't that under powered. It's the Xbox 360 of this generation.

#48 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:08 PM

Wii U isn't that under powered. It's the Xbox 360 of this generation.

exactly, the WiiU is not truly nex-gen.

#49 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:52 PM

exactly, the WiiU is not truly nex-gen.

So then the Xbox 360 was part of the GCN generation? Because that's what you just said I was saying, which is not what I was saying.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!