• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 megasupermario91

megasupermario91

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:53 PM

There is a address you be the judge I hope this is not true Nintendo needs to save them self like saga did long ago
http://www.explosion...n=zergnet_57717

#2 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:57 PM

Give it time and we will see. Personally I don't believe the Wii U will be comparable to the DreamCast.

#3 megasupermario91

megasupermario91

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:59 PM

Would you be ok with Nintendo going to be a software company and no hardware

#4 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:01 PM

Would you be ok with Nintendo going to be a software company and no hardware

Well, yeah. Sega is both better and worse than they were as a hardware/software company. Better in that they don't have to worry so much about their finances. Worse in that if you are like me, you look at them as being a small part of their former glory.

#5 megasupermario91

megasupermario91

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:23 PM

But what if we're wrong the wii is beating the wii u still in sales that's just sad

#6 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:26 PM

The sales do suck yes, but we know the games are coming. Nobody can still say the Wii U is a failure while Smash Bros 4. 'X' and the new Zelda are still in development, I mean did everyone SERIOUSLY forget about the PS3's launch!? The system had no games for 2 straight years, 2. STRAIGHT. YEARS. (Well except Uncharted 1 came out in 07 but that's just about it) everybody was developing for Microsoft's console, remember the Ps3 didn't have Bioshock 1? Mass Effect 1? Dead Rising 1 was a huge deal back then exclusively to Xbox 360? But that was when things changed when Metal Gear Solid 4 finally hit store shelves and it was exclusive to Ps3. Same will happen with the games we are waiting for.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#7 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:35 PM

It's been out for 6 months and sold 3.5 million units, with a ton of games on the way.

How do you guys think it's going to fail?

794144.png?13383682

#8 megasupermario91

megasupermario91

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:36 PM

But the wii u is not really next gen its current gen with all the new graphics cards in the ps4 and Xbox infinity it's blows wii u out of the water the controller is just a big paper waight with flashing lights I play more with my iPad then the console anymore weres the cheese Nintendo with iwata in the us CEO now were are the games he promised in the launch window and now no e3 in the first ever thing Nintendo has done its looking cloudy with chance of failed iwata needs to be showed the door

Edited by megasupermario91, 14 May 2013 - 09:37 PM.

#9 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:39 PM

The WiiU is still only less than a year old and the main first party titles haven't even been released yet. I know that once the new 3D Mario, Zelda and Smash come out things will all change. People are counting Nintendo out too quickly and I don't know why. But whatever, they will see they were all wrong in due time.

As for them becoming a software only company, I don't see that happening. If it did I would really be sad and pissed. But their games would still probably be just as good.
zZJ9pHB.png
Special thanks to Horchata. I appreciate it so much.

#10 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:54 PM

Troll detected *sigh*
No sig.

#11 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:56 PM

But the wii u is not really next gen its current gen with all the new graphics cards in the ps4 and Xbox infinity it's blows wii u out of the water the controller is just a big paper waight with flashing lights I play more with my iPad then the console anymore weres the cheese Nintendo with iwata in the us CEO now were are the games he promised in the launch window and now no e3 in the first ever thing Nintendo has done its looking cloudy with chance of failed iwata needs to be showed the door

Look at it this way, the wii was incredibly underpowered compared to the PS3 and Xbox 360, check out the sales:

Wii worldwide sales: 99.84 Million (as of March 31st 2013)

PS3 worldwide sales: 77 Million (as of January 2013)

Xbox 360 worldwide sales:77.2 Million (as of April 17th 2013)

If you ask me, it's not all the fancy bells and whistles that make a console sell, it's the lineup. Also, that's your problem you play your iPad more than your consoles, not anyone elses.

Another thing to consider about the mostly delayed launch lineup, think of it this way. Do you want a really crappy rushed game, or do you want a nicely polished game? Also, Iwata's just doing fine right now, and don't go expecting the lack of a huge E3 show to make nintendo fail.

Sorry, but I don't know if you're serious or trolling.

794144.png?13383682

#12 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:46 PM

Obviously troll is obvious... everyone don't even reply.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#13 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:49 PM

Yet another boring Wiiu is dead, Wiiu is low tech worse than 48k Spectrum thread.

Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#14 Tom

Tom

The Unicorn

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • NNID:IAmTom
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:44 AM

ibp1VKhDQ189Ax.gif tumblr_mgjneoAEVg1r0u392o1_500.gif

raritytantrum.gif?1319412060

hines-ward-crying-sports-crying-gifs.giftumblr_mm1hsqkqp81sownz1o1_500.gif

Please continue to ignore what people are saying and go on with the naysaying.

Edited by Tom, 15 May 2013 - 01:13 AM.

"I'M NOT BEING PESSIMISTIC, I'M BEING REALISTIC." - EVERY PESSIMIST EVER.

#15 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 15 May 2013 - 02:08 AM

wow! I like your run on sentence. If you're going to troll, at least use punctuation so we can understand what you're trying to ramble on about. That way, we can fully understand you, and laugh at your stupid, uneducated ideas rather than your horrific grammar.

Edited by BanjoKazooie, 15 May 2013 - 02:11 AM.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#16 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 15 May 2013 - 02:27 AM

The WiiU is far from being dead, even if the console was an absoulte failure and sold say....less than 20 million world wide, Nintendo still have the funds to continue for another couple of decades atleast even if their next consoles flop.

Remember, one, we don't know the specs for the WiiU apart from the 2GB ram (1GB dedicated to OS), so don't assume that the PS4 will blow the WiiU out of the water. Two, we don't have any official info on the 720.

If you don't like the controller, fine, that doesn't mean it's an oversized glowly paperweight, thats simply your opinion. If you prefer to play iPad games, fine, but again thats your choice alone, not everyone elses.

It pains me to see all these developers say that Nintendo should just start making premium IOS games and discontinue the hardware side of their business the mobile market would probably be the last place Nintendo would develop their games should they become software only.

Nintendo is going nowhere, go buy angry birds another 8 times for all i care.

Posted Image

This is where it ends

#17 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 15 May 2013 - 03:07 AM

Why does everyone forget that Sega was in a financial hellhole when they launched the Dreamcast? The failure of the Sega CD, 32X, and Saturn, along with insane development costs of games like Shenmue put them so far in the red that they may have left the hardware buisnrss anyway. If the Wii was a failure, then we may be in a similar situation, but it wasn't.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#18 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 15 May 2013 - 03:26 AM

Looks more like the Gamecube situation if anything. But we don't know if the good games will sell the Wii U yet. We'll see.

But the wii u! Is not, really, next. Gen, its current, Gen, with all the new graphics! Cards in the ps4? And Xbox??? Infinity - it's blows! Wii, u out of the water - the controller is just A.

Big paper, waight, with flashing lights I play. More with my iPad, then the console. Anymore, weres the cheese, Nintendo? With Iwata in the us.

CEO now! Were are the games he promised? In the launch window? And now - no e3 in the first ever. Thing Nintendo has done its looking, Cloudy. With chance of failed, Iwata. Needs to be showed the door.

#19 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:15 AM

The sales do suck yes, but we know the games are coming. Nobody can still say the Wii U is a failure while Smash Bros 4. 'X' and the new Zelda are still in development, I mean did everyone SERIOUSLY forget about the PS3's launch!? The system had no games for 2 straight years, 2. STRAIGHT. YEARS. (Well except Uncharted 1 came out in 07 but that's just about it) everybody was developing for Microsoft's console, remember the Ps3 didn't have Bioshock 1? Mass Effect 1? Dead Rising 1 was a huge deal back then exclusively to Xbox 360? But that was when things changed when Metal Gear Solid 4 finally hit store shelves and it was exclusive to Ps3. Same will happen with the games we are waiting for.

Absolute rubbish. The PS3 had plenty of good games in its first two years.

#20 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:20 AM

Absolute rubbish. The PS3 had plenty of good games in its first two years.

Nothing that really caught on, Sony had a less than 1.0 attach rate for the first two years, even with less than stellar sales figures on their consoles.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!