Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 15 May 2013 - 06:31 AM

Surprised there wasn't a thread for this already. 

Walt Disney Co’s ABC network is tapping its blockbuster “Avengers” franchise for a new TV show, looking to reverse a ratings decline that put it last of the four largest networks among audiences coveted by advertisers.

The network is so confident in “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” that it scheduled the show on Tuesdays at 8 p.m. eastern time, where it will face off against TV’s top-rated scripted show, CBS’ crime juggernaut “NCIS.”

ABC plans to air a total eight new shows this fall, according to a schedule of its Fall lineup that was released by the network. It will also retool its long-running hit “Dancing with the Stars,” cutting it back from two nights to one after its ratings weakened.

Its “S.H.I.E.L.D.” offering is ABC’s first effort to translate the big-screen success of Disney’s Marvel comics movie franchise to television.

The new TV show will star “Avengers” actor Clark Gregg as agent Phil Coulson, who assembles a small group of agents to investigate strange happenings around the world. “Avengers” movie director Joss Whedon, who created the hit sci-fi TV show “Buffy the Vampire Slayer,” will serve as executive producer.

“We believe S.H.I.E.L.D. is going to recruit a whole new audience coming in,” ABC Entertainment President Paul Lee told reporters on a conference call. “And we don’t necessarily think that audience is the same as NCIS.”

The show tested well in “all four quadrants,” meaning young and old, men and women, Lee said.

ABC hopes to lure younger viewers with the fast-paced, special effects laden show instead of “NCIS,” whose viewers have a median age of 60, Horizon Media analyst Brad Adgate said.

http://www.niagarafa...gents-of-shield

Trailer:

I'm pretty excited about this, and I think it looks really good. Any big budget comic-book based show is good in my books.

For those who are wondering about Agent Coulson being alive: rumour has it that his death was completely faked in order to motivate The Avengers and that the pilot will show a lot of S.H.I.E.L.D Agents who frown upon that decision. (http://screenrant.co...ained-spoilers/)

Thoughts?

#2 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:19 AM

Looks pretty cool.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#3 Etkar

Etkar

Blooper

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:34 AM

As long as one of the Avengers makes a cameo (RDJ), I'll be good.

#4 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:47 AM

Can't wait for this! 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#5 backudog

backudog

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • NNID:backudog

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:36 AM

Don't touch Lola! Lol, looking forward to this, looks great, and there's bound to be some sort of big name cameo in the first episode by someone from the marvel movies, there usually is in these things,Not that it matters if there isn't, coz it looks great anyway.
I hear voices in my head all the time, telling me what to do. But I just ignore them and carry on killing.

#6 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:28 PM

Don't touch Lola! Lol, looking forward to this, looks great, and there's bound to be some sort of big name cameo in the first episode by someone from the marvel movies, there usually is in these things,Not that it matters if there isn't, coz it looks great anyway.

Maybe Samuel L Jackson will make a cameo, but i think Joss Whedon is looking to make it a completely separate thing from Avengers (character-wise anyway). So I don't know if we'll see Iron Man or Captain America anytime soon.

#7 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:56 PM

Meh, I'll just wait for avengers 2...

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#8 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:19 PM

This looks awesome, I can't wait to see it :D gotta finish Smallville and catch up on Arrow too.

#9 backudog

backudog

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • NNID:backudog

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:43 AM

This looks awesome, I can't wait to see it :D gotta finish Smallville and catch up on Arrow too.

Dude, the Arrow season finale rocked IMO. Can't wait for season 2! 

Maybe Samuel L Jackson will make a cameo, but i think Joss Whedon is looking to make it a completely separate thing from Avengers (character-wise anyway). So I don't know if we'll see Iron Man or Captain America anytime soon.

That's who I was thinking, seeing as he's the head of s.h.i.e.l.d. would make sense to see him even briefly.

I hear voices in my head all the time, telling me what to do. But I just ignore them and carry on killing.

#10 elvisbeck

elvisbeck

Blooper

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • NNID:elvisdavebeck
  • Fandom:
    Super Mario, Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:32 AM

Looks pretty cool. Wonder if they'll have any Marvel heros in it besides whom we've seen.
Hi, I'm Dave. If you wish to add me to your Wii U Friend List, my NNID is elvisdavebeck. Don't forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel: http://www.YouTube.com/user/elvisbeck., where I play Nintendo games and more.

#11 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:29 PM

Coulson still alive? I was thinking it was pre-Avengers, but whatever.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!